Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aeterno
08.28.2014 , 12:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
In that case, can you please elaborate on why the PvP and crafting objetives are repeatable? Because with your fix, there is a fixed daily amount of points you can get with a PvE character, while there is no limit on PvP activities.
Isn't it obvious, making it 1 time thing is the easiest way to neutralize the cheesing of the mechanic.

I don't buy the fact it's currently not repeatable because of a "bug". They simply didn't anticipate this happening, like they didn't anticipate guilds having a container ship worth of maths stockpiled last week which enabled them to craft millions worth of invasion forces.

I'm guessing this will be a trend for a couple months now, every new event will see guilds being creative to the max and BW tweaking things accordingly.

buckman
08.28.2014 , 12:29 PM | #22
The PVP conquest challenges pay out less than the PvE ones. Also, there are many more PvE challenges than PvP ones.

Ocho-Quatro
08.28.2014 , 12:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey all,

I brought this to the attention of the team, and discovered that this is a bug - Flashpoint Conquest Objectives are intended to be one-time only, not infinitely repeatable. The only Flashpoint Objectives that can be repeated are the Group Finder ones - and those can only be done when you have the Daily Mission for the Group Finder available.

We will be releasing 2.9c tomorrow morning to address this issue. There will be a maintenance post made later today with the full information.

Thanks,

Tait
TaiterTot.... Thank you so much!
Republic Gentlemen
Apos'trophe - Sage - Apostrophé - Scoundrel - Parentheses - Shadow - Period - Vanguard
Quotation - Sentinel - Proper - Guardian - Period - Commando
Ellipsis - Juggernaut - Asterisk - Mercenary
Period - Operative - Backslash - Assassin
<Häagen-Dazs> / <Ben & Jerry's>
Daiquirí - Scoundrel - Ileítís - Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

Brewski
08.28.2014 , 12:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazyon View Post
Exactly this. Let's let the PvP guilds steamroll the queue with their premades and get infinite rewards, but the PvE guilds are screwed since the flashpoints are one-time only and the Operations rewards are laughable for the effort involved.
Well, technically you can do the heroic missions and group finder flashpoint queue every day, so there are repeatable PvE objectives, just not infinitly farmable.

Crafting repeats are limited by materials, so I don't see a major problem there. You either have to farm the mats yourself, or farm the credits to buy the mats. In either case, you are limited. (At least after all of the excess materials stored up out there get consumed.)

It is a valid point that the 500 points you get for every PvP mission and GSF match are now the infinite farms of choice. We are likely to see huge queues of bad players in both after the change is made. Since you get the reward whether you win or lose, it's not like they are hard to complete. If Bioware's intent is to make more people queue, this will work.

If on the other hand, those rewards are also not supposed to be repeatable, then getting to your 35k per week is going to be a lot more challenging.

LanceCorporalDan
08.28.2014 , 12:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazyon View Post
Exactly this. Let's let the PvP guilds steamroll the queue with their premades and get infinite rewards, but the PvE guilds are screwed since the flashpoints are one-time only and the Operations rewards are laughable for the effort involved.
Maybe they shoudl've made PvP objective planets able to farm wz's

PvE objective planets to farm FP's.

Any guild that likes PvE can commit to it, those who enjoy PvP more can do that.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Darkulous
08.28.2014 , 12:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by buckman View Post
The PVP conquest challenges pay out less than the PvE ones. Also, there are many more PvE challenges than PvP ones.
Agree.

I'm happy about the change incoming. I was about to smash my face into my screen if I had to run FE or BoI again. I can handle a daily limit but having it repeatable while rewarding so many points made it a priority must for all Guildies to run over and over and over. Conquest is always going to be a grind, but at least they can fight off boring aspects to it.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

ReyCielo
08.28.2014 , 12:40 PM | #27
If you are going to fix flashpoints in this manner you need to fix warzones to have a cap as well. It would be imbalanced PVE v PVP.

LordArtemis
08.28.2014 , 12:42 PM | #28
I'm a bit worried that any fix that they put in place may remove the ability to run FPs for mats or comms.....that would be unfortunate if that is the case.

Kazyon
08.28.2014 , 12:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkulous View Post
Agree.

I'm happy about the change incoming. I was about to smash my face into my screen if I had to run FE or BoI again. I can handle a daily limit but having it repeatable while rewarding so many points made it a priority must for all Guildies to run over and over and over. Conquest is always going to be a grind, but at least they can fight off boring aspects to it.
I would rather run BoL or BT over and and over than run WZs over and over... That doesn't mean limiting one and not the other is an appropriate solution.

Quote: Originally Posted by ReyCielo View Post
If you are going to fix flashpoints in this manner you need to fix warzones to have a cap as well. It would be imbalanced PVE v PVP.
Yep. Once per day vs. unlimited is pretty imbalanced. I'd rather see something like a 3 or 5 per day cap on both to encourage some variety if that's really the way they want to go.

Brewski
08.28.2014 , 12:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I'm a bit worried that any fix that they put in place may remove the ability to run FPs for mats or comms.....that would be unfortunate if that is the case.
All they are removing is the conquest point rewards. You can run the flashpoint as often as you want, but you only get the rewards once.