Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Datacron decorations loot drop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Datacron decorations loot drop

AcesClub
08.30.2014 , 02:58 AM | #1
Hi!
To get a datacron decoration loot, do you have to accept and play a heroic mission or just go to a heroic area and kill a lot of elite/champion and loot chests without accepting a heroic mission?

Mozepy
08.30.2014 , 03:14 AM | #2
I think there is a chance for it drop from any mob on the particular planet, just more chance from stronger mobs such as those usually related to heroics. I have had them drop from mobs not related to heroics at all.

I believe you can just go to a heroic area and farm the mobs but the reason to take the mission is because many of them reward a box that has a chance to have the datacron decoration.

KeithCopeland
08.30.2014 , 06:03 AM | #3
I've been finding them dropping from all sorts of mobs: normal, strong, etc. If I had to guess, I would say that any mob that can drop an ordinary piece of loot, like a gun, weapon, whatever, would have a chance of dropping a datacron instead. Therefore, since tougher enemies have a better chance of dropping loot, those are the ones I'd go after. Just doing my planet and class missions, I find I usually end up with two or three when I'm done.

MaximilianPower
08.30.2014 , 07:58 AM | #4
Yep, doesn't have to be a heroic (though that probably ups your chances). Got one yesterday on Corellia on a class story mission, just off a normal mob.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Groncho
08.30.2014 , 08:09 AM | #5
guys sorry my noobness is there a way to track the collection of these items?
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

MaximilianPower
08.30.2014 , 08:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
guys sorry my noobness is there a way to track the collection of these items?
Not really a good way...but if you go into decorations, category technological, subcategory...dang, somebody help me out, I'm not in front of the game and I can't remember which subcategory the datacrons are in. Whatever it is, select "unlocked" to see which ones you've picked up. If you change "unlocked" to "all" you can see which ones you're missing (and if you select one of those, it will tell you where it can be found).

If there's a better way to track this stuff, I'm not aware of it. Is there an achievement for collecting them all? If so, there might be a way to track your collection via the achievements UI.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

KeithCopeland
08.30.2014 , 11:44 AM | #7
...or you can go old school and keep track on a notepad. That's how we did it, back in the day...

aate
09.10.2014 , 11:13 AM | #8
I got a bunch in the red light district from ordinary mobs.

DmdShiva
09.13.2014 , 01:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithCopeland View Post
I've been finding them dropping from all sorts of mobs: normal, strong, etc. If I had to guess, I would say that any mob that can drop an ordinary piece of loot, like a gun, weapon, whatever, would have a chance of dropping a datacron instead.
The datacron decorations are blue-quality items, so you could theoretically get them from any mob that drops a blue item. That said, it appears that the Champion-grade mobs inside instanced flashpoints, and particularly any Champion-grade mob that you 'unlock' by completing a bonus requirement (i.e. the double power-reroute in Esseles) has a higher chance to drop them than a Champion-grade mob that you can find outside of an instance, even a heroic area -- if you can get into the area with the Champion without having to have the heroic mission, the mob appears to run off the open-world drop tables, not the instanced bonus-champion drop tables.

Also, it looks as if you can't get a decoration drop from any mob that drops a mission-requirement item (a gold drop); if they drop a gold item, that's all they drop.

Julianah
09.14.2014 , 04:59 AM | #10
I actually got one from the heroic reward when I chose the lockbox ( in addition to the ones dropping off of mobs, inside and out of the heroic areas).