Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you get a golden key?

AemmaAstryr
08.28.2014 , 02:02 PM | #1
My friend and I want to share a stronghold, and he said you could do that if you had a golden key, but how do you get one?

Elly_Dawn
08.28.2014 , 02:24 PM | #2
as far as i can tell that's only applicable on a Guild Stronghold... i haven't seen Gold Keys for Personal Strongholds so far, only the Guild one...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

DataBeaver
08.28.2014 , 02:27 PM | #3
The key management window doesn't let you give golden keys for a personal stronghold to anyone else, so you'll have to settle with a silver key.

G_Hosa_Phat
08.28.2014 , 02:37 PM | #4
I think I saw the answer somewhere in one of the GHS threads, but to sum up, Gold Keys for personal strongholds are only given to the owner (and the associated legacy). Silver and Bronze Keys are the only current levels of keys that can be given to other player characters.

It would be nice, though to be able to give other players a Gold Key if they are in a Shared Legacy (not a current feature, but on my wishlist).
The Starbreeze Legacy (Jung Ma) - Istarra | Alhana
Firestorm Alliance | Evil Purple Spider Monkeys

NEW GAME MODES: Field Commander | Onslaught Arenas | Capture & Command | Personal Armies
34th Degree Text Mason - Building Walls of Text Since 1997 - My Referral Link

Doreian
08.28.2014 , 03:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by G_Hosa_Phat View Post
I think I saw the answer somewhere in one of the GHS threads, but to sum up, Gold Keys for personal strongholds are only given to the owner (and the associated legacy). Silver and Bronze Keys are the only current levels of keys that can be given to other player characters.

It would be nice, though to be able to give other players a Gold Key if they are in a Shared Legacy (not a current feature, but on my wishlist).
I dont know about shared legacy but I saw a guy on my server the other day that had the same legacy name as mine unless Manaan is a shared server between all servers (which I doubt). So either a bug or it doesn't matter anymore with legacy names.
Guest-280: how will the cover system work in 8m flashpoints or w.e raids are named?
Gabe: We'll be resetting Operations on Tuesday morning.

Click me for free week of sub and more free stuff.

nerdofprey
08.28.2014 , 04:01 PM | #6
Legacy names haven't been unique for a long time now.

Anyway, don't buy a guild stronghold. They were not implemented well, and you'll lose a lot of cool features that a personal one has.

If you want to share a space with your friend, choose on of you as a "designated decorator." Friend #1 buys the stronghold, unlocks the rooms, places the decorations. Friend #2 mails/trades money and decorations to Friend #1 and offers suggestions on how to set the place up. It's really quite effective as long as you have no major disagreements.

Really, if you have major disagreements about how to decorate it, both having gold keys would only make it worse!
Uftax "The Brute"
Vice President - Mantellian Outlaw Element Swoop Club
moe.enjin.com

MaximusRex
08.28.2014 , 08:09 PM | #7
Gold Keys for personal strongholds has already been an often requested feature, hopefully they will add it in the future.