Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Being able to sit


nosub's Avatar


nosub
09.02.2014 , 10:59 PM | #1
Please make it where we can actually sit in the seats by clicking on them. It's something I think would add some realism.

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
09.02.2014 , 11:37 PM | #2
In case you don't know, there is a /chair emote you can use while standing in front of a seat. That is their intended use method.

Twin's Avatar


Twin
09.03.2014 , 07:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
In case you don't know, there is a /chair emote you can use while standing in front of a seat. That is their intended use method.
Yeah, and i almost feel embarassed on their behalf thinking about that solution.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

LeJarC's Avatar


LeJarC
09.03.2014 , 07:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
In case you don't know, there is a /chair emote you can use while standing in front of a seat. That is their intended use method.
That's just it, if it only worked when standing in front of a seat it would at least feel half convincing. Sadly it works wherever you stand, Even more sadly they forgot to take into account that not all chairs have their sitting surface at the same height, and more often than not you are hovering with your *** in mid-air.

They could have just added some logic to the emote to find the nearest piece of sitting furniture decoration and attach the same action script (to the emote instead of to the chair) as is tied to the pilot seats on your ship.

And, just like with dyes and companion gear, it also does not carry over into conversation cut-scenes. I had rolled a new sniper, and got sent to this guy on Balmorra to talk to. When I got there, there was a seat in front of the desk, and for the life of me I could not position myself such that I could properly sit on it. Yet when I started the conversation guess what happened? My character walks up to that exact same chair and sits down the proper way even though I already had seated myself as much as possible on the chair instead of hovering next to it or in front of it prior to starting the converstation. Granted, this is probably unavoidable with cutscenes, but the few ones where your character demonstrates to be able to sit down proper makes the emote's lack of accuracy bite even more
Sorry. No referral link here. Trust me! You don't want to....
lurker mode engaged until sub runs out.

MagikFingerz's Avatar


MagikFingerz
09.03.2014 , 08:52 AM | #5
Well, our starships have sittable chairs in the cockpit, so why couldn't they apply that same coding to chair and couch decorations?
55's: Sage - Caranx | Sentinel - Wu'Chi Gunslinger - Jhaxx | Commando - Chronix
Assassin - Thoraxx | Juggernaut - Haxxion Operative - Axihn | PowerTech - Drexxin

<55's: Shadow - Nexxon | Guardian - Daexion Scoundrel - Jhaxara | Vanguard - Chronox
Sorcerer - Thoraxa | Marauder - Raxxon Sniper - Draxxon | Mercenary - Laranxa

Uludelu's Avatar


Uludelu
09.03.2014 , 10:26 AM | #6
Because at Bioware they allways do half of the work and they says it's a amazing new content.

Lazy people !

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
09.03.2014 , 10:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MagikFingerz View Post
Well, our starships have sittable chairs in the cockpit, so why couldn't they apply that same coding to chair and couch decorations?
They have stated before that the code used to do that was a bit of a hack by one of the devs, and its very difficult to make it work, in fact sometimes it doesn't work even in our ships.

Comparing cut scenes to an emote is rather funny.

I've played games with click seating, and it was often just as cludgy as emote seating is in this game, without the benefit of being able to choose where you sit.

At the end of the day no matter what they did some group of people were going to be unhappy. IF it was click seating, people would be unhappy at where they decided to position the character on the seat, especially on multiseat furniture. They went for the system that gives the player the most control, but requires a bit more work to use.

GrandLordMenace's Avatar


GrandLordMenace
09.03.2014 , 11:31 AM | #8
They do need to make the clipping of the seats a bit better, some are an insane hassle to sit on. Give us more of a surface to actually sit on.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

TheNevet's Avatar


TheNevet
09.03.2014 , 11:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
They have stated before that the code used to do that was a bit of a hack by one of the devs, and its very difficult to make it work, in fact sometimes it doesn't work even in our ships.

Comparing cut scenes to an emote is rather funny.

I've played games with click seating, and it was often just as cludgy as emote seating is in this game, without the benefit of being able to choose where you sit.

At the end of the day no matter what they did some group of people were going to be unhappy. IF it was click seating, people would be unhappy at where they decided to position the character on the seat, especially on multiseat furniture. They went for the system that gives the player the most control, but requires a bit more work to use.
No, they chose the system that required them to do the least amount of work because they consider this a trivial matter that isn't even worth their time. I disagree though. If sandbox features like this had been in this game from day one, this game would've been at quite a different level of success.
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
09.03.2014 , 11:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
In case you don't know, there is a /chair emote you can use while standing in front of a seat. That is their intended use method.
Their intended use is crap, pure and simple.

First, it randomizes repeatedly, to the point it becomes just a nuisance.

Second, it takes forever depending on the gender and body type to sit right and even then, it is likely the character just sits at they very tip of the chair, couch, whatever.

Third, this is 2014. It shouldn't be that hard(!) to code this kind of stuff properly, especially when it's in the game since launch, concerning some seats on one's ship.

It's still better than nothing but it's still crap.

EDIT:

And let us not forget the several sitting poses that are tied to CM- emotes ONLY. Lovely.