Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strongholds prestige points is lame and misleading

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Strongholds prestige points is lame and misleading

JonnyRay
08.26.2014 , 10:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by puntmobile View Post
On a related note, I crafted the mats and placed a ruddy great big patrol ship on the landing pad. Looks awesome! but I got the same prestige points as if I'd stuck a feckin chair on the pad. That's a bit daft.
I think this illustrates the primary problem with prestige. If everything is equal, how do you distinguish between someone with 100 plain metal chairs and 100 items which are difficult to obtain (trophies, rare/difficult crafts/etc). IIRC, the conquest bonus is for "completeness" which is simply about how full the SH is. By assigning more prestige points to items which are more difficult to obtain, you'll start to thin out the people who filled up with junk and those who put some effort into it.

Put an up/down vote (as something we can filter/sort on, not as an effect on prestige score) and we'll get the ideas pretty quickly which houses are worth visiting.

Tech_Greek
08.26.2014 , 11:01 AM | #22
Simple fix:

Base it on the base unlock prestige of unique items in the stronghold plus any additional (example, first chair is 100, second is 2). They actually have to be placed, none of this just in your inventory stuff.

yoomazir
09.06.2014 , 10:23 AM | #23
Bump, come on, placing 50 chairs so you can have 100% SH completion for the conquest bonus? What the hell Bioware, I try to make mines pretty and have maybe 60% completion max...

KEKHAN
09.06.2014 , 11:55 AM | #24
/Agree. My Stronghold is just about "50%" but in my opinion it's done. I'll add some cool stuff as it's released but my Sith are not Jawas. Less is more!

Jamus_Divinus
09.06.2014 , 12:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Or at least an ignore option so that I can remove those ugly junk collections to no longer show up for me.
Problem solved!

Seriously, adding a 'ignore stronghold' option would mean you'd only ever enter a 'conquest SH' once. Actually a simple and elegant solution imo.

P.S. Why do people intentionally open up their SH's to the public when it's clear it's being used solely to bump up the conquest bonus? The default setting is private...they intentionally make them public...let them be 'ignored' I say.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
1,000,000,000+ Mounts:262/270 Pets:225/241
Achievement points:44250 Ships mastered: 24/24

OddballEasyEight
09.07.2014 , 07:45 AM | #26
Actually, it's not about the prestige points.

It's about the % completion.

For the first two weeks of conquest I just crammed my SH's full of crap.

Why?

To get a better conquest % bonus of course!

I had decorated my Nar Shaddaa stronghold beautifully, but it was only at around 50%... And I was having trouble getting my DK and Coruscant strongholds above 40% decorating them the way I wanted.

So I just crammed everything in there to get 100% on my DK & Coruscant strongholds and 70+% on my Nar Shadda one (not all rooms unlocked yet) so I could get a better conquest bonus.

I didn't list them publically but still...

I think this is why most people do this... not to get on the top of the prestige list, but to get a better conquest bonus.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

DataBeaver
09.07.2014 , 10:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I think this is why most people do this... not to get on the top of the prestige list, but to get a better conquest bonus.
Possibly. But as an earlier poster noted, the default visibility setting is private, these people have to intentionally make their junk heaps public. And since they probably aren't very proud of their creations (I hope), that leaves getting to the top of the list as the reason.

I'm somewhat guilty of filling my strongholds with stuff to get a higher conquest bonus. In my case it's mostly trophies, since there are heaps of those trivially available and they don't block actual decorations too much. I also haven't made any of my strongholds public yet.

Twin
09.07.2014 , 10:08 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Actually, it's not about the prestige points.

It's about the % completion.

For the first two weeks of conquest I just crammed my SH's full of crap.

Why?

To get a better conquest % bonus of course!

I had decorated my Nar Shaddaa stronghold beautifully, but it was only at around 50%... And I was having trouble getting my DK and Coruscant strongholds above 40% decorating them the way I wanted.

So I just crammed everything in there to get 100% on my DK & Coruscant strongholds and 70+% on my Nar Shadda one (not all rooms unlocked yet) so I could get a better conquest bonus.

I didn't list them publically but still...

Yeah, this is it ofc.

Im so glad BW chose to go with the railroad hooksystem instead of Free Placement, since they were so afraid players wouldn't be able to line up stuff and decorate properly otherwise...

This entire system is crap and offer absolutly No diversity or variety. Binding completion to conquest bonus is just...i dont even...
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

DataBeaver
09.07.2014 , 10:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
This entire system is crap and offer absolutly No diversity or variety.
Limited as the hook system might be, this is just not true. There are still hundreds of different decorations to choose from, and thousands of ways in which to put them together. Any lack of diversity or variety is just because people lack imagination. Or, like you, they see the hook system and won't even bother to try.

Just take a look at these three strongholds on tor-decorating.com. Short of Bioware giving us tools to design our own room shapes and decoration objects, I find it hard to imagine how those could be any more different, hooks or not.

OddballEasyEight
09.07.2014 , 11:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Yeah, this is it ofc.

Im so glad BW chose to go with the railroad hooksystem instead of Free Placement, since they were so afraid players wouldn't be able to line up stuff and decorate properly otherwise...

This entire system is crap and offer absolutly No diversity or variety. Binding completion to conquest bonus is just...i dont even...
Take your rants elsewhere, they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Go away.

As for why people list them, it might be for the achievements of having a certain number of people in their strongholds at once.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.