Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Being able to sit

OddballEasyEight
09.07.2014 , 12:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KremlinKOA View Post
I would bet your main is Body Type 1
The collision detection and clipping work well for /chair and BT1
But BT3 means you literally cannot sit on half the furniture.
My main is BT3.
Most of my other chars are BT 2 or 3.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

OddballEasyEight
09.07.2014 , 12:44 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kael_Darkstone View Post
It's not difficult to manage that particular feature at all, SWG you were able to sit in all the furniture without hassle, I think Bioware should really take a look at what SWG had to offer, and before you say it's a dead game, keep in mind SOE only brought that game off line because Bioware was introducing this game with promises such as Space combat, Player housing, guild halls, upgraded graphics and voice acting, well they got the graphics and voice acting, our choices for space combat are, PVP or Starfox with a starwars skin....
And you should keep in mind that it's two completely different game engines written in completely different programming languages.

You have no clue if it's difficult or not to program that kind of behaviour in this game.
But from the devs' statements and their inability to implement sitting in furniture during these years of the game being active, I'd say it seems pretty damned hard to do.
Especially when they say that the only chairs you CAN sit in were basically "hacks" that don't work every time.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.

KremlinKOA
09.07.2014 , 03:37 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
My main is BT3.
Most of my other chars are BT 2 or 3.
Then I challenge you to produce a video of you sitting in the spacers' lounge, the executive lounge and a Selkath chair
On a BT3 character.
After sitting you are required, to fulfil this challenge, to give a slow camera pan around your character to demonstrate that you are firmly seated on the furniture, and not in mid air.
21st of July 2011: the day Bioware earned my enmity
1st of March 2012: The day they atoned, and won back my good graces.

OddballEasyEight
09.07.2014 , 06:53 AM | #24
Then I challenge you to produce a video of you sitting in the spacers' lounge, the executive lounge and a Selkath chair
On a BT3 character.
After sitting you are required, to fulfil this challenge, to give a slow camera pan around your character to demonstrate that you are firmly seated on the furniture, and not in mid air.
Umm, sure, I'll just drop everything I'm doing and spend time getting those three decorations (ok, I have one of them) and film it just to appease your ego.

Or, maby I'll just ignore that and do something I like instead.

KremlinKOA
09.07.2014 , 12:58 PM | #25
Umm, sure, I'll just drop everything I'm doing and spend time getting those three decorations (ok, I have one of them) and film it just to appease your ego.

Or, mabye I'll just ignore that and do something I like instead.
You are claiming it can be done. I am saying it can't.
I gave 3 bits of furniture where the problem is very noticeable.
Also I am pretty sure if you asked around your guild, or friends, one of them will have the seats.
Otherwise, how would you even know if they can be sat on properly by a BT3?
21st of July 2011: the day Bioware earned my enmity
1st of March 2012: The day they atoned, and won back my good graces.

OddballEasyEight
09.08.2014 , 10:16 AM | #26
You are claiming it can be done. I am saying it can't.
I gave 3 bits of furniture where the problem is very noticeable.
Also I am pretty sure if you asked around your guild, or friends, one of them will have the seats.
Otherwise, how would you even know if they can be sat on properly by a BT3?
Because you're not claiming that just those three exceptions are what's wrong. You're claiming that "you literally cannot sit on half the furniture".
That's far more than three exceptions.

There are a few seats/chairs that are slightly too short for some bodytypes, sure.

But hardly "half of all furniture".

Also, BT3 is the tallest BT there is.
But it still uses the same skeleton and animations as the other BTs.
I mean, have you seen one on a speeder bike? It looks frikkin' redonkulous!

So expecting a BT3 to look perfectly fine sitting in a tiny chair is kinda silly.

But sure, I made a video for you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XZa...ature=youtu.be

Nydus
09.08.2014 , 10:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Yeah, and i almost feel embarassed on their behalf thinking about that solution.
+1. It isn't good enough. It is possible to do this on the starship, so why not be able to do this in your stronghold.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Nydus
09.08.2014 , 11:00 AM | #28
You have no clue if it's difficult or not to program that kind of behaviour in this game.
I accept that, but I would argue that is a pretty lame defect in the engine. It is a freaking MMO. You think they'd have figured some basic degree of interacting with the universe would be crucial to keeping dedicated players happy.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

OddballEasyEight
09.08.2014 , 10:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
I accept that, but I would argue that is a pretty lame defect in the engine. It is a freaking MMO. You think they'd have figured some basic degree of interacting with the universe would be crucial to keeping dedicated players happy.

- Arcada
Again... they didn't write the engine.
It was purchased.

Darth_Wicked
09.09.2014 , 12:19 AM | #30
Again... they didn't write the engine.
It was purchased.
I believe the correct term is "licensed".