Is Healing Overpowered?

Kindread

I am not one to get all excited about game content, it is just a game after all, but is it me, or is the healing in PvP a bit overpowered? I re-specked healer to try it out with my Operative, and it was interesting so see many players would just ignore me when they saw me healing myself, as if they knew attacking me was a waste of time. I have done the same thing, there is no point trying to take out a healer, (solo at least) so I just give up and go look for someone I can take on.

My friend and I finished the Meckeb story and the woman was dying, and we were laughing about how can anyone in the SW universe ever die with healing that powerful? :)

In any case, for whatever it's worth, IMHO healing seems way overpowered.

^

If you think healing is OP you probably aren't very good at dps or coordination.

hi mc'd i love you.

also in my opinion, the dps needs toned down, not healing. 2 combat sentinels can 3 global someone in group ranked on live right now, just wait until the rng is gone. if you think healing is op, then you're just an awful player.

Numbers don't lie. I have not seen a DPS over 1 mill for ages healers still do it. Coordinate this.

Like i said, dps is bad.

Look, i'm rusty as **** at this game, I was never more than mid range, and when I can log in, using classes I've barely played in last seasons gear and triple the next highest dps while doing more total damage than the rest of my entire team?

DPS players need to up their game, if they aren't performing anywhere near peak numbers in their class, balancing heals around their ***** performance not only unjustly fluffs their egos and makes them think they're better than they are, the instant somone who knows what they're about with a class enters a WZ every healer in the wz becomes utterly useless. A wasted slot.

No it's not, most people are just bad. If you're doing less than 1k damage per second on average then you need to find out what you're doing wrong and fix it. Also, focus healers or learn to cc them. Healing only really becomes a problem when there are 3 or more decent healers all cross-healing each other, even then given the amount of madness sorc/sins and vengeance juggs you should be able to kill them if everyone is pulling their weight.

it was interesting so see many players would just ignore me when they saw me healing myself, as if they knew attacking me was a waste of time. I have done the same thing, there is no point trying to take out a healer, (solo at least) so I just give up and go look for someone I can take on.

Really? It was very funny a couple of nights ago chew down a healer with my Sentinel, watching him frantically going from hitting me to trying to stay alive - to dying. Mind you, I get this treatment often enough - I think the player's skill at his class accounts for more in the end than a particular class' abilities. I've only been playing for a couple of months, went from feeling like a fly hitting a windshield to half-decent player. Know your oponnents' classes, but more importantly your own abilities, your CDs, how to best burst out that DPS when you need it.

Since apparently one word answers aren't enough...

When healing outstrips dps, fights are prolonged. Good/moderate HPS results in large numbers.

When dps get their **** together, fights are shorter. People DIE. Shorter fights lower the HEALING numbers, not necessarily displaying huge damage figures. That's why you don't see 2+ people with 1.5million damage done when the dps don't suck but frequently see even bad healers with 1million+ when the dps are mouth-breathers.

Go into arenas, watch the average healing done by the healer who won the round and the one that didn't.

9/10 the one that lost did less healing. Watch the same healers with different dps and look at the numbers again.

You'll notice the team with the better dps consistently doing more healing in stand up fights.

Edited by CaptainApop

Healing is ok, some minor buffs or debuffs on certain classes wouldnt really affect pvp meta.

Tanking on the other hand needs to be made more active. Tank gameplay is is too easy and passive, mostly im just talking about gaurd. Switching who you place it on shouldnt be the only mechanic behind it.

Without a tank healers are squish. With a tank healers can take a lot of damage.

I also believe something is wrong with gaurd as it is right now. There have been numerous times where I as a healer have taken the focus of several players, and will take next to zero damage. meanwhile my tank goes down half health, like hes getting hit by a truck, even though hes not taking any hits on his own toon.

Healing is ok, some minor buffs or debuffs on certain classes wouldnt really affect pvp meta.

Tanking on the other hand needs to be made more active. Tank gameplay is is too easy and passive, mostly im just talking about gaurd. Switching who you place it on shouldnt be the only mechanic behind it.

Without a tank healers are squish. With a tank healers can take a lot of damage.

I also believe something is wrong with gaurd as it is right now. There have been numerous times where I as a healer have taken the focus of several players, and will take next to zero damage. meanwhile my tank goes down half health, like hes getting hit by a truck, even though hes not taking any hits on his own toon.

He was dotted up while also dealing with the damage you were taking.

Numbers don't lie. I have not seen a DPS over 1 mill for ages healers still do it. Coordinate this.

Yes they do lie. High healing means dps may not killing in that scenerios fast enough.

If DPS get better at their job then numbers may actually go down. If you kill faster. Less healing can be done so you actually end up doing less DPS. So the scoreboard numbers do not mean a lot. You would really need to analyze the actual fights to understand the balance between healing and DPS. Not look at the scoreboard.

I can tab dot on my dps to get big numbers. It is a bad habbit. But tab dot healing is pretty much required on some classes. So they get huge numbers.

Where to begin.

First, if you're taking damage you need to move and stop face tanking dps. I dont know whichs class you're playing as but all will go down focused by 3-4 people but I'm not worried if its just two. Healers have plenty of Collins and escapes to frustrate dps. Force speeding away while a dps is trying to kill you is nice. Cloaking amd evading, and whatever mercs do. Most dps in this game is dumb, pillar hump and los them and they'll switch targets. Or you can stayIin clear sight of everyone and pop those cds then wonder why you're so squishy.

Healers rely too much on guard. I rarely ever get guarded yet still do great as healing, with a guard yeah it improves but you need to learn to heal without a tank and while being the only heals. It's a lot of fun, makes you really pay attention to your dcds.

Edited by Jake_Chambers