Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Social points- hard to come by?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Social points- hard to come by?

Tholena
12.23.2011 , 04:32 PM | #1
Okay,

So I got most of my social points by leveling from 1 to 25 with a friend. We were very careful to keep our quests in sync so we could just do the planets together. And that was fine once.

But how do you get social points in general? The Esseles was worth quite a few, but the next few flashpoints weren't worth many at all (Maybe 1 or 2 conversations, with one dialog roll.) That's 8 points (max) for what could be an hour of gametime from group formation to completion. (And you miss out on points if some people don't have the flashpoint quest)

I've tried finding leveling groups with alts, and it has worked at times, but so often quests aren't in sync so we miss out on points because someone already completed a quest or doesn't have a preprequisite in the series.

So, say I want a high social rank, what's the best way? Any advice? Or do future flashpoints maybe have more conversation options than these?

Thanks!
Tholena

Durzaka
12.23.2011 , 04:33 PM | #2
I believe (not entirely sure) that if you solo Esseles you still get social points for the rolls.

Dont hold that against me though.
Durzaka Retribution

Terro_Fett
12.23.2011 , 04:34 PM | #3
What you did 1-25 is exactly the point of the social points system. A friend and I have leveled together to 31 now, we're close to hitting social 4.

Essels/Black Talon is a good way to boost it, or to get it to rank 1 or 2 if your a solo quester. But solo questers will have a ridiculously hard time getting to the upper tiers of Social levels.

This is how its meant to be.

TiiRahnedancer
12.23.2011 , 04:37 PM | #4
I didn't know you could earn any sp solo. That's good to know.

Tholena
12.23.2011 , 04:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Terro_Fett View Post
What you did 1-25 is exactly the point of the social points system. A friend and I have leveled together to 31 now, we're close to hitting social 4.

Essels/Black Talon is a good way to boost it, or to get it to rank 1 or 2 if your a solo quester. But solo questers will have a ridiculously hard time getting to the upper tiers of Social levels.

This is how its meant to be.
Oh, I agree, that's what is intended. But that takes a LOT of organization and work to keep the quests in sync. It means I can't play my main sometimes because my friend has to work, and vice versa.

I'd like my alts to also get social points, but that kind of organization with strangers is very hard. And one quest out of sync and you're kinda sunk.
Tholena

Tholena
12.23.2011 , 04:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TiiRahnedancer View Post
I didn't know you could earn any sp solo. That's good to know.
You can't, I'm pretty sure you get no points when solo. I've never tried a flashpoint solo, but I would assume you can't there either.
Tholena

Tholena
12.23.2011 , 07:05 PM | #7
Ok, just for completeness sake, I checked the first three flashpoints (for republic):

Number of conversation "rolls" per flashpoint:

Esseles: 44 (approx, depending on branching)
Hammer Station: 2
Athiss: 2

(Maybe add 2 or 3 for Hammer Station and Athiss for people who are on the quest for the first time.)

See what I mean? Being social for some levels really doesn't get you many social points. About how many rolls in the others?

Thanks!

Vogdanos
12.29.2011 , 02:24 AM | #8
Can you re-run the esseles quest? If so it seems like this would be the best way to "grind" some social points.
Dark Reaper Vog'danos / Human / Jedi Shadow Remy / Human / Gunslinger Plisken / Cyber / Commando Thymos / Human / Guardian

Satpolpp
12.29.2011 , 02:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vogdanos View Post
Can you re-run the esseles quest? If so it seems like this would be the best way to "grind" some social points.
Its supposedly only be able to be run once a day isnt it? But somehow I can run it an unlimited number of times until I get so sick of it

Lxlayer
01.15.2012 , 03:25 AM | #10
/bump

Looks like grouping and doing quests is the best way to level.

What about the people at max level? Is there a quick way to grind this?