Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anything going to be done so that guild conquests aren't quantity > quality?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is anything going to be done so that guild conquests aren't quantity > quality?

azudelphi
08.27.2014 , 10:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluejayoo View Post
I have to disagree with your fundamental premise. It is OK for the game to reward large guilds for having large numbers in certain types of game content.

Conquest is meant for large guilds. Until this point there has been almost nothing in the game for these types of players. Given the difficulty of managing a large guild, it was a penalty to have a large number of members with no reward.

There is still plenty of content in the game for smaller guilds and solo players.
Quoted because I like your signature.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Seriously, who would shamelessly promote a Suggestion Thread in their signature? Armor Effects Star Fortress - Recharge Terminals Episodic Content - Episodic Operations
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

CaptainDiomedes
08.27.2014 , 10:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluejayoo View Post
I have to disagree with your fundamental premise. It is OK for the game to reward large guilds for having large numbers in certain types of game content.

Conquest is meant for large guilds. Until this point there has been almost nothing in the game for these types of players. Given the difficulty of managing a large guild, it was a penalty to have a large number of members with no reward.

There is still plenty of content in the game for smaller guilds and solo players.
The largest guilds should also have the largest amount of good players to select from to do the most challenging things. Having a large guild is its own reward.

Leafy_Bug
08.27.2014 , 10:32 AM | #13
TOFN has an imperial guild Honour who is going to win every planet they land on. It is the truth as nobody can keep up with them. What many have done is this opportunistic thing : park an alt in Honour and adding their little bee work to the hive . This guild is running 70+ members a day farming to win. Good for them and the fact that NIM progression is not included in this planetary conquest will bring forth quantity and not quality.

We could catch up and get a huge amount of points from DP/DF NiM but why should BW allow that when we can farm level 10 flashpoints with all our alts and wait for honour to do the same?

Conquests like many things in this game are simply broken and favour the sheep guilds

Brewski
08.27.2014 , 10:38 AM | #14
Unfortunately, the way conquests were designed, there's really no way for a small guild of, say, 40 or so players, with maybe half being fairly active (the size of my guild) can compete with a guild with 200 active players. I can farm every single minute I'm online, but I'm still limited to one account at a time. That's the reality.

The specific repeatable content does not really matter. No matter what the "most efficient" means of getting points is in any given week, that's where the top guilds will focus. So last week it was farming kills, and this week it's BT/Esseles. Next week it will be something else instead. Even if they remove those next time or make them non-repeatable, people will just move on to the next most efficient task. Heck, top out the number of points any given legacy and/or character can add, and it's just going to go to who gets there first, which is again going to favor larger guilds.

In the end, the conquest goes to the guild with the largest number of efficient farmers.

It might become less of an issue as conquests progress. Once the big guilds have fully farmed all of the achievements they will probably settle into controlling one planet full time instead.

Smaller guilds need to either grow or adjust their expectations to meet their size. Like every decision in an MMO, it's a trade off.

Maybe somewhere down the line they could add some sort of alliance mechanics, to allow multiple small guilds to work together on a specific conquest, but the mechanics for that would be complicated. (Especially if you want to avoid large guilds working together to get the same advantage.) I just don't see that happening soon.

azudelphi
08.27.2014 , 10:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
TOFN has an imperial guild Honour who is going to win every planet they land on. It is the truth as nobody can keep up with them. What many have done is this opportunistic thing : park an alt in Honour and adding their little bee work to the hive . This guild is running 70+ members a day farming to win. Good for them and the fact that NIM progression is not included in this planetary conquest will bring forth quantity and not quality.

We could catch up and get a huge amount of points from DP/DF NiM but why should BW allow that when we can farm level 10 flashpoints with all our alts and wait for honour to do the same?

Conquests like many things in this game are simply broken and favour the sheep guilds
Really... as if having the best gear, the unique mounts, and the prestige of Nightmare Modes isn't enough, now you want them to be the bunker buster point scorers for conquests.

Personally, I like that there are different planets with different bonuses and strategies to which planet to invade, what actions to get points, etc... and not just, "Who is best at PVE"
Seriously, who would shamelessly promote a Suggestion Thread in their signature? Armor Effects Star Fortress - Recharge Terminals Episodic Content - Episodic Operations

Darth_Wicked
08.27.2014 , 10:40 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
Really... as if having the best gear, the unique mounts, and the prestige of Nightmare Modes isn't enough, now you want them to be the bunker buster point scorers for conquests.

Personally, I like that there are different planets with different bonuses and strategies to which planet to invade, what actions to get points, etc... and not just, "Who is best at PVE"
Seems far more sensible and fair than speedrunning a LV10 FP at LV55 and being rewarded for it.

Anyone can do the above but NiM LV55 runs? Yeahhh, right.

azudelphi
08.27.2014 , 10:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Seems far more sensible and fair than speedrunning a LV10 FP at LV55 and being rewarded for it.

Anyone can do the above but NiM LV55 runs? Yeahhh, right.
Not really... besides, what does Dread Fortress NiM have to do with the Clash in Hyperspace?

Esseles and Black Talon = Flashpoints in space...
The Black Hole, a starship fueling facility...
Galactic Starfighter... 'nuff said

So why during a week of space related events, should DF NiM score highly other than to stroke the ego of nightmare completion teams?

Brewski
08.27.2014 , 10:48 AM | #18
So why during a week of space related events, should DF NiM score highly other than to stroke the ego of nightmare completion teams?
You need something other than ego to demand changes in the forums?

Darth_Wicked
08.27.2014 , 10:49 AM | #19
Not really... besides, what does Dread Fortress NiM have to do with the Clash in Hyperspace?

Esseles and Black Talon = Flashpoints in space...
The Black Hole, a starship fueling facility...
Galactic Starfighter... 'nuff said

All I'm saying is the same I said earlier: Content should scale or change accordingly, taking into account the level of the characters.

DF and DP NiM is both challenging and it is LV55 content for... LV55's. Alas, BT and Esseles SM are NOT. It's just silly.

Infernixx
08.27.2014 , 10:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
All I'm saying is the same I said earlier: Content should scale accordingly, taking into account the level of the characters.

DF and DP NiM is both challenging and it is LV55 content for... LV55's. Alas, BT and Esseles SM are NOT. It's just silly.
Not that I'm disagreeing, but why should content scale accordingly, taking into account the level of the characters? Specifically, I mean.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.