Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help Stop Accidental Purchases!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Help Stop Accidental Purchases!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DrSleak
12.23.2011 , 04:13 PM | #1
After accidentally purchasing an $8,400 helmet that my toon can't use I thought, after much cursing, that there must be a better way. Then it came to me...

Please BioWare just make it so if you have the Shift or Ctrl key pressed you CAN'T BUY ANYTHING!

If I have the Shift key down I don't want to buy an item I want to link it to my friends, left click or right click shouldn't buy it.

Likewise if I have the Ctrl key down I don't want to buy the item I want to see what that item would look like on my toon, left click or right click shouldn't buy it.

If I want to buy it I won't hold anything down just click.

This might not seem like much but for those of us who have had this happen it's not a happy time and seems like an easy fix.

That is all.

Anosa
12.23.2011 , 04:15 PM | #2
agreed i spent 15k on crap i didnt want
Meow

Seigyoku
12.23.2011 , 04:17 PM | #3
Is there a manner with which to buy stackable items in bulk? Maybe that's why it does this, but they could at least turn that off for items that don't stack.
SE Key - Bought the game for the game!
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together - Carl Sagan

Chomag
12.23.2011 , 04:20 PM | #4
I accidentally bought my 1st mount. I thought maybe ctrl-right click will show your character on it. I was wrong.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

PostalTwinkie
12.23.2011 , 04:23 PM | #5
Yes for the love of god! I accidentally bought a 12.5k companion customization....

StaticSilence
12.23.2011 , 04:24 PM | #6
Hell yes,

because of accidental purchases I am now paranoid of using the item preview when at a vendor.
-- Guild: Gentlemen Gankers / Server: The Bastion --
Vickers, gunslinger | Deadlyburrito, vanguard | Staticsilence, commando
-- The Speyside Legacy --
"Once more, unto the breach."

Razhah
12.23.2011 , 04:25 PM | #7
At least give the option to sell it back for full price if you accidentally buy it. I havent accidentally bought anything real expensive like some of you but I did waste some comms that way once.
You use the Force.... I will use Deadly Force!
Squadron 11-11-11 'Never Forget'

ColonelColt
12.23.2011 , 04:26 PM | #8
Tbh, I do not agree with this suggestion. It is a handle tool for quick-buying items. However what they should do is allow a sell-back grace period. I take note of Heroes of Newerth, where they give you fifteen seconds to sell the item back at full price. TOR should do similar so that if you accidently buy an item you do not want, you can quickly sell it back and no harm done. Either option works though.

Manananggal
12.23.2011 , 04:27 PM | #9
/signed.

I'm nervous to TRY something on now.
Bellatrix - Bounty Hunter - Mercenary Guild: Chaos To Order

AJediKnight
12.23.2011 , 04:27 PM | #10
There's always the 'sell it back' option that many games feature. Accidental purchases are particularly infuriating when you lose badges in the process.
[][]☲☲☲[]ị::ị\(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)