Aisthesis

Nomaad

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Aisthesis, Lazram here. It was one helluva fight, but in the end (the very end) you guys pulled it off. So BIG Congratulations. It was one helluva fight.

One thing we did get out of this though is a good bit of guild solidarity. Strangers became friends, grudges were dropped, and just about everyone knows everyone now. Its really a blessed thing. I hope you all saw a similar benefit.

So once again, thanks for a great competition. You earned your victory!

~Laz

Now we just need to pick different planets from each other and watch the galaxy crumble :cool:

While the numbers put up were quite impressive I think they were driven by one another. We had taken the foot of the gas pedal a bit until 13th Legion came from nowhere to overtake us. We didn't want to push too hard if there wasn't a close race so we could save materials. I don't know if we could have reached he 10mil point if necessary, but we sure weren't going to try unless we had to :D

Special shout-out right back at everyone in Veritas. I'm hugely exhausted and I don't think there are any grade 2 or 3 mats of any type left on the entire server… You guys ran a great race. It was insane seeing all the back and forth as each side pushed the other harder and harder. I look forward to a more relaxed pace next week. Something that doesn't involve an all-nighter the day of!

As per our arrangement, you pick your planet first in tomorrow's selection, Veritas! We'll wait to see you committed before we choose our target. Best of luck to your unfortunate competition. (they're going to need it) ;-)

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Congraduations on your victory from the Ordnance branch of Veritas. I look forward to another duel at another time when everyone has recovered. So goodluck on your next conquest planet, and to everyone else that particpated in the event from all the guilds.

Only thing I saw Veritas doing last night was win trading in ranked, heard something was up. Did a /who and all except two were in the same ranked games win trading. Had some friends tell me they went in to check it out, ran into a group of 4 PvE geared sorcs. Kept queueing and Veritas members did /stuck....

Way to keep it classy Veritas... way to keep it classy. :p "Oh but there is no rating now. It doesn't matter."

It's the principle, you're still win trading to cheese coms.

At least back during 8v8 you guys TRIED to do something, this however is pathetic. lol As a pvper, any respect I had for you guys is gone. lol

Only thing I saw Veritas doing last night was win trading in ranked, heard something was up. Did a /who and all except two were in the same ranked games win trading. Had some friends tell me they went in to check it out, ran into a group of 4 PvE geared sorcs. Kept queueing and Veritas members did /stuck....

Way to keep it classy Veritas... way to keep it classy. :p "Oh but there is no rating now. It doesn't matter."

At least back during 8v8 you guys TRIED to do something, this however is pathetic. lol As a pvper, any respect I had for you guys is gone. lol

It's definately true that some of our members where doing ranked and unranked last night and they have no gear what so ever to be doing ranked. I know that they had a few matchs in ranked where they beat Republic teams and Imperial teams that also where queing. It was when they went up against Guriellia and Silent Council they stood no chance to compete at that skill level of play much like most pvp players choose not to compete in pve content because they hate scripts. It also brings back the point I made in another forum about how the point system is screwy and needs to be looked at because it favors crafter / pvp heavy guilds for ability to earn points alot faster then the actual conquest because of time to raid and 1 time kills.

The way the conquest objectives were designed, the fastest points come from warzones, and the fastest warzones are arenas. Thus, we had several people queuing ranked, ready to face whomever else was in the queue. We did win some of the matches against non-Veritas groups, by the way. Yes, there was a point when due to people coming and going we ended up with sub-optimal teams, and we had some inexperienced and undergeared players out there, but we were not interested in comms and we told everyone to fight as hard as they could. It's probably true that some people did /stuck when they were about to die to speed things up, but to my knowledge no one simply didn't try to fight; if they did, that is not representative of what the guild values or expects of its members.

I agree that it's not -just- about the ratings, but we absolutely would not have put out so many inexperienced teams if this was a regular season. That said, I hope that the designers learn from this experience and provide more equitable options for conquest points in the future. It's silly that you can only get points for up to 3 flashpoints per day, but unlimited warzones.

The way the conquest objectives were designed, the fastest points come from warzones, and the fastest warzones are arenas. Thus, we had several people queuing ranked, ready to face whomever else was in the queue. We did win some of the matches against non-Veritas groups, by the way. Yes, there was a point when due to people coming and going we ended up with sub-optimal teams, and we had some inexperienced and undergeared players out there, but we were not interested in comms and we told everyone to fight as hard as they could. It's probably true that some people did /stuck when they were about to die to speed things up, but to my knowledge no one simply didn't try to fight; if they did, that is not representative of what the guild values or expects of its members.

I agree that it's not -just- about the ratings, but we absolutely would not have put out so many inexperienced teams if this was a regular season. That said, I hope that the designers learn from this experience and provide more equitable options for conquest points in the future. It's silly that you can only get points for up to 3 flashpoints per day, but unlimited warzones.

So you're openly admitting to going in, regardless of gear or skill, going against each other and /stucking against any team that might cause some competition? No, people didn't fight hard, they gave up the moment anything came along and then get patted on the back for winning a race they didn't even try for?

Even if you're not after coms, you're cheesing conquest points to the extreme. You're doing it in off hours that no one is on, it was 5 AM when I heard about it on West Coast time. There's no one on at that time hardly at all, perfect hour to cheese your points, just saying that you're "Trying to make it easier?" so to speak?

Was Aisthesis doing the same thing in the solo queue? Am I the only one finding this a bit messed up?? Nobody earned anything. lol

Sorry but that just makes me sad... *sigh...*

So you're openly admitting to going in, regardless of gear or skill, going against each other and /stucking against any team that might cause some competition? No, people didn't fight hard, they gave up the moment anything came along and then get patted on the back for winning a race they didn't even try for?

Even if you're not after coms, you're cheesing conquest points to the extreme. You're doing it in off hours that no one is on, it was 5 AM when I heard about it on West Coast time. There's no one on at that time hardly at all, perfect hour to cheese your points, just saying that you're "Trying to make it easier?" so to speak?

Was Aisthesis doing the same thing in the solo queue? Am I the only one finding this a bit messed up?? Nobody earned anything. lol

Sorry but that just makes me sad... *sigh...*

We were queuing most of the day AND night, we didn't just start in off hours to avoid competition -- we stayed in until right before the 8 AM deadline because we have dedicated people who were pushing until the very end to try to win. Again, if you can show me that someone from Veritas did not put up a fight, I will personally deal with it since that is not acceptable behavior.

We were queuing most of the day AND night, we didn't just start in off hours to avoid competition -- we stayed in until right before the 8 AM deadline because we have dedicated people who were pushing until the very end to try to win. Again, if you can show me that someone from Veritas did not put up a fight, I will personally deal with it since that is not acceptable behavior.

Speak with people from Nemesis and a few others, they could tell you names if you want them.