Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invasion participation only startable by guildleader character is a bit odd

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Invasion participation only startable by guildleader character is a bit odd

xeikonburns
08.27.2014 , 03:31 AM | #1
Hey there Devs,
yesterday i noticed that the invasion participation on a given planet is only startable with the character that owns guildmaster rights not by my officers or even my own alts (which own exactly the same permissions as the guildmaster char except beeing the real "guildmaster")

Even if it's no problem for my guildies to wait until i start the event after returning home from work, i see problems with beeing on vacation and such - which would mean, if i'm off for holidays the guild could not participate in the invasion until i return. And even though it's possible to give guildleader position to one of my officers as long as i'm away, i really don't think that should be the only possible way, nor is this solution really elegant ...

Why isn't there any setting or guild permission to allow my officers (and my alts) to start the event ?

Will something like that be offered in the future ?
Meister Roizan | Meister Shian'za | Major Dharane | Captain Syranio
Darth Xeikon | CdgJ Ozario | Agent Jarican | Ryozan

Gildenleiter von Finally Fixed - www.finally-fixed.de - T3-M4
REKRUTIERUNG OFFEN

boldee
08.27.2014 , 04:12 AM | #2
I was looking to see if this option had been implemented to the rank permissions my self last night, in my opinion this is a crucial feature for all the reasons stated by the op.
Primus Nova Swtor Resources
Primus Nova/Nova Squadron guild website

hillerbees
08.27.2014 , 04:40 AM | #3
/signed

Its not fair on guild leaders and its not fair on guild members to be restricted in this way...surely this could be easily fixed very quickly.

Fleurdelis
08.27.2014 , 05:05 AM | #4
Agree. There needs to be an option to let officers begin conquest.
Server - Harbinger
Imp: The Dark Times
Pub: Guardians of Peace and Justice

ACMessiah
08.27.2014 , 05:29 AM | #5
I agree too. I was away for work Monday/Tuesday so had to hand over leadership for those days. I completely trust the people I can do that with, but would rather just give them access to do it at their rank (officer).

Papazmurf
08.27.2014 , 08:28 AM | #6
I never use these forums but this issue was enough for me to come in and agree with op.

We had a real life example with this problem yesterday. Our guild leader gave me permissions for the ship, so I moved it to the planet we wanted to invade and setup orbital support. Our entire guild was looking for the bonus but we got nothing. Our guild leader has not logged in since the beginning of the week and sometimes doesn't have time to come online. He bank rolls and manages things, but clearly if only the leader can start invasion that is a problem, one that my guild is experiencing right now.

Even if the current bonuses for conquest that we've gained get added to the score, we still missed out on the double or triple points bonuses those planets give.

Hopefully they change the way this is implemented, life happens and for one person only to be able to start this awesome new feature is a bit shortsighted.
Already a subscriber or new to the game? Click my referral code here for 7 FREE days of subscription time, one FREE character server transfer, and a starter bundle to help you in your quests!
My actual referral code is located at the URL below. Click it for rewards!
http://www.swtor.com/r/n59bmb

Levram
08.27.2014 , 09:07 AM | #7
The problem the developers are trying to prevent, I imagine, is having a miscommunication or mistaken assumption result in the wrong planet being invaded by a guild. The fact that once you commit to invading a planet, you are locked in for the entire week means that one mistake could mess up hundreds of players' week in the game if it's a large guild.

Being able to assign driving or decorating privileges to officers is not equivalent as any decisions made there are instantly reversible.

If it is absolutely critical that the invasion decision is made within hours of the lockout reset, have your Guildmaster log into their toon for one minute before they go to work in the morning to click the button. If they are going on vacation, have them pass leadership to their most trusted officer.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

TUXs
08.27.2014 , 09:10 AM | #8
This is most certainly a major issue that needs to be resolved.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Cernow
08.27.2014 , 09:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
The problem the developers are trying to prevent, I imagine, is having a miscommunication or mistaken assumption result in the wrong planet being invaded by a guild. The fact that once you commit to invading a planet, you are locked in for the entire week means that one mistake could mess up hundreds of players' week in the game if it's a large guild.

Being able to assign driving or decorating privileges to officers is not equivalent as any decisions made there are instantly reversible.

If it is absolutely critical that the invasion decision is made within hours of the lockout reset, have your Guildmaster log into their toon for one minute before they go to work in the morning to click the button. If they are going on vacation, have them pass leadership to their most trusted officer.
If someone is guildmaster of a guild who cannot trust their officers to initiate a conquest invasion correctly, then I doubt they'd want to hand guild leadership to them either! Passing leadership is hardly a viable solution.

Also, what might be "before you go to work" for one time zone will be a different time of day in another time zone. for example, conquest reset time is 12:00 GMT / UTC in EU.

So, this needs patching so that officers can initiate invasion (if the guild leader wishes to delegate).

Darth_Wicked
08.27.2014 , 09:48 AM | #10
"Odd" is an understatement. It's quite frankly dumb.

If the Guild Master is able to allow privileges to whatever Guild rank they deem to, why not allow the same for Guild Ships? Such a strange oversight to say the least.