Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my credits back

Ilhares
08.29.2014 , 12:11 PM | #21
There's been a lot of whining about the lack of a starship hook on Coru/DK. And to be fair, I do understand (to a point) why people want them, especially at 1mil for a balcony, which is entirely unnecessary.

The problem is one of size. Centerpiece hooks are nice, but they're also something like 1/4 the size of a starship hook. That dinky little taxi landing pad you get on Coru/DK simply aren't big enough for a starship. That, and I'm sure there's some dev-fiction about capital planet regulations about where people are allowed to land ships. An ion-backwash starship engine would be a highly fatal thing to have sprayed all willy-nilly over residential towers.

Tatooine has a nice big open space for a ship. From what I saw on the PTS, there's room for two, the other goes into an underground ship bay. NS has one and you can place that immediately (if you have the ship, that is). And for those outrageous stronghold prices, they should.

khsolo
08.29.2014 , 12:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by deanth View Post
The ability to even acquire the ship decoration in the first place lets you know that you have the ability to place it down in a stronghold. What's the point of a decoration if you can't do anything with it?

Most people don't follow the forums, streams or other blogs to find out if a single decoration can/can't be placed in a stronghold. You would expect that decorations can be placed in any stronghold unless explicitly stated otherwise.

The best way is to provide a floor plan of a stronghold when you buy it showing what hooks are available and where.

To the OP, talk with the customer service.
Totally agree

I think it would be fair to say that owning a stronghold and buying a ship that you could place in there would be something must customers would "assume" possible, even though you as a buyer are 100% resposible for buying the ship

IMO decorations should have a 24 hr return policy to see if you could actually use them or not, specially the mighty expensive ones, expecting everyone to be fully aware of everything that goes on in this game is not only naive but bad customers support

Botho
08.29.2014 , 03:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by -Damask- View Post
As usual bioware half-assed the whole thing. Not only do they give you no actual advantage for maxing out your SH (other than aesthetics), but it doesn't even compare to other games which allow you to place stuff anywhere, and allow you to control the z axis and scale the size of items placed.

But you should really know this by now, and lower your expectations accordingly.

Not true, the more compele your stronghold is the more % bonus you gain on conquest points, with all 4 strongholds owned and 100% complete you get a 100% bonus on Conquest points (pre multiplier value)

thatPERSON
08.29.2014 , 04:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
So you spent all that money without doing even the tiniest bit of research on the thing first?
Lack of a starship hook has been a well known thing for ages.
i knew i was about to walk into a wall with 3 foot sharp spikes, i hit the spikes, got mad at the people around me for not telling me....

Amorianallund
08.29.2014 , 10:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
i knew i was about to walk into a wall with 3 foot sharp spikes, i hit the spikes, got mad at the people around me for not telling me....
Yes because I totally have time to follow everything posted on the forums and livestreams of all the games I play.

/sarcasm
I kissed a Sith and I liked it....

thatPERSON
08.30.2014 , 08:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Amorianallund View Post
Yes because I totally have time to follow everything posted on the forums and livestreams of all the games I play.

/sarcasm
everything you needed to know was right in front of you. you didnt take the time to read it so you should have to pay the consequences, no one feels sorry.

Amorianallund
08.30.2014 , 09:14 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
everything you needed to know was right in front of you. you didnt take the time to read it so you should have to pay the consequences, no one feels sorry.
You obviously haven't read the rest of this thread.

Hypocrite.
I kissed a Sith and I liked it....

Uludelu
08.31.2014 , 09:49 AM | #28
They said a long time before that only Nar shaddaa and Tatooine had hooks for ships !!!

If you had done some research on the fansite or saw the official SWTOR twitch showing the stronghold you would know !!!

http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

Google is your friend !

thatPERSON
08.31.2014 , 10:12 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Amorianallund View Post
You obviously haven't read the rest of this thread.

Hypocrite.
so i read the whole thread. filled with like minded people saying the same thing i said. also, you used hypocrite wrong, no where in this thread did i contradict myself on actions/decisions/comments i made. so please use words properly.

hy·poc·ri·sy
hiˈpäkrisē
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

yeah, no where did i do this

DarkJediCaine
08.31.2014 , 10:32 AM | #30
Good thing I read this thread then.

I feel very sorry for the OP, though. I too am unable to devote my time reading up on every scrap of info on every single little detail on this game, and other games.

Granted, the ship decoration does say starship hook, but the serious lack of information at the stronghold kiosk telling you what you can and cannot place is truly dreadful.

You can easily tell Bioware saw the huge success of Wildstar's housing project, and they scrambled like headless chickens to implement a somewhat reasonable, but sorely lacking, system of their own.

I sill love both my DK and Coruscant homes, but at least now I know not to invest in make 3 ships. Just one for my Nar Shaddaa home.

And why is the NS landing pad SO far out of view like that? When I zone in, and turn around, I wanna see the pad THERE on the horizon, not down below at the risk of falling off of my sky palace. Raise the damn thing at zoning in level.