Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

Transairion
08.29.2014 , 06:28 AM | #1
Just logged in expecting a little note about "once per day" around the flashpoints.

Oh no, now it's got the one-off symbol. So you can now only do a certain FP once per week.

At least my guild didn't invade those planets, thank goodness for that.

Edit: Just checked, there's now only TWO to FOUR repeatable PvE objectives total. All the others are now one-off!

LilyJedi
08.29.2014 , 06:46 AM | #2
Is it per character or legacy-wide?

If the latter, may as well declare victory for the GSF and PVP people immediately.

Kymerous
08.29.2014 , 06:56 AM | #3
I dont do PvP, nor do I do GSF, yet I will still EASILY be able to hit the 35k mark in the 5 days or so the event runs

Transairion
08.29.2014 , 06:58 AM | #4
Quote:
I dont do PvP, nor do I do GSF, yet I will still EASILY be able to hit the 35k mark in the 5 days or so the event runs
.......... so?

Good luck conquering a planet with about 10 once-per-week objectives at 1000 a pop.

Just invading a PvP planet gets 1000 for showing up, discounting everything else.

This exploit fix was like doing surgery with a sledgehammer.

ghoul_drool
08.29.2014 , 07:02 AM | #5
I couldn't do the 250 kills on Balmorra on multiple characters - I can only assume that this (flashpoint once a week) is therefore also a legacy wide thing.

Man, two weeks of whining (first, commander farming, and now flashpoint farming) has leeched the fun out of doing conquests REAL fast.

EDIT: yep. It's now once per LEGACY that you can do the flashpoint. Unbelievable.

wainot-keel
08.29.2014 , 08:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ghoul_drool View Post
I couldn't do the 250 kills on Balmorra on multiple characters - I can only assume that this (flashpoint once a week) is therefore also a legacy wide thing.

Man, two weeks of whining (first, commander farming, and now flashpoint farming) has leeched the fun out of doing conquests REAL fast.

EDIT: yep. It's now once per LEGACY that you can do the flashpoint. Unbelievable.
Just zerg WZs with your guildies and go afk. You'll earn points fast and, if enough pvp'ers complain by this, BW might review things... Who knows...

Rafaman
08.29.2014 , 08:14 AM | #7
Lol! Decimated? I'm sorry, but I think I finally understand and yours is a L2P issue.

Khevar
08.29.2014 , 08:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Good luck conquering a planet with about 10 once-per-week objectives at 1000 a pop.

Just invading a PvP planet gets 1000 for showing up, discounting everything else.
Why did your guild invade a x2 PvP planet if you didn't intend to do PvP?

LordArtemis
08.29.2014 , 08:16 AM | #9
Wait, the change only effects the conquest rewards, correct? Otherwise flashpoints have not changed. In the past you could farm FPs like BT/Esseles for light or dark points, and the Foundry for mats. Has that now changed?

jorill
08.29.2014 , 08:17 AM | #10
You can still do gf for repeatable dailies i thought. That is 3 a day you can do. They do need to tweak the pvp and gsf values though.