Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help Stop Accidental Purchases!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Help Stop Accidental Purchases!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GeorgZoeller
12.23.2011 , 04:32 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey - this is a very reasonable request and we're going to look at this topic. Thanks for your feedback.

Zombull
12.23.2011 , 11:48 PM | #12
If votes count, I vote for the refund grace period. You buy an item, you have 1 hour in which you can return it for a full refund. If you equip it, the grace period ends.

Ituhata
12.23.2011 , 11:51 PM | #13
Yeah I accidentally bought two very expensive items today trying to preview it first.

Baneberry
12.23.2011 , 11:51 PM | #14
My personal fave!

Ding 40!! woot lets go train my new skills.

Click...click..click.....

wait, I just spent 210k creds on mount skill #2...

*Solution* please put the riding skills on a riding trainer or something. Its not that big of a deal, i would have spent the creds anyway, but it was def a surprise when i couldn't afford my other level 40 skill because i suddenly had less the 1k creds.
I bring you pain, the kind you cant suffer quietly!

Finiffa
12.24.2011 , 05:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
There's always the 'sell it back' option that many games feature. Accidental purchases are particularly infuriating when you lose badges in the process.
This please! I lost money clicking wrong when I wanted to preview but that isnt too bad.....but loosing commendations is very very bad. Due to lag (thus clicking twice accidently) I ended up with 2 of the same items from commendations
'The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss' - Douglas Adams

Unindel
12.24.2011 , 08:18 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Seigyoku View Post
Is there a manner with which to buy stackable items in bulk? Maybe that's why it does this, but they could at least turn that off for items that don't stack.
Shift+drag the item you want to buy into your inventory. It'll ask you to "split" the stack the vendor has. Choose how much you want and click OK and it'll purchase that many.

b-morgan
12.24.2011 , 09:24 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hey - this is a very reasonable request and we're going to look at this topic. Thanks for your feedback.
I hope this is a high priority. I consider it a bug, not a missing feature. I'm sure many others do too.

Claymaniac
12.24.2011 , 09:27 AM | #18
We have a buyback option at vendors. Why not have a sellback option for a limited time, like say 10 minutes or so?
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

mazeri
12.24.2011 , 09:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
There's always the 'sell it back' option that many games feature. Accidental purchases are particularly infuriating when you lose badges in the process.

This 1 just happend to me. Very annoying as I did not relize at the time that the first tier of badge gear in kass city had light and dark side restrictions! Yes I should have checked all the reqs but still would have been nice to replace it.

Jackobite
12.24.2011 , 09:29 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by b-morgan View Post
I hope this is a high priority. I consider it a bug, not a missing feature. I'm sure many others do too.
Not sure you can count on me to list this as a bug or high priority but yeah its nice if they would add a sell back thing at the same price, I spotted a lovely blue hat but its way out my price range (saving for my first speeder) it would be very painful to click it and loss half my savings.
CE