Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khevar
08.30.2014 , 08:42 AM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
Yeah.. ONCE, dont forget the only repeatable for the flashpoints is a single flashpoint daily now.
No, three times. You can run the daily group finder quest for flashpoints 3 times per day per toon. 1 HM 55, 1 HM 50, 1 Tactical. You get conquest rewards each time.
And how does that help when a huge chunk of the PvE points are once per LEGACY, and thats not going to help us do the 35K points on one character anyway is it.
Just do you know, I'm in favor of the idea of changing "once per legacy" to "once per week per toon". I think that is a better solution than what we have right now.

loztchild
08.30.2014 , 09:23 AM | #362
Killing Nameless and Named Commanders should give Conquest points.I mean the Commanders are part of the Conquest Event so why not award us with Points for killing them.

We should of a daily and weekly for killing Commanders.

Nameless Commanders
Daily 0/1 = 2 000 Points per player
Weekly 0/5 = 4 000 Points per player

Named Commanders
Daily 0/2 = 3 000 Points per player
Weekly 0/3 = 5 000 Points per player

With Dailies and Weeklies in place for Commanders we should see more people fighting for the Commanders on various planets.

ScarletBlaze
08.30.2014 , 10:38 AM | #363
other than doing PvE content at lower levels than they are you mean ?

Because just how many level 50's do you think run the level 50 flashpoints or heroics on planets at level 35 ?
There are other reasons to run some of the heroics on these plants, such as the decorations datacrons dropped from the heroics on some of these planets as well.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

errant_knight
08.30.2014 , 11:07 AM | #364
My thoughts on this type of 'competing' in general.... Using skills and strategy to get through anything in the game, be it pvp or pve is clever gameplay. Using it to skip gameplay entirely is just lame.

Ie, teaming up against guildmates/allies in pvp is fine as long as you're actually playing and doing your best to fight them. Taking turns throwing a match is no better than if a boxer does it and just as dubious. It's a cheat of omission--omitting the intent and effort to win--but it's still a cheat.

Porting in to fight the final boss, skipping the rest of the flashpoint, is exactly the same. It's circumventing virtually all gameplay to get unearned points. Now, I don't see doing the same thing with commanders as cheating. You aren't skipping gameplay, you're using tactics to open a second front. You're using it to add to gameplay and increase combat possibilities. IMO, that's the way the ship was intended to be used--to drop troops behind enemy lines, not to push an easy button.

TravelersWay
08.31.2014 , 07:51 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

I know many of you have questions about the change made to the Flashpoint Conquest Objectives with the release of 2.9c. I wanted to get some clarification, so I spoke with Lead Designer Jesse Sky:

“Conquest Events are intended to provide a set of rotating objectives that incentivize a variety of activities from week to week, including both PvP and PvE – but not necessarily a strict balance between the two. Some events will lean more heavily toward specific activities, and others will be more generalized. The intention is to provide a set of high point value, non-repeatable Objectives that focus on some specific, thematic goals – such as completing certain Flashpoints – while giving highly-repeatable activities such as Warzones and Crafting a broader meaning in the war.

As this is a new system, we’re still working out how to create the right balance for the Objectives. The purpose is to create a sense of change and opportunity each week, so that the galaxy’s conflicts feel diverse and interesting. If you favor specific types of activities, you will probably want to gravitate towards invading worlds where those activities receive Invasion Bonuses in order to maximize your Conquest Point gain. Generally speaking, however, players who enjoy a variety of activities should get the most out of the system.

All of that said, we will be revisiting the way Warzone Objectives work in 2.10 to put more emphasis on wins and, over time, we may raise the value of other activities (such as Flashpoints) to ensure that things remain competitive and interesting. We are committed to tweaking the system until it better accomplishes its goals.”
Thanks for the info Tait.

With that being said, will these changes ensure that PvE centric activities that many of us enjoy will be just as viable as the current other activities. Quite frankly, making PvP goals dependent on wins and/or medals earned does nothing to help those players who are not PvPers (or not very good at PvP) and therefore will not be able to gain the points necessary through PvP. Changing the qualifications for earning the PvP points only punishes those who are not very good at PvP unless alternative modes are buffed enough to make up for the difference.
Character Page with music and quest lists
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons
State of the Game
This is not a referral link because I am not a needy whore

GadgetDon
08.31.2014 , 08:46 AM | #366
As this is a new system, we’re still working out how to create the right balance for the Objectives. The purpose is to create a sense of change and opportunity each week, so that the galaxy’s conflicts feel diverse and interesting. If you favor specific types of activities, you will probably want to gravitate towards invading worlds where those activities receive Invasion Bonuses in order to maximize your Conquest Point gain. Generally speaking, however, players who enjoy a variety of activities should get the most out of the system.

All of that said, we will be revisiting the way Warzone Objectives work in 2.10 to put more emphasis on wins and, over time, we may raise the value of other activities (such as Flashpoints) to ensure that things remain competitive and interesting. We are committed to tweaking the system until it better accomplishes its goals.”
Please remember that, in the goals, many of us play more than one character (including both Empire and Republic, and sometimes even same alignment but different guilds). I don't mind the major thematic stuff being once per event, but the way to code works, it's once per legacy, so only one character can accomplish the thematic stuff.

Heal-To-Full
09.01.2014 , 02:14 AM | #367
This all happened countless times before - the EVE Online boondoggle with Band of Brothers comes to mind.

That said, I doubt it was anything as sinister as devs favoring a friend or trying to get good press; rather, there are people that devs pay attention to, the rest are glanced over as white noise, so to us in the noise category it looks that way.
People that devs pay attention to diverted their attention to only one issue, the one hampering them, so it was fixed while leaving even larger holes intact.

As far as I'm concerned, any match that had its rules changed in the middle, such as this week's conquest, has to be treated as if it never happened. Hope you're proud of yourselves.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

Buscjo
09.01.2014 , 02:59 AM | #368
For those saying it isn't an exploit, fair enough it may not be. But you could look at it from the viewpoint that stealth classes gain a significant advantage here/larger guilds continue to reap even greater benefits with little effort. Two weeks in and both weeks conquest has felt like there is little to no competition, with larger guilds gaining well into the millions worth of points within a day or so and everyone else falling incredibly behind without a chance in hell. This week I've also seen the top guilds posting in fleet chat asking other guilds to merge with them for the title and then leaving afterward, again making it a completely one sided event without competition. Perhaps there could be a point scaling bonus implemented, where guilds with say 1-10 members online at the time get a 20% increase bonus to conquest points, 10-15 people get a 5-10% bonus and anywhere above that gets no bonus. It may not work but it's just a suggestion.

Aniajan
09.02.2014 , 08:22 AM | #369
To be perfectly honest, I do not see how conquest was broken by this week's patch. Just as last week, it was the big guilds investing time and resources into winning planets, that won planets. Our guild won Balmorra Rep on T3-M4 and we did everything that could be done for points.

Most of us did the Heroics on Balmorra as well as the usual one-time-objectives. We did run Ilum and False Emperor, without the Solo-stealthing Ilum exploit though. We had people doing GSF, we had people doing PVP, we had people crafting. Of course it was some grinding, but to be perfectly honest grinding heroics just replaced grinding dailies for most of our people. We're on Makeb this week, which is PvP and crafting and I assume we're gonna win that as well. y'all know why? Because we're putting more effort in than other guilds. Not because we're a PVE or PVP or GSF or whatever guild.

Overall, It just has been a fun two weeks for our guild. We had more guild activity than in a long time, doing conquest, killing commanders. Oh, and not a single scheduled raid was canceled for contest. We had two groups running NiM on two nights each and our three other regular ops groups ran their scheduled raids as well.

For comparisons sake: We have about 70 active accounts (paying subscribers) and a little more than 300 chars. There usually are about 10 to 12 players online at daytime and 20 to 25 during primetime. Max players online probably was somewhere in the low thirties.

Atrix_Wolfe
09.04.2014 , 04:59 AM | #370
Hey everyone,

So your proposed solution to balance things that are skewed towards handing PVP guilds as many points as they can gather from warzones (An activity they have to divert no attention to as that's what they tend to want to do naturally) is to tip the scales even further in their direction by focusing on warzone wins?