Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

when is the stronghold lag being fixed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
when is the stronghold lag being fixed?

Orizuru
08.25.2014 , 06:42 AM | #21
I'm just happy to hear it isn't just me. When I noticed a problem that wasn't being discussed relentlessly in general chat I thought I was just having a problem with my network. lol

btmart
08.25.2014 , 08:01 AM | #22
Yes there is definitely lag. I've noticed once the stronghold message clears (which you have to run around to make go away.. needs to be on a timer), things tend to work a little better. Also the range of access to the kiosks is a lot shorter, so you have to be a lot closer to them to get them to work, despite the mouse icon turning yellow to let you know you are in range.

MillionsKNives
08.25.2014 , 08:26 AM | #23
This was really frustrating me as well. I was noticing that using any of the UI was really slow. Opening my inventory would take over a second, listing my items on the GTN was also incredibly slow. Transferring my items between banks as well was incredibly laggy.

I've been using Nar Shaddaa because it's faction neutral and means I only have to buy the utility decorations once instead of for both Coruscant and Drommund Kaas. If it's really just Nar Shaddaa I may just bite the bullet and buy Tatooine.

Quote: Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
I live in the US, there is no better internet available.
Hahahahahaha, no. It's not even close. The US is woefully lacking behind on internet in comparison to many other countries.

Master_Hitsugaya
08.25.2014 , 09:09 AM | #24
My stronghold is crazy fast so no lag at all.
Sammycakes-Jedi Sentinal
Sammycake-Powertech
Sammycakez-Sniper
Lordsammycakes-Sorcerer

Master_Hitsugaya
08.25.2014 , 09:12 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Knorlac View Post
I guess this is the reason we can't have the NPC limit increased...GTN openes a few ms slower than on fleet and players already scream OMG FIX IT NAO BW!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Will still give it a try on my NS stronghold come primetime.
Dude where is the ea reference. Ause any oil thing is obviously cause of their greed.
Sammycakes-Jedi Sentinal
Sammycake-Powertech
Sammycakez-Sniper
Lordsammycakes-Sorcerer

Edzew
08.25.2014 , 09:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by watermelonfan View Post
I am very disappointed with the lag with legacy strongholds, cargo holds, and gtn. Whenever I try to move items in my cargo hold or legacy stronghold in my personal stronghold, It takes up to five seconds for it to process. When I use the GTN in my stronghold I have to click the search button up to ten times. Some times I have to close the entire gtn or cargo gold tab just to get it working. This Is really annoying. In my opinion this defeats the purpose of having a stronghold. The convenience of having all the utilities all in one spot is the only thing I care about.

And no it is not my computer or internet that's the problem. When I use the GTN or cargo hold on the fleet this lag is non-existent. Since I am the only player in my personal stronghold, I expect it to be lag free just like the fleet that has nearly 200 players. This glitch should have been resolved before it went live on the live servers. I don't care if it would have taken an extra 2 months to fix. I would rather wait for good quality instead of getting poor quality sooner and then be disappointed .

Bioware Please fix this as soon as possible. This is very frustrating and degrading. This issue never should have made it to the live servers. Please hire a quality assurance team. Or atleast test it your self. You make plenty of money from cool cartel market items and ones that you stole from crafters
now i haven't noticed anything with my storage or gtn but im not saying its NOT there B^P i have noticed a lag in my mail and with the doors of my strongholds, also with the loading of items in my stronghold. i am constantly running into doors having to back up and go forward again for the doors to open... sometimes the doors still don't open B^P
Click Here for a free inventory slot!!!

Jerba
08.25.2014 , 09:28 AM | #27
I also noticed some lag in the strongholds at prime time, but it was still playable, just a little bit more latency than usual. The last thing we need is to have the hook and NPCs limits decreased even further, so I hope this only occurs because everyone is anxious to try out strongholds, and will disappear by itself over time as people finish decorating their strongholds.

Arkerus
08.25.2014 , 09:42 AM | #28
I don't experience the issue. Could be something about the way you have yours constructed. An issue perhaps, on the backend?
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Propecius
08.25.2014 , 10:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I don't experience the issue. Could be something about the way you have yours constructed. An issue perhaps, on the backend?
I didnt' notice any GSH lag last week, but over the weekend it got pretty bad. That could mean it was caused by a large number of users online at the same time (their network bandwidth got filled up), or possibly the servers running the stronghold instances were running out of resources (memory and CPU).

Hopefully as we go forward, they will be able to size their server and network resources to fit the demand. This was the first weekend since the release of strongholds, after all, so having some trouble isn't unexpected. As people get their strongholds decorated and the novelty wears off, there won't be as many instanced GSHes running at the same time.

Remember the queues at launch? Oy!

Slightrider
08.25.2014 , 10:19 AM | #30
I had a little lag over the weekend....only because I was playing tethered to a 3g phone

Still only peaked at 95ms
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI