Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

Zoom_VI
08.29.2014 , 09:58 AM | #21
Seriously? People must be really bad at math if they think PvP is somehow giving more points post change.

If you didn't invade the one PvP planet a warzone is 500 points for 15-20 minutes time investment depending on the queue time.

GSF of course has more objectives tied to it, but it also has longer queue times and often longer matches.

But Crinn! PvP objectives are repeatable!
Well yes that's true, but you have to factor in the amount of game time available to a player in a day. Even though most of PvE objectives are once a day or single time, the average player doesn't have enough gametime is exhaust every single PvE objective. Thus a PvP'er with the same average daily gametime has roughly the same point earning potential. The only way this would be false is if people have around 6 hours or more of daily game time, something that most people don't.

Oh and crafting is still repeatable.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors
- Scott Westerfeld, The Killing of Worlds

BrianDavion
08.29.2014 , 10:33 AM | #22
the amount of one shot PVE objecvtives is a bit nuts. right now there's no way for a player to hit the weekly cap on a single char without enaging in PVP, without factoring in planetary invasion bonuses. sure maybe thats intended but boy it sucks for people in small shipless guilds who just wanna hit their personal objectives, BW if you're going to do this you need to give more PVE objectives. stop catering to the PVPers, they make a TINY portion of your player base

BrianDavion
08.29.2014 , 10:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post

Oh and crafting is still repeatable.

only the war supplies is, not the invasion force. and crafting is a net drain on resoruces, which does limit the viability of relying on it.

ghoul_drool
08.29.2014 , 10:39 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
only the war supplies is, not the invasion force. and crafting is a net drain on resoruces, which does limit the viability of relying on it.
If I could actually DO something with those war supplies it wouldn't be so bad to craft them. Right now, all they are good for is making invasion force, which then subsequently goes into a Dark Project MK-1, which in itself is only moderately useful... unless you have a guild ship, that is.

Dear devs, please fin a way where we can use the crafted war supplies as some sort of currency because right now, they're simply sitting in my cargo hold until you do.

dscount
08.29.2014 , 11:01 AM | #25
Yea.. PVP and GSF prepare for a swarm of AFKr's.. LOL

This conquest content just took a turn for the crapper... oh well. Time to play less again as BW attempts to fix yet another knee jerk reaction.

Remind me.. WHY did they need extra months to deploy this? Oh yea QA! Oh wait... they did QA? Really? LOL
Pointing out broken 16m SM Loot since 12/04 [Link1] & 12/11 [Link2] & 12/16 [Link3]
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Zoom_VI
08.29.2014 , 11:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Yea.. PVP and GSF prepare for a swarm of AFKr's.. LOL

This conquest content just took a turn for the crapper... oh well. Time to play something else while BW fixed another knee jerk reaction.
Because spamming level 10 flashpoints is a good thing

If you fully read some of these threads, and looked at some of the math done, you would realize that for the average amount of daily game time, (~4 hours) the point gain from PvP and PvE are equal. Of course this isn't counting the planetary bonuses, but I assume no PvE guild is going invade the PvP planets.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors

Jeweledleah
08.29.2014 , 11:24 AM | #27
well... while I did prepare for it, so its neither surprise nor will it affect my plans much..

to the question of how many pve objectives can one person finish in a day.

there are 4 flashpoints you can do, yes (I'm not counting opposite faction flashpoint as i kinda cannot do that on a character earning points for specific guild)? and 3 of them award extra points for killing bonus boss, but since its a boss inside a flashpoint I'm already doing and would have done that boss anyways for decor - that doesn't count as extra time. all of these objectives with a guild group can be done in two hours tops and that's with leisurely pace. so here I am with one character mostly at 35k. with several days of conquest to go. daily flashpoint will only get me so far.

bear in mind. objective here is not merely to get personal 35k. objective here is to WIN the conquest or at least place in top ten.

now, I do actualy pvp for fun here and there. last week's conquest, pvping as a guild is what got us into top 10 on the boards despite being on a smaller side as far as guild membership goes. this week though... I guess its up to those few GSF players that we have to keep us there :/

while I understand that this is a reaction to cheesing content for super fast point gain (something we weren't doing because bonus bosses in addition to having their own award points, have higher chance of dropping decorations). it still seems not fully thought out as far as balance of content is concerned. IMO

Zoom_VI
08.29.2014 , 12:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
well... while I did prepare for it, so its neither surprise nor will it affect my plans much..

to the question of how many pve objectives can one person finish in a day.

there are 4 flashpoints you can do, yes (I'm not counting opposite faction flashpoint as i kinda cannot do that on a character earning points for specific guild)? and 3 of them award extra points for killing bonus boss, but since its a boss inside a flashpoint I'm already doing and would have done that boss anyways for decor - that doesn't count as extra time. all of these objectives with a guild group can be done in two hours tops and that's with leisurely pace. so here I am with one character mostly at 35k. with several days of conquest to go. daily flashpoint will only get me so far.

bear in mind. objective here is not merely to get personal 35k. objective here is to WIN the conquest or at least place in top ten.

now, I do actualy pvp for fun here and there. last week's conquest, pvping as a guild is what got us into top 10 on the boards despite being on a smaller side as far as guild membership goes. this week though... I guess its up to those few GSF players that we have to keep us there :/

while I understand that this is a reaction to cheesing content for super fast point gain (something we weren't doing because bonus bosses in addition to having their own award points, have higher chance of dropping decorations). it still seems not fully thought out as far as balance of content is concerned. IMO
You forget the group finder operation, which changes every couple of days and is worth a ton of point particularly if the whole guild runs it.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Jeweledleah
08.29.2014 , 01:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
You forget the group finder operation, which changes every couple of days and is worth a ton of point particularly if the whole guild runs it.
no, I did not. you can ONLY run one every 3 days, it requires 8 people to do in correct combination of roles. and it takes longer than a flashpoint by far when its SnV or TfB. especially SnV. reward with bonus? 2000 per person. only Hoth has bonus right now.

I wouldn't call that a ton of points, its not exactly a sustained daily gain.

to each their own naturally. we adjust. we adopt. I'm not going to cry about it. but I will state that I think it unbalanced.

Khevar
08.29.2014 , 01:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Nitpick: The first Invasion Force force per week is 2000 points, but it is then infinitely repeatable at 500 points each.

But the rest of your point stands, it's not feasible to rely on crafting materials week after week.