Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anything going to be done so that guild conquests aren't quantity > quality?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is anything going to be done so that guild conquests aren't quantity > quality?

CaptainDiomedes
08.27.2014 , 09:55 AM | #1
Or are all the future conquests also going to be decided by which guild has more 55s speedrunning a level 10 flashpoint?

TUXs
08.27.2014 , 09:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainDiomedes View Post
Or are all the future conquests also going to be decided by which guild has more 55s speedrunning a level 10 flashpoint?
What would you suggest exactly? What type of "activity" can you think of that rewards all players who participate AND rewards their guild, that doesn't favor numbers?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Darth_Wicked
08.27.2014 , 10:02 AM | #3
I apologize for my ignorance, since quite frankly I really didn't check Conquests on the PTS and I always forget they're there but...

The content for Conquests doesn't scale, depending on the character's level? There are rewards there for LV55's running LV10's flashpoints ?

CaptainDiomedes
08.27.2014 , 10:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
What would you suggest exactly? What type of "activity" can you think of that rewards all players who participate AND rewards their guild, that doesn't favor numbers?
I'm of the opinion that each guild's conquest should be scored based on the points of the top 100 (or more) legacies in the guild.

You can disagree or agree with the above, it's subjective, but it's just my opinion.

However I think it's really silly that this week's conquest is going to be decided by which guild is going to have the most 55s speedrunning. They should have kept the daily reward requirement for conquest points like last week because this is simply absurd.

Cernow
08.27.2014 , 10:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
The content for Conquests doesn't scale, depending on the character's level? There are rewards there for LV55's running LV10's flashpoints ?
Yes. Esseles / Black Talon Story Mode rewards 2k conquest points per run, repeatable.

Darth_Wicked
08.27.2014 , 10:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
Yes. Esseles / Black Talon Story Mode rewards 2k conquest points per run, repeatable.
That makes it feel even more nonsensical. Those have HM versions at LV50; Seriously... They couldn't be bothered to scale them accordingly, taking into account the character level?

Master-Nala
08.27.2014 , 10:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
That makes it feel even more nonsensical. Those have HM versions at LV50; Seriously... They couldn't be bothered to scale them accordingly, taking into account the character LV?
Well you can run either. Nothing is stopping folks from running the level 50 HM version other than they want to farm more efficiently.

It's perfectly understandable why they did it this way. By having Esseles/BT in the rotation of tasks, you can ensure that everyone in a guild who is past their starter world can contribute. However, allowing 55s in 180 gear to get so many points from that FP is problematic, but the cure could wind up creating more problems than it solves.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

TUXs
08.27.2014 , 10:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainDiomedes View Post
I'm of the opinion that each guild's conquest should be scored based on the points of the top 100 (or more) legacies in the guild.

You can disagree or agree with the above, it's subjective, but it's just my opinion.

However I think it's really silly that this week's conquest is going to be decided by which guild is going to have the most 55s speedrunning. They should have kept the daily reward requirement for conquest points like last week because this is simply absurd.
How is that any different than it is? A guild with 100 LEGACIES, will kick ***! 100 legacies is 100 different players, all contributing to the guild.

Again, please give me some examples of things that wouldn't benefit the largest guilds unevenly?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Darth_Wicked
08.27.2014 , 10:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Well you can run either. Nothing is stopping folks from running the level 50 HM version other than they want to farm more efficiently.
Sure you can.

However, from the limited knowledge I have of Conquests, people are running stuff on a timetable. As such, it is fair to assume that everyone will go for the least time consuming option, NOT the opposite.

Quote:
(...) It's perfectly understandable why they did it this way. By having Esseles/BT in the rotation of tasks, you can ensure that everyone in a guild who is past their starter world can contribute. However, allowing 55s in 180 gear to get so many points from that FP is problematic, but the cure could wind up creating more problems than it solves.
Again, the cure is simple: Have the flashpoints scale accordingly, depending on the character level, especially when there's a LV 50 or 55 HM version of it.

If there's no such thing, introduce a new challenge, conquest perk or whatever altogether.

Bluejayoo
08.27.2014 , 10:28 AM | #10
I have to disagree with your fundamental premise. It is OK for the game to reward large guilds for having large numbers in certain types of game content.

Conquest is meant for large guilds. Until this point there has been almost nothing in the game for these types of players. Given the difficulty of managing a large guild, it was a penalty to have a large number of members with no reward.

There is still plenty of content in the game for smaller guilds and solo players.
. - We will never forget.