Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invasion participation only startable by guildleader character is a bit odd

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Invasion participation only startable by guildleader character is a bit odd

Joesixxpack
08.29.2014 , 07:50 AM | #21
I didn't find any suggestion threads on this so made one. Feel free to make noise for or against.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...62#post7639562
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Joesixxpack
08.29.2014 , 08:48 AM | #22
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

XavinNydek
08.29.2014 , 09:01 AM | #23
Based on my limited testing, "invading" doesn't actually have anything to do with where your ship is, or the stronghold system. There is an "Invade" button on the planet name in the conquest UI, and I invaded Balmorra this week while the ship was still at Makeb. Later I moved it to Balmorra with no ill consequences. I'm not going to risk losing our points by testing moving it away right now, but I can verify that you don't lose points by just moving the drop location on planet. My gut tells me the ship can be moved anywhere and it doesn't matter, but I'll test for sure next week.

The bottom line here is that I don't think they can tie an invasion permission to keys. It would have to be a new general permission, and they have been pretty hesitant to add those. There are quite a few things only the the GM can do.

xeikonburns
09.01.2014 , 05:10 AM | #24
@Bioware - any response ?
Meister Roizan | Meister Shian'za | Major Dharane | Captain Syranio
Darth Xeikon | CdgJ Ozario | Agent Jarican | Ryozan

Gildenleiter von EPIC - www.projekt-epic.de - T3-M4
REKRUTIERUNG OFFEN

Gun_Kitty
09.01.2014 , 08:29 AM | #25
I really do hope this issue gets resolved. Guild leader should be able to pass along whatever privileges to their officers however they seem fit.
our guild leader gave me permission to move our ship for the last conquest, I was able to move the ship, however starting conquest was never given to me as an option. and being that I thought I had permission to start the conquest I thought the whole thing was bug, so I attempted to move the ship to other nodes on the planet, and still nothing. so I moved it to other planets. Still nothing. this whole moving of the ship cost 90k credits or so. not that big of a deal, but still a loss none the less because the devs failed to acknowledge to players that only guild leaders can start conquest.
I even went to the point of submitting a ticket about the matter, and I got an interesting response.

"Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center."

so I would recommend that we all submit this issue as a bug report.

SciFiGeekette
09.02.2014 , 10:06 AM | #26
Total deal-breaker! Please fix this devs. Thought the Gold Key was supposed to allow this ability. Really messes things up for guilds who's GL can't login Tuesday morning.
The Slackerette Legacy
Xtraordinary Slackers Web site
"Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle." - Samantha Carter

xeikonburns
09.03.2014 , 03:53 AM | #27
So once again, conquest started while i was at work and as plus had an appointment in the evening - which left my guildmates with 8 hours without any bonus provided by invasion.
And with them already running the heroics on voss or crafting like insane before i could start the invasion, thats a simple loss of around 75'000 (!!!!!!!) Conquest Points provided by the bonus - only due to a totally weird decision made @BioWare ...

Please fix that mess !

REKRUTIERUNG OFFEN

Olicc
09.08.2014 , 12:29 AM | #28
Sigh!

Our guild needs this as well. The guild leader doesn't always have the ideal schedule or play time to invade as early as possible to maximize points. This is an unnecessary disadvantage. There needs to be some way to delegate being able to invade.
Olicc / Noah
"The Rahzurr Legacy"
Guild Leader
Dominus Nihil

EPCOT
09.09.2014 , 10:19 PM | #29
Our Guild is suffering from this as well. Our GM is not able to get on until late in the evening on Tuesdays. As such, we basically lose a whole day of progress. Even if our "points" are added after the invasion, and I don't know if they are or not, you lose out on the planetary bonuses for different objectives. This should be a NO BRAINER. Put in a setting that allows the GM to select at least one or two people that can also start an Invasion.

xeikonburns
09.10.2014 , 07:42 AM | #30
So once a week a little bump ...

And devs its still a big issue, so if youve overseen it --- we have a litte discussion in the german community support board going -> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=763329

REKRUTIERUNG OFFEN