Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kurin
08.28.2014 , 12:01 PM | #11
I would say it's currently a clever use of game mechanics as well. It's not an exploit, because the players aren't exploiting some known bug in the game to achieve a gain. The flashpoint is solo-able and stealthable. It's always been that way, which isn't a bug, so it isn't an exploit to spam run it.

But it's also not a fun task, which is why I personally wouldn't do it. I won't let the conquest game influence me into doing something so mind-numbingly boring.

One "simple" fix I would suggest to the devs: If an activity doesn't reward xp, it shouldn't reward conquest points. Likewise, if xp is scaled down, then conquest points should be scaled down accordingly. This would make the level 50 flashpoints reward very, very little in conquest points (not much xp from them as a 55). The same should be true of the crafting xp/conquest items. Crafting with the lowbie mats should NOT yield any conquest points.

This one change would significantly slow down the pace of conquest points. I'm not sure if the PVP related conquest points need a similar "adjustment", or if there's an easy a solution to making an adjustment.
<insert lots of characters here>- The Harbinger - Invictus guild.

Savitar
08.28.2014 , 12:10 PM | #12
Honestly, Tait, wouldn't it be better to fix this during the one-day break between Conquest Events? At this point, the guilds that have done this have built up enormous leads. The only way for the other guilds on the list to keep up is to do the same thing. Fixing it mid-event only serves to reward the guilds that farmed the frak out of in the first few days (much like fixing the legacy tag on base defenders last week did) by cementing their lead as insurmountable.

On a slightly unrelated note... is there any discussion about increasing the gap between conquest events? This is intensive and a day off between conquest events may not be enough to off-set burnout.

MillionsKNives
08.28.2014 , 12:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey all,

I brought this to the attention of the team, and discovered that this is a bug - Flashpoint Conquest Objectives are intended to be one-time only, not infinitely repeatable. The only Flashpoint Objectives that can be repeated are the Group Finder ones - and those can only be done when you have the Daily Mission for the Group Finder available.

We will be releasing 2.9c tomorrow morning to address this issue. There will be a maintenance post made later today with the full information.

Thanks,

Tait
I have a question then. If flashpoints are only supposed to be done once, or once per day with the group finder, then why do warzones count every single time? Why are they infinitely repeatable and flashpoints aren't?

Edit: If the concern is that people will join at the end to get credit then why not require that they kill every boss to get credit?

Jerba
08.28.2014 , 12:11 PM | #14
Hey all,

I brought this to the attention of the team, and discovered that this is a bug - Flashpoint Conquest Objectives are intended to be one-time only, not infinitely repeatable. The only Flashpoint Objectives that can be repeated are the Group Finder ones - and those can only be done when you have the Daily Mission for the Group Finder available.

We will be releasing 2.9c tomorrow morning to address this issue. There will be a maintenance post made later today with the full information.

Thanks,

Tait
In that case, can you please elaborate on why the PvP and crafting objetives are repeatable? Because with your fix, there is a fixed daily amount of points you can get with a PvE character, while there is no limit on PvP activities.

jedip_enguin
08.28.2014 , 12:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I have a question then. If flashpoints are only supposed to be done once, or once per day with the group finder, then why do warzones count every single time? Why are they infinitely repeatable and flashpoints aren't?
This...is an excellent question.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Elminster_cs
08.28.2014 , 12:15 PM | #16
Hey all,

Thanks,

Tait
REALLY?????? O.o
Looooooool bad to share this info, now everybody tonight will do it...
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Khevar
08.28.2014 , 12:18 PM | #17
Hey all,

Thanks,

Tait
This is good to know.

Brewski
08.28.2014 , 12:21 PM | #18
Hey all,

Thanks,

Tait
In before PUNISH ALL THE GUILDS USING EXPLOIT RAWRRRR.

Thanks for the update Tait. This makes a lot more sense. There's not really anything that can be done to adjust this weeks conquests, but it at least clears the way for next week to be more competitive.

Jimmajamma
08.28.2014 , 12:22 PM | #19
LOL. How is that a bug? It's just a complete lack of foresight on the devs' part.
Garbinger
Dirty-randy
Make America Great Again

Kazyon
08.28.2014 , 12:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
In that case, can you please elaborate on why the PvP and crafting objetives are repeatable? Because with your fix, there is a fixed daily amount of points you can get with a PvE character, while there is no limit on PvP activities.
Exactly this. Let's let the PvP guilds steamroll the queue with their premades and get infinite rewards, but the PvE guilds are screwed since the flashpoints are one-time only and the Operations rewards are laughable for the effort involved.