Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World PvP can not work in this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
World PvP can not work in this game

Finin
12.23.2011 , 04:04 PM | #1
Because the Empire to Republic ratio is 3:1, this means every point of interest would be dominated by Empire anytime they had any interest in taking it. Skirmishes would start and be abruptly over run by a zerg. Until you can balance ratios server wide, world pvp will not work... see Warhammer if you don't believe me.

Syyx
12.23.2011 , 04:08 PM | #2
Get off your unbalanced server then.

To say it can't work is ignorant. To say it's not likely to work on YOUR server is plausible. There are clearly balance issues on most servers and it needs corrected but it's not that way on every server.

My advice, do some research and find one of those servers. I'm on one and no it's no the one I was signed up for
Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.

Finin
12.23.2011 , 04:11 PM | #3
It's not ignorance, I played WAR, and switched servers three times due to imbalance. Being on the side with more people is actually worse because by the time you arrive at the fight, it's already over and your side has zerged and pushed out the opposing faction.

Server balance has to be moderated, you can't leave it up to chance because then it turns into musical chairs. Until they moderate the balance you will have very few, if any, servers where World pvp will work.

FtDParadox
12.23.2011 , 04:18 PM | #4
Guild Vs Guild solution game play

Empire Vs Empire
Republic Vs Republic
Empire Vs Republic

Dosent matter at that point which side you rolled, considering each side has a mirror class of each other.

This is my dream, lol. A bit bias coming from Guild Wars. At any rate I'm fairly pleased with doing PvE right now.

GetHyped
12.23.2011 , 04:26 PM | #5
I have an easy solution,

play better?

Honestly if you are outnumbered that badly be a class that will be able to take the damage, use your guild, any organized group can tear up a random mob of players.

Instead of asking them to change a system they just implemented or to balance servers which is retarded because they cannot force players to be a side or to switch servers. try to find ways to make it work out to your advantage.

One word of advice, Don't go into no mans land when your outnumbered if you complain about being outnumbered and you run into a desolate wasteland yes your going to die.
Hype - Wound in the force
SWG - Intrepid, StarSider, Chilastra

Finin
12.23.2011 , 04:43 PM | #6
You obviously didn't read anything I wrote. As I said THINGS ARE EVEN WORSE FOR THE SIDE WITH THE LARGER POPULATION. Reason being, you get to the fight... and the fight is already over.

As long as the opponents are separated by the faction you chose, there will be server imbalance. In this case that imbalance happens to be fairly extreme (light vs dark is as contrasting of a decision as one can make).

stmart
12.23.2011 , 05:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Finin View Post
Because the Empire to Republic ratio is 3:1, this means every point of interest would be dominated by Empire anytime they had any interest in taking it. Skirmishes would start and be abruptly over run by a zerg. Until you can balance ratios server wide, world pvp will not work... see Warhammer if you don't believe me.
Try to know what you're talking about when posting something.....

Finin
12.23.2011 , 05:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by stmart View Post
Try to know what you're talking about when posting something.....
Try to base your argument on something rather than nothing.

GetHyped
12.23.2011 , 05:28 PM | #9
Stop trolling please.

I read what you said, I told you how you were wrong now your saying that is unfair for the large pop. lol so you need to fight over kills? There are enough different PvP zones that when World Pvp starts to happen I doubt this will be a problem.
Hype - Wound in the force
SWG - Intrepid, StarSider, Chilastra

Zyillo
12.23.2011 , 05:37 PM | #10
Switch factions. Problem solved.

I played Empire all throughout SWG. I loved the X-wing, but refused to play Rebellion.

I'm playing Republic in SWTOR. While I love everything about Mandalorians, I play for PvP first.
I have been playing for a month. I deserve a level 50, full Battlemaster gear and the epic mount that you looted from Soa. I will get this all in 1.2 because I am the 99%