Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why is all the "Good Stuff" only attainable by spending real world Money?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Why is all the "Good Stuff" only attainable by spending real world Money?

AnteJeebuz's Avatar


AnteJeebuz
09.03.2014 , 08:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
The really awesome stuff are from Operations. Even Flashpoint stuff cannot compare. I'd like to craft those Op trophies but I can't.
You can buy these Op trophies from GTN but the price will start from at least 1 million!

http://tor-decorating.com/operations/
So.. 1 entire set of dailies = op trophy. That seems.. so horrible.
I play TOFN -- TRE -- Bastion -- Shadowlands
Griz/Gio/Tony/Krealic and other variations

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
09.03.2014 , 09:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
The problem I have is that pictures are crap, there needs to be something of substance available through achievements.
Maybe you should have made a thread about that instead of one whining about capitalism and how life is unfair.

Rizartha's Avatar


Rizartha
09.04.2014 , 02:56 AM | #23
You do realize that Strongholds is a MASSIVE free expansion and that decorations are cosmetic right? You don't really need them, you just want them for the looks, the perfect thing to sell so that bioware can make the money it needs to continue offering massive free expansions like strongholds with out have to charge use $20, $30. $40, or more for us to get it.

APCrol's Avatar


APCrol
09.04.2014 , 04:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rizartha View Post
You do realize that Strongholds is a MASSIVE free expansion and that decorations are cosmetic right? You don't really need them, you just want them for the looks, the perfect thing to sell so that bioware can make the money it needs to continue offering massive free expansions like strongholds with out have to charge use $20, $30. $40, or more for us to get it.
Do you realize that your subscription is not free?) So if they adding stuff for FTP players which is compensated by moving all good stuff in cartel market then where is new content for subscribers? For what are subsribers pay then, FTP stuff?

TheRampage's Avatar


TheRampage
09.04.2014 , 11:59 AM | #25
So far best decorations I got and need are crafted one. OK, other epic one I want are EC stuff and colicoid turret. Imho, CM has nothing special compared to rest of it.
Raph‚el - Not Good Enough

Rizartha's Avatar


Rizartha
09.04.2014 , 01:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by APCrol View Post
Do you realize that your subscription is not free?) So if they adding stuff for FTP players which is compensated by moving all good stuff in cartel market then where is new content for subscribers? For what are subsribers pay then, FTP stuff?
You do realize that subscriptions come with a monthly grant of cartel coins?

As for what subscribers are paying for:
500 cartel coins every month
Full access to the mail system [the ability to mail more than 1 item at a time and the ability to mail credits]
Unlimited Fleet travel ability use
Ability to use purple gear with out having to buy an upgrade [ all that lovely high end elder game stuff]
Ability to unify colors with out having to buy an upgrade
Access to 3/4 of the base emotes
Rise of the Hutt cartel for free [yes it is now free to subscribers only]
Access to loot box rewards from mission reweards
Unlimited access to unique loot drops on Flashpoints
Unlimited amount of credits [F2P and preferred only have access to 250k and 350k credits at a time unless they buy a one time unlock that gives them access to more]
Bonus XP
Bonus Valor
Bonus Reputation
Rested XP
Decreased Vender credit costs
Increased credits from selling to venders.

The list goes on, and on and on.

RiVaN_'s Avatar


RiVaN_
09.04.2014 , 05:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Maybe you should have made a thread about that instead of one whining about capitalism and how life is unfair.
I Commented and offered ideas for improvement. There was no whining involved.
I think your reading things into my comment or just enjoy insulting people. Either way comments such as this are unappreciated, rude and should be kept to yourself.


I have no problem with Decore on the cartel market, it is a great idea for helping the game have more revenue and thus keeping it a float a while longer. I have no issue with using Reputation currency, fleet comm's, etc to buy decor. That was yet another good idea, it give players something to work towards and achieve. I like the fact that craters can craft the items needed to obtain decor from the vendors, yet another good idea. The best idea that the dev's had was making Ops and Flash-points drop decoration items, especially iconic pieces that represent the Op or flash-point that you are running. All of these ideas are great.
My point is that an obvious method for obtaining decorations has been left out and I wanted to present some ideas in hopes of getting the creative engines of the development team rolling.

The title can be misleading, I understand that, but if you take the time to read the post with an open mind instead of judging the post before you read it then you would have understood the point of the thread before you attempted to derail it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rizartha View Post
You do realize that subscriptions come with a monthly grant of cartel coins?


The list goes on, and on and on.
This post isn't about the disparity between F2P and subscribers, please start your own thread to have that argument.

I didn't have any ideas that involved free decor for subscribers, I am asking the Dev's why they haven't linked more decor to achievements.
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
09.04.2014 , 07:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Looking through the list of decorations and I see that a large number of the desirable items come from Cartel Packs or from a direct purchase from the Cartel Market...

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but seeing as how this is a game that tracks Achievements and Reputation couldn't there be A LOT MORE decorations that are tied to achievements and maxing out reputation? Not looking for a something spectacular, but more than a picture/trophy.

There are some achievements in this game that are very time consuming, like master craftsman: those could have some type of decoration item associated, like a crafting table that takes up a medium floor hook . Reaching 450 in a craft (Artifice, Biochem, Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech) could come with a small floor hook item that represents that craft.

Completing a planet (having 100% completion in your achievements for that planet) could net you a nice little Small floor hook holo projection of the planet and completing all the planets could be a medium floor hook holo image of the galaxy map.

Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.

The list goes on and on, but the theme is the same. Couldn't Bioware tie in decorations for us to show off our achievements?
Blame it on the garbage F2P formula taking over most every MMO.

doctor_atomic's Avatar


doctor_atomic
09.04.2014 , 08:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Looking through the list of decorations and I see that a large number of the desirable items come from Cartel Packs or from a direct purchase from the Cartel Market...

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but seeing as how this is a game that tracks Achievements and Reputation couldn't there be A LOT MORE decorations that are tied to achievements and maxing out reputation? Not looking for a something spectacular, but more than a picture/trophy.

There are some achievements in this game that are very time consuming, like master craftsman: those could have some type of decoration item associated, like a crafting table that takes up a medium floor hook . Reaching 450 in a craft (Artifice, Biochem, Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech) could come with a small floor hook item that represents that craft.

Completing a planet (having 100% completion in your achievements for that planet) could net you a nice little Small floor hook holo projection of the planet and completing all the planets could be a medium floor hook holo image of the galaxy map.

Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.

The list goes on and on, but the theme is the same. Couldn't Bioware tie in decorations for us to show off our achievements?
This is the flip side of going with Ikea furniture hook system instead of a free placement system like in Wildstar, RIFT, and EQ2. This way you cannot make creative and interesting housing items out of other things, you have to buy them.
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

ThorgrimLutgen's Avatar


ThorgrimLutgen
09.05.2014 , 06:10 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
No, this is a thread about there not being decor items tied in to achievements and BW using strongholds as yet another Cash Grab for the cartel market.....................
Seriously, what did you really expect?

The CM will always have the best of things for people to buy, now and going forward.