Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

"Good" Accuracy


nyghtrunner's Avatar


nyghtrunner
09.08.2014 , 02:14 PM | #1
To the vets out there, what do you consider a good accuracy on a match? I've read some of you say that accuracy is one of the true measures of someone's bonafides, and so I'm just wondering what kind of numbers you're thinking of when you say that.

Obviously, weapon choice (BLCs v RFLs v LLCs, etc) is a huge factor in the end %, as well as ship, but I was curious to hear what some of you thought. I'm most interested in Scouts, because that's what I love to fly, but am curious about all ship/weapon types.
Master, I marked the best escape pod for your use. I of course, will go down with the ship.
Graendahl / Semírhage : Hawkë / Mierín

SammyGStatus's Avatar


SammyGStatus
09.08.2014 , 02:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by nyghtrunner View Post
To the vets out there, what do you consider a good accuracy on a match? I've read some of you say that accuracy is one of the true measures of someone's bonafides, and so I'm just wondering what kind of numbers you're thinking of when you say that.

Obviously, weapon choice (BLCs v RFLs v LLCs, etc) is a huge factor in the end %, as well as ship, but I was curious to hear what some of you thought. I'm most interested in Scouts, because that's what I love to fly, but am curious about all ship/weapon types.
On my GS, between 60-80% is good depending on how many stupid evasion scouts are out there (seriously, I can't hit these guys WITH wingman sometimes for 7+ seconds, even when he's standing still and I'm not moving. This is infuriating). If the opposition is mostly bombers and strikes, that number can easily increase.

For scouts, I'd say ~45 is where I reside, and about the same for star guard using a mix of quads and heavies. I don't do bombers
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Ryuku-sama's Avatar


Ryuku-sama
09.08.2014 , 02:25 PM | #3
40 on a LLC + pods
45 on a BLC + Cluster
55 with HLC
50-60 on a railgun
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
09.08.2014 , 02:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
On my GS, between 60-80% is good depending on how many stupid evasion scouts are out there (seriously, I can't hit these guys WITH wingman sometimes for 7+ seconds, even when he's standing still and I'm not moving. This is infuriating). If the opposition is mostly bombers and strikes, that number can easily increase.

For scouts, I'd say ~45 is where I reside, and about the same for star guard using a mix of quads and heavies. I don't do bombers
Well, as a bomber sometimes you're forced to shoot out into the empty... air? I guess, or else the system might say that you're not contributing.

Drakkolich's Avatar


Drakkolich
09.08.2014 , 02:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
40 on a LLC + pods
45 on a BLC + Cluster
55 with HLC
50-60 on a railgun
I think these are good numbers to consider your aim "good".

It is however interesting to me that I think 40 on Light Laser Cannon + rocket pods is way closer to Ace level in my opinion.
However 50-60 on a Railgun is almost dropping out of "good" aim to me.
I also think if you're hitting almost the same with Light Laser Cannon as Burst Laser Cannon there is something wrong there. Burst Laser Cannon + Cluster Missiles should have a much higher accuracy then Light Laser Cannon + Rocket Pods.

I think 55 for Heavy Laser Cannon is the perfect number though, unless you have Gunsheep/Jennipher's rediculous mine accuracy glitch. For some reason whenever a mine detonates for him, it counts as if its trying to hit the whole enemy team. So every mine explosion counts as 8 shots on his scoreboard, and for every player he doesn't hit with every mine it counts as a miss. We tested it one game he didn't fire a single shot and just mined the map. He had something like 600 misses and 3% accuracy.

I found an old screenshot of it the whatever is happening at work here.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Nemarus's Avatar


Nemarus
09.08.2014 , 03:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
40 on a LLC + pods
45 on a BLC + Cluster
55 with HLC
50-60 on a railgun
This aligns pretty close with my "good" performances, if you swap out MLC's or Quads for LLC's.

Though I can still put out record MLC + Pod DPS even when I don't break 40% accuracy.

Yes, high accuracy is a decent measure of skill, but at the end of the day, damage wins battles, not accuracy. The only cost of missing a shot is lost weapon energy/ammo, or potentially warning an unaware enemy of your presence.

If you're already shooting at someone, and if weapon energy/ammo isn't a concern (which in most cases it isn't), then there's really no reason to not take a "risky" shot that is likely to miss but also might hit. The shot not taken never hits. The shot taken might.

I tend to shoot rather liberally with lasers, but more conservatively with rockets.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

TrinityLyre's Avatar


TrinityLyre
09.08.2014 , 03:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
40 on a LLC + pods
45 on a BLC + Cluster
55 with HLC
50-60 on a railgun
60+ for BLC/cluster. BLCs are a joke to hit with, and spamming clusters only increases your accuracy over say, HLC.
75+ for railgun. Any less is not even worth the glance. The question is what is "good" accuracy, not substandard or par for the course.

Other than those I think your numbers match my thoughts. Admittedly, I don't look at this other than to judge whether or not I was flying drunk or otherwise handicapped. Many times I think I'm having a bad game (as it pertains to accuracy) I still score above these values. It's an interesting statistic to keep an eye on, but I place a heavy focus on K/D. If you have 99% accuracy, kill 30 players but died 30 times are you really all that great? *shrugs*
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

Fractalsponge's Avatar


Fractalsponge
09.08.2014 , 03:39 PM | #8
For "good" I'd say:

BLC scout should be 60+
Railgun accuracy 70+
All spray weapons (quads, llc, etc.) 40-50+
http://fractalsponge.net
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

nyghtrunner's Avatar


nyghtrunner
09.08.2014 , 04:00 PM | #9
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I've just been curious because I've been on an absolute tear with the T2 Scout with BLCs + Clusters lately. I think I might have leveled up, because a couple of months ago, it was rough for me to actually get much above 40-45% with my build, but here lately, the lowest I think I've seen is 58%, with the upper outlier being 75%, and the norm becoming 62-68%.

My accuracy numbers seem to be up across the board, even pushing 30-40% with RFLs on a largely stock Blackbolt (When I first started flying, my guildies used to make fun of my relative effectiveness despite rocking a 15-20% ACC with BLCs and Quads... I'll not disclose what my RFL/LLC accuracy was in those days...). It's to the point that I started asking some of the people I fly with if they've noticed their accuracy numbers going up since the last patch, or if BioW might have tinkered with the "hit" calc numbers recently, which was really the impetus of my asking here.

In judging the responses, you guys aren't noticing anything BioW has done, which leads me to believe that I'm just getting better now that I'm back to flying pretty much daily.

Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
I found an old screenshot of it the whatever is happening at work here.
Interesting... I've never heard of this bug, but then, I try very hard to stay away from piloting bombers. I've seen some sickening numbers out of them, but I find them to be even more boring than a GS, which just really isn't my bag. I absolutely love the thrill of the hunt. To me, there's just nothing more satisfying than chasing someone down while being chased by multiple enemies, and bagging the kill before turning my sights on the would-be chasers.

Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Well, as a bomber sometimes you're forced to shoot out into the empty... air? I guess, or else the system might say that you're not contributing.
I wasn't aware that just shooting into empty air would reset that timer. Good to know.

NOTE - This was written I guess as Trinity was writing their response. I'm definitely not looking at it as the end all, be all statistic, I was just curious to see what some of your thoughts on the matter were.
Master, I marked the best escape pod for your use. I of course, will go down with the ship.
Graendahl / Semírhage : Hawkë / Mierín

Ryuku-sama's Avatar


Ryuku-sama
09.08.2014 , 04:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
I think these are good numbers to consider your aim "good".

It is however interesting to me that I think 40 on Light Laser Cannon + rocket pods is way closer to Ace level in my opinion.
However 50-60 on a Railgun is almost dropping out of "good" aim to me.
I also think if you're hitting almost the same with Light Laser Cannon as Burst Laser Cannon there is something wrong there. Burst Laser Cannon + Cluster Missiles should have a much higher accuracy then Light Laser Cannon + Rocket Pods.
I didn't use BLC since I got good with LLC. So my numbers for BLC aren't up to date. Rail accuracy.. what can I say.. I miss very often (and tend to use my close range weaponry rather often)
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015