Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic conquest Every week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic conquest Every week?

t-darko
08.31.2014 , 05:30 PM | #1
So . . . I'm sure there's a thought behind this?

Sure more often then the regular Game events, fine by me, but Every Week?

Sure give any given Guild with the resources the chance to conquer a planet !! But Every Week??

Sure, peak the server populations!! But Every Week???

So ... Is this gonna be fun ... Every Week????

LordRichardEW
08.31.2014 , 05:37 PM | #2
Considering this is not an event then yes its going to be every week. Also its not always the same planets every week. One week its these sets of planets., other weeks its those sets of planets, one week it make be just one planet while anther its every freaking planet.

Santay
08.31.2014 , 06:13 PM | #3
Yep you all that spent the 50mil, enjoy that...lololololol
Chilastra's Exiles Chilastra's Imperials
The Shadowlands Server

Floredon
08.31.2014 , 06:18 PM | #4
you don't have to do it every week. play the game how you want to play it.

Aletheos
08.31.2014 , 07:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Santay View Post
You know Envy is one of the Seven, right?

Sarfux
08.31.2014 , 08:23 PM | #6
In galactic conquest, you battle your enemy one planet at a time for total...control..of the galaxy!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Muljo_Stpho
08.31.2014 , 10:29 PM | #7
http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-pl...nquests-guide/

(Rough and potentially inaccurate or subject to change) details summarized by Dulfy at that link to give us a rough idea about what to expect from most of the conquests. There's also an unofficial schedule of when we will see each of the conquests over the next couple months. (Of course nothing will be official until each week actually starts and we see what actually ends up going live.)

One thing that stuck out at me when looking this over, the Death Mark conquest seems like it will most likely overlap with each month's Bounty Week, although the conquest objectives don't actually mention bounties.

It also seems to me like they're kind of alternating a bit between conquests that reward some mid-level (20s-30s) activity a bit more and conquests that reward some upper-level (40s-50s) activity a bit more. This could give you some time off from conquests here and there if you choose to just ignore the versions that favor something that you don't want to do or if you just don't yet have characters at a high enough level to participate.

They'll also have weeks (like next week) that get much more in-depth with the crafting objectives than what we've seen so far.

And then there's the Total Galactic War conquest, which will cover almost every planet at the same time (14 planets counting both versions of Balmorra and both versions of Taris, which gives guilds a lot more leaderboard spots to shoot for than the smaller conquest weeks).

(Time to cue the teasing remarks that the scheduled event for end of October / beginning of November must be in error, because surely that has been eradicated and can never return...)

(edited first paragraph to stress that the info technically isn't official and should be taken with a grain of salt, but where else is any information like this going to come from when they apparently can't be bothered to lay this all out for us themselves in some sort of official statement?)

Falensawino
08.31.2014 , 10:45 PM | #8
Player psychology note. Since strongholds were introduced I passively-gave up on the game. Subscription is still running, I'm just not logging in to play, don't feel like stressing out about conquest and not having the full 100% conquest bonus for 4 strongholds completed. I'm not even logging in to start crew skill tasks. Haven't hopped on a guild teamspeak or vent either. Stronghold fallout.
The most wretched hive of troll and kiddies
Refer a Friend Link

t-darko
09.01.2014 , 04:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Muljo_Stpho View Post
http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-pl...nquests-guide/

Details at that link about each of the conquests and a tentative schedule of when we will see each of them over the next couple months. . .
Not having the time to roam the net for unanswered questions - I do very much appreciate that you provide me with this link.

What we really need now is an over all backdrop storywise for the escalation of galactic conflict, yes I know the class storys gives us that information, but however, as Forge Alliance part 2 is ongoing, and the galactic conflict turns more or less into open war, a non to spoilery summation as a back drop would be in place I think.

And by the way, were there any guilds in control after the first conquest? I visited Alderaan after the first one in the 24 h paus but it still said 'no guilds controls this sector' !?

ValeGreiger
09.01.2014 , 04:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Santay View Post
50mil for a lag free miniature fleet is a small price to pay.

By that same note, that is the only aspect of Galactic Stronghold I am content with.