Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: August 26th, 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ServerDroid
08.25.2014 , 04:17 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
On August 26th, all game servers will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. Patch 2.9b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday, August 26th, 2014
Duration: 2 hours
Time: 3AM PST (10AM GMT) - 5AM PST (12PM GMT)

After maintenance, there will not be a new patch to download.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Jerba
08.25.2014 , 04:18 PM | #2
Wow, that is a short notice for a Tuesday patch. Anyway, nice to hear the devs are serious about fixing all the bugs introduced with 2.9. Patch notes please!
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Reno_Tarshil
08.25.2014 , 04:32 PM | #3
Notes pl0x?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Darth_Wicked
08.25.2014 , 04:34 PM | #4
Probably to fix the unintended low cap for the new rep, plus the old emotes that got broken with last week's patch. The former is most likely the top priority though.

SylvaeDragon
08.25.2014 , 05:23 PM | #5
...also, legacy titles maybe?
...because we're human.

BuriDogshin
08.25.2014 , 05:49 PM | #6
Since there are no patch notes, it is probably to fix an exploit, possibly one they discovered in the Conquest system while reviewing the top scores.
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.

I_LUV_CHICKN
08.25.2014 , 06:24 PM | #7
Hopefully this fixes my issue with trying to install the game from patch 2.9a. hoping this works...

DarthVengeant
08.25.2014 , 11:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
Since there are no patch notes, it is probably to fix an exploit, possibly one they discovered in the Conquest system while reviewing the top scores.
This weeks conquest did indeed have a exploit for it, and wouldn't you know it, one of the most notorious cheat/exploit guilds won a planet by a significant point margin. WOOK. Surprise Surprise.

Verain
08.26.2014 , 12:57 AM | #9
Outstanding bugs that I know of: (that I'm hoping are fixed in the patch in a few hours)

1)- If I log off in someone's stronghold, I can be locked out of logging back in unless that person is online and on that character. The GMs will not transport you, so you just go days without logging in.

2)- Sabotage does not function if the Tier 5 - LEFT upgrade is selected (target is slowed). Without T5 upgrade it works, and with T5 RIGHT upgrade (slower regen) it functions. Note that this isn't about the T5 upgrade on the left not functioning- if you select this upgrade, it breaks the entire component. This bug predates the GSH patch.

3)- Plasma Railgun, Sabotage Probe, and EMP missile all have their duration bugged. The tooltips truncate and leave off valuable information, and claim that they deal their damage over time (or that their effects happen) in zero seconds. This is just a tooltip bug from whatever is wrong with the XML, but it is an issue.

4)- Ion Missile had a nerf to its top component tier, the duration went from 12 seconds to 6. This was changed in the tooltip and duration, so it could well be intended, but it was not in the patch notes (and IMO this component is rarely seen and not considered an issue by anyone- it seems a VERY odd nerf candidate).

5)- EMP field did not change a tooltip, but is now 3000 radius instead of the former 4500. This also has no patch notes, and could much more easily be a bug.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Icestar
08.26.2014 , 02:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
This weeks conquest did indeed have a exploit for it, and wouldn't you know it, one of the most notorious cheat/exploit guilds won a planet by a significant point margin. WOOK. Surprise Surprise.
Lets hope they act on exploiters, it really ruins the fun when someone cheats to gain advantages.