Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is all the "Good Stuff" only attainable by spending real world Money?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Why is all the "Good Stuff" only attainable by spending real world Money?

RiVaN_
09.02.2014 , 01:15 PM | #1
Looking through the list of decorations and I see that a large number of the desirable items come from Cartel Packs or from a direct purchase from the Cartel Market...

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but seeing as how this is a game that tracks Achievements and Reputation couldn't there be A LOT MORE decorations that are tied to achievements and maxing out reputation? Not looking for a something spectacular, but more than a picture/trophy.

There are some achievements in this game that are very time consuming, like master craftsman: those could have some type of decoration item associated, like a crafting table that takes up a medium floor hook . Reaching 450 in a craft (Artifice, Biochem, Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech) could come with a small floor hook item that represents that craft.

Completing a planet (having 100% completion in your achievements for that planet) could net you a nice little Small floor hook holo projection of the planet and completing all the planets could be a medium floor hook holo image of the galaxy map.

Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.

The list goes on and on, but the theme is the same. Couldn't Bioware tie in decorations for us to show off our achievements?
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

Zoom_VI
09.02.2014 , 01:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.
You realize operations already drop particular decorations, such as the firebrand or stormcaller tanks from EC.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Surferket
09.02.2014 , 02:37 PM | #3
As a crafter I know the best decorations comes from Ops and such. Crafters get the **** stick as usual.

MaximilianPower
09.02.2014 , 04:00 PM | #4
I realize this isn't truly your point - but you don't have to spend real world money even for that stuff. The GTN is your friend.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

LegoUniverseBC
09.02.2014 , 04:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
As a crafter I know the best decorations comes from Ops and such. Crafters get the **** stick as usual.
How?! MK-3 prefabs are used to get EVERY reputation decorations pretty much and craft prefabs to get stuff from the crafting vendors.

Sindariel
09.02.2014 , 04:13 PM | #6
The biggest issue is, that a lot of "basic" stuff is locked behind the pay wall. Stuff like furniture, carpets, plants, etc. Stuff we need in masses and not only 1 or 2 pieces.
The cartel certificate vendor is especially annoying in this aspect. The best looking plants, red carpets (something almost every imperial wants) and all the NPCs are only available for certificates.
That's something that really pisses me off.

ScarletBlaze
09.02.2014 , 04:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
The biggest issue is, that a lot of "basic" stuff is locked behind the pay wall. Stuff like furniture, carpets, plants, etc. Stuff we need in masses and not only 1 or 2 pieces.
The cartel certificate vendor is especially annoying in this aspect. The best looking plants, red carpets (something almost every imperial wants) and all the NPCs are only available for certificates.
That's something that really pisses me off.
You do know those items are on the GTN as well if you have the credits for them.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Surferket
09.02.2014 , 04:59 PM | #8
The really awesome stuff are from Operations. Even Flashpoint stuff cannot compare. I'd like to craft those Op trophies but I can't.
You can buy these Op trophies from GTN but the price will start from at least 1 million!

http://tor-decorating.com/operations/

Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
How?! MK-3 prefabs are used to get EVERY reputation decorations pretty much and craft prefabs to get stuff from the crafting vendors.

Loc_n_lol
09.02.2014 , 05:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
What annoys me most is that there's a bunch of stuff that reallyshould have been on reputaiton vendors but instead found its way into cartel packs... It's like they're just getting started and they're already running out of ideas...

All of the starfighters belonged on the fleet comms vendor, but no.
Selkath stuff belonged on the manaan vendor / flashpoint drops but instead we get this and this and this and this. Meanwhile the vendor only gets one paltry overpriced shrub.
The Voss reputation vendors continues its tradition to offer only the crappiest stuff, with one mere sarcophagus, while other voss-related items are in cartel packs or, strangely, craftable without rep.
Oriconian stuff, that kind of belongs to Oricon, right ? Well, nope, cartel.
Czerka stuff on the cartel market ? But of course. It's not like we're hurting for a half-decent ceiling lamp or table. The cartel market already had plenty of those for direct purchase, so it gets even more into the gamble packs.

DawnAskham
09.02.2014 , 05:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
You do know those items are on the GTN as well if you have the credits for them.
Some, but I've looked for the topiary items for the past week and haven't found a single one for sale.

Same with the hutch / cabinet that looks like the storage closet from the jedi ships.

I did find one red carpet priced in the million plus range.

I've found most of the NPCs, including pages of the dancers selling for sub 200K, quite a few jawa, and plenty of the other NPCs.

Anyways, I have no problems with items being in the CM and like armor, some of them being tied to assets from the older games and some being recolors of existing stuff in game.

But I have to agree with the feeling we are getting shafted when a bunch of basic trees, plants and rugs all require a cartel market cert, an item which is by itself not able to be sold on the GTN, and thus we have to pray someone with extra certs goes to the vendor, picks up the items we might want, and places them on the GTN.