Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Resource Exhaustion is bad system

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Resource Exhaustion is bad system

APCrol's Avatar


APCrol
09.02.2014 , 06:41 AM | #1
What is a point of this thing? Its only second conquest week but ive already got 10+ different utility-crafting decorations but most of time i can click only one of them and only once in 4 hours and get 2-3 resources so most of time its just once a normal day.

Isnt its stupid? For crafting i need much more and i can get x20 more resources in 15 minutes planet farming.

(also in a same time i can create 22 characters and log in them all to get resources cause Resource Exhaustion binds to character)

Screaming_Ziva's Avatar


Screaming_Ziva
09.02.2014 , 07:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by APCrol View Post
What is a point of this thing? Its only second conquest week but ive already got 10+ different utility-crafting decorations but most of time i can click only one of them and only once in 4 hours and get 2-3 resources so most of time its just once a normal day.

Isnt its stupid? For crafting i need much more and i can get x20 more resources in 15 minutes planet farming.

(also in a same time i can create 22 characters and log in them all to get resources cause Resource Exhaustion binds to character)
I agree but I can understand where they are coming from. They don't want you to put down 50 slicing lockboxes in a row and just click through them whenever you want. At this point, the gathering nodes in strongholds are merely decorations.

undiess's Avatar


undiess
09.02.2014 , 07:30 AM | #3
I agree with OP. The exhaustion should be specific to resource type.

APCrol's Avatar


APCrol
09.03.2014 , 01:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I agree but I can understand where they are coming from. They don't want you to put down 50 slicing lockboxes in a row and just click through them whenever you want. At this point, the gathering nodes in strongholds are merely decorations.
Yeah but it must be close to gathering on planets with like 3-5 min CD.
Maybe Bioware did mustake and its not 4 hours but 4 minutes?

ghoul_drool's Avatar


ghoul_drool
09.03.2014 , 03:37 AM | #5
The decorations are worth it, because even with the four hour debuff you get free materials and credit boxes just for logging in and checking the GTN with your alts. Having said that, I do find the debuff chance slightly too high and the debuff duration slightly too long.

And to make matters worse, the nodes themselves have internal cooldowns, too - so if you scan your encrypted terminal on one character, log out and load another that was parked at the same spot, you can't scan - yet. It takes a few minutes for this internal cooldown to wear off.

LeJarC's Avatar


LeJarC
09.03.2014 , 05:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I agree but I can understand where they are coming from. They don't want you to put down 50 slicing lockboxes in a row and just click through them whenever you want. At this point, the gathering nodes in strongholds are merely decorations.
This may very well be part of the reason, And I don't think it's too long, I had the luck to get a Perfect Upari decoration node and with about 8 alts managed to get over 100 regular and just over 20 Perfect Upari in a single day. This is about the same amount I'd get from a typical farming run on Belsavis,

Imagine if the cooldown was any shorter and you could click one of each of the different types of node, the market would get flooded.
Sorry. No referral link here. Trust me! You don't want to....
lurker mode engaged until sub runs out.

APCrol's Avatar


APCrol
09.04.2014 , 04:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ghoul_drool View Post
The decorations are worth it, because even with the four hour debuff you get free materials and credit boxes just for logging in and checking the GTN .
What differens in that "Free materials" compare to planetary ones? I can log off alts there and log in every 5 min to get materials faster and much more of them. If im really need GTM from alt on planet i can jump to stronghold and then jump back in exact same point.

Ive got 15 crafting decorations and i can click only one of them for poor 3-6 resources once in 4 hours.

Quote: Originally Posted by LeJarC View Post
This may very well be part of the reason, And I don't think it's too long, I had the luck to get a Perfect Upari decoration node and with about 8 alts managed to get over 100 regular and just over 20 Perfect Upari in a single day. This is about the same amount I'd get from a typical farming run on Belsavis,

Imagine if the cooldown was any shorter and you could click one of each of the different types of node, the market would get flooded.
Imagine fariming grade 2 rsources with that. And you mentioned alts.. so bioware wants us to create 22 alts and log in - log out them each 4 hours?

Kulyok's Avatar


Kulyok
09.04.2014 , 04:54 AM | #8
I wish we had "empty" crafting decorations - I bought about twelve crystal decorations just for the looks(I don't need crystals, but my crystal cave with a fountain is amazing), but it's quite pricey.

As for the decorations, I have nine decorations of one material I need, three in each strongholds. Enough for all of my alts.

Btw, are there any grade 9 crafting decorations? Haven't seen any yet, or I'd use those.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Nmyownworld's Avatar


Nmyownworld
09.04.2014 , 05:13 AM | #9
They are decorations I can harvest mats from, as opposed to all the decorations I can't harvest mats from. I like the look of some of the crystal formations, and use them for their aesthetic appeal. Getting mats from them is a bonus.

The four hour lockout per character for gathering mats from the decorations is all about preventing players from using the decorations as a significant source of mats. The crafting decoration mats are a small bonus. Anyone crafting will still need to run crew skill missions, and gather mats from planets.

Draqsko's Avatar


Draqsko
09.04.2014 , 06:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
I wish we had "empty" crafting decorations - I bought about twelve crystal decorations just for the looks(I don't need crystals, but my crystal cave with a fountain is amazing), but it's quite pricey.

As for the decorations, I have nine decorations of one material I need, three in each strongholds. Enough for all of my alts.

Btw, are there any grade 9 crafting decorations? Haven't seen any yet, or I'd use those.
I personally have gotten a carbonic crystal mine cart (archeology grade 9 power crystal), and a friend has one for the mythra (grade 9 scavenging metal). The slicing nodes encrypted terminal (grade 9 btw) and the security mainframe are much better for decorations than the other slicing nodes of a lockbox on a pedestal. The former is a large pillar with a control panel, and the latter resembles a large fireproof safe.
http://tor-decorating.com/encrypted-terminal/
http://tor-decorating.com/security-mainframe/
I wish the other gathering nodes were as unique as those two.