Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server queue

Idoya
09.03.2014 , 05:15 AM | #1
Server status says "Light"

And yet, here I am, placed in a queue. Where it says, "as a subscriber, you get top priority to full servers".

And it says I'm fourth in queue, and the server wait is less than five minutes so, I wait. I go flick on a youtube video on my second monitor and watch it while I do. And suddenly... I'm fifth in queue. ***??

So, I alt tab to a browser to check server status on the site here, which tells me the same thing the game does: light.

I alt tab back and... I'm 20th in queue? You know queues are supposed to get shorter, right? Forget the whole "you have priority" stuff for a second cuz frankly, I don't give much of a damn about - considering the servers are "Light" why is there a queue at all?

But let's pretend that for argument's sake, the server was legitimately full. Why am I subbed if by 'priority' you actually mean 'yah, we're actually going to move you back in the queue because :reasons:'

*sigh* I usually like to log in when the EVE servers go down for daily half hour downtime. Daily downtime allows for some rudimentary maintenance and basic server checks that ensure they'll be up for another 23 hours, with only the most severe and difficult to detect faults causing a problem - these are very rare. They actually manage their servers really well, and use... you know, quality equipment. Anyway, it never actually takes a half an hour though, they're probably already back up. I'll be over there while you sort through the massive queue on this "Light" server load.

Selenial
09.03.2014 , 05:21 AM | #2
I'm having the same issue, this is hardly prime time.

I started at 96 while reading your post, down to 94, up to 95 and I'm currently now at 88.

Wish me luck.

Edit: Now at 103. Yay -_-
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Idoya
09.03.2014 , 05:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I'm having the same issue, this is hardly prime time.

I started at 96 while reading your post, down to 94, up to 95 and I'm currently now at 88.

Wish me luck.
Good luck. I'll try again later, I'm not gonna sit around waiting, I've got wartargets in EVE to chase.

Interestingly, there was a patch for EVE today. Downtime was less than 20 minutes, and that included applying the patch. SWTOR takes two hours for 2.9c and evidently breaks the whole game

Kumbel
09.03.2014 , 05:23 AM | #4
My main question is are people getting in or is an endless queue ?
I am like everyone else sitting in line.
BW really needs to fix this server. its been bad for so long.

NM just got in then instantly kicked LMAO

XEEVA
09.03.2014 , 05:28 AM | #5
Appears that Hamster Version 28 has experienced a fatal loss of life service and requires a re-installation utilising Hamster Version 29. Since the server is now unavailable.

Prayers and thoughts go out to Hamster Version 28's friends and family.
AgentSith-MDN
Officer <EPIDEMIC> The Harbinger
65 Jugg Xeeva | 65 Mara Stabbie-MDN | 65 Sin Bluwaffle | 65 Sorc XeevA
65 Merc Xeeana | 65 PT FatSlob | 65 OP GoodDay-MDN | 65 Sniper AgentSith-MDN

65 Slinger WhiteStar-MDN | 65 Sage IŠonŠ | 65 Knight Sweep'er

Birdmonster
09.03.2014 , 05:28 AM | #6
Got Error code 1003.

Is this all servers or just Harbinger?

Selenial
09.03.2014 , 05:29 AM | #7
Harbinger having "Connection Issues" when trying to connect now, can get into any other server just fine.

GG WP. Time to go level a toon on an EU server, as I should have done years ago. Or really, any server bar Harbinger.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Kilor
09.03.2014 , 05:29 AM | #8
Experiencing the same thing.

After getting kicked I am now getting the ever descriptive Error Code: 1003 -- Yes, thank you, I am aware that there is a problem with my connection to the server...

XEEVA
09.03.2014 , 05:32 AM | #9
Just be grateful that the SWTOR servers are not deployed to MAC infrastructure. Otherwise you would get crap like "Error, an error occurred due to an error"
AgentSith-MDN

XEEVA
09.03.2014 , 05:39 AM | #10
Actually if you click on the "More Info" Link on the error message you receive more information......

"Server error 1003 means that the server you are attempting to connect to is about to enter maintenance mode, or the current hamster clone has ceased operational status. Please stand by so we can bring a replacement hamster out of cryostasis and attach to the biochemical neurological influx wave server core (tm) via s c r o t u m (tm) connection. We anticipate that full Services will resume as soon as possible. You can check the current status of the server (and s c r o t u m (tm)) by visiting the server status thread on the game testing forums."
AgentSith-MDN