Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
08.31.2014 , 10:48 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Oyranos View Post
then a garden is necessary, i cannot add these ugly things inside my house!
Tatoooine!

MaximilianPower's Avatar


MaximilianPower
08.31.2014 , 11:12 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
and of course you not only get 500 for a GSF but a further thousand for every 10 wins too.
Don't forget the 50 medal goal as well. 1000 more points for that. Depends how competent you are at GSF, but 50 medals is reasonably doable in 5 matches, and that goal is repeatable, meaning your quest to 10 wins should yield another couple thousand points from the medal objective too.

Obviously, the total will be dependent on the quality of your teams and the opposition; might take you 10 or 30 games to reach 10 wins, which can vastly impact your total number of medals.
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn TøbiasFünke Jedi Covenant
The Nevernude Legacy: firing railguns up enemy tailpipes since 2013

nkarabats's Avatar


nkarabats
08.31.2014 , 11:16 AM | #73
The real test will be next week. We will see if those exploit guilds will still remain at the top or if this really did in fact affect the conquest.
Medically Retired Sith Warrior

Grayseven's Avatar


Grayseven
08.31.2014 , 11:21 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post

Congrats if you have 9 55 alts you can speedrun Heroics with and can get your 35k on each easy peesy.


How many of those Conquest points went to your guild? You know, guild conquests?

Because unless your guild is comprised of you and your 9 alts then you're just farming rewards, will never hit top 10 anyway (if you have a guild ship for invasion bonus at all) and Guild Conquests isn't aimed at you either way. But good for you if you can take advantage.

35k x 9 is 315 000 points total. That usually ends up being what a guild surpasses in the first few days of a new Conquest. So I mean good for you, but Heroic grinding gives chump change in the long run compared to other stuff. And I'd go out on a limb and say most people don't have that many geared 55 alts, especially not all in the same guild...
All of them, since everything I do goes to the guild total regardless of what my personal total is. I don't run multiple FPs in a day unless they give guild points. I wait til the next day to do it. I only need one day of daily FPs and two days of Balmorra Heroics to reach 35k.

And since we are a large guild on both factions, both Guilds placed Top 10 last week and will do so again this week because we also do what is intended...i.e. stuff as a guild that earns us points.

My points don't exist in a vacuum, they are added to everyone else in our medium-large guild and we didn't even have to exploit to make top ten on either side. Considering that the top guild is just over 6 million with 19 hours left, 300k is 5% of that meaning only 19 other guild members would have to accomplish the same amount through Heroics and a few FP's.

So, you know, your argument fails. Try again.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

MWidowmaker's Avatar


MWidowmaker
08.31.2014 , 02:15 PM | #75
all the people whining were most likely the ones exploiting the old system. well played bioware, well played

Transairion's Avatar


Transairion
08.31.2014 , 11:19 PM | #76
Quote:
All of them, since everything I do goes to the guild total regardless of what my personal total is. I don't run multiple FPs in a day unless they give guild points. I wait til the next day to do it. I only need one day of daily FPs and two days of Balmorra Heroics to reach 35k.

And since we are a large guild on both factions, both Guilds placed Top 10 last week and will do so again this week because we also do what is intended...i.e. stuff as a guild that earns us points.

My points don't exist in a vacuum, they are added to everyone else in our medium-large guild and we didn't even have to exploit to make top ten on either side. Considering that the top guild is just over 6 million with 19 hours left, 300k is 5% of that meaning only 19 other guild members would have to accomplish the same amount through Heroics and a few FP's.

So, you know, your argument fails. Try again.

TLDR: You have 9 alts in the same guild

Most people don't.


I am curious how small your server is though if you're placing top 10 with just that.



You still have nothing to suggest limited PvE is good but unlimited PvP/GSF is "fine" though, apart from "hittting my personal total is easy". No **** Sherlock, hitting personal total is easy while unguilded and with no ship even, 35,000k isn't a lot.



The fact of the matter is, to hit number 1 and conquer a planet your guild has to grind the most. Who can grind the most?

PvP - unlimited per day

GSF - unlimited per day

PvE -limited per day


A guild that only PvE's will NOT hit the top of the leaderboard unless they're the only guild on their server doing Conquests at all. That's just fact. Last week PvE guilds could compete even on contested planets because they could repeat what content there was.


I will point out again that I am fine that fixing the exploit (completing 3/4 of a FP, inviting 3 other people in to finish) needed to be fixed. Exploiting is exploiting. However, making it a Weekly was not the correct solution.

- Requires every boss to be killed

Bam, the exploit was fixed in one go and we KNOW it's doable but every FP has a big fat achievement for those exact criteria. If people wanted to grind those PvE points, they would be able to. Even just lowering the reward for the FP from 1000 base to 500 base (like GSF/PvP) would've been better, not a freaking Weekly of 1000.

You know how long it takes to make 1000 points? 2 PvP's or GSF, and that's with no bonuses. That's like 20-30 mins of time and as long as it would've taken to do the FP solo (even Essessles takes forever, you seen those conversations, my spacebar almost broke?!).



The difference between grinding FP's and grinding PvP/GSF is also kind of obvious when it comes to value:

FP: You get Conquest Points and old irrevelant gear (that's on HM, on SM it's basically all gutter loot) (Plantery Comms at best, Classic comms at worst)

PvP: You get Conquest Points and relevant PvP comms (even if you don't PvP, you can buy PvP Lockboxes and sell the contents [as far as I know] or convert them to other comms)

GSF: You get Conquest Points and Starfighter currency to upgrade your ship/buy new ships, and now the Daily/Weekly even give Fleet comms which can buy Crafting Material Lockboxes

Heroics: Conquest Points and Plantery Comms. That's it. Maybe a datacron decoration but you're likely to get that real fast either way.


PvP GSF grinding at the very least, even if you hate it with a passion, something currently releveant to a lvl 55 player. Even in maxed out gear (PvE or PvP).

PvE grinding already gave junk and most of said junk was Bound so it was vendor or bust. The ONLY reason to do it was for the Conquest points, as that was really all of value you got out of it.



Conquests IMO should've remained 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 of each playstyle where each was viable (though some weeks are lopsided sure, last week it was PvP this week it's GSF/FP's. Well, was FP's).

Now PvE is basically in the gutter.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
09.01.2014 , 12:03 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Now PvE is basically in the gutter.
Yep. I'm sure that no PvE guild will ever win a #1 spot in conquests ever. Ever ever ever ever ever.

From here until the end of time.

It's all completely hopeless.

Totally impossible.

Not worth trying.

Just give up.

It's over.

Gutter.

Over.

KingFink's Avatar


KingFink
09.01.2014 , 12:38 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Yep. I'm sure that no PvE guild will ever win a #1 spot in conquests ever. Ever ever ever ever ever.

From here until the end of time.

It's all completely hopeless.

Totally impossible.

Not worth trying.

Just give up.

It's over.

Gutter.

Over.
Yeah because being snarky makes it ok for them to force PVE focused guilds to run GSF till their eyes bleed.

It's simple what they need to do: PVP, GSF and Destroy 250 mobs and crafting. All repeatable. All worth the same base points.

Everything else one and done per character.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Disclaimer: The first rule of partial class balance discussion is that you do not discuss partial class balance.

Falensawino's Avatar


Falensawino
09.01.2014 , 12:41 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Just logged in expecting a little note about "once per day" around the flashpoints.
Oh no, now it's got the one-off symbol. So you can now only do a certain FP once per week.
At least my guild didn't invade those planets, thank goodness for that.
Edit: Just checked, there's now only TWO to FOUR repeatable PvE objectives total. All the others are now one-off!
What a bummer. I took a break since 2.9 hit, now that we know flashpoints were the most efficient way to receive conquest bonus, it's been nerfed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Because spamming level 10 flashpoints is a good thing

If you fully read some of these threads, and looked at some of the math done, you would realize that for the average amount of daily game time, (~4 hours) the point gain from PvP and PvE are equal. Of course this isn't counting the planetary bonuses, but I assume no PvE guild is going invade the PvP planets.
Most flashpoints take 40 minutes to complete. That's equivalent to about 3 warzones
The most wretched hive of troll and kiddies
Refer a Friend Link