Bioware... please remove decorations from PvP!

Glower

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn 2 Teach?

Seriously, I'll never understand some people. All we ever here is about how PvP is dead but whenever new people start to queue up it's always "How can we stop them?"

100% agree with you. Take them under your wing and help them out. If they aren't receptive then it's their loss, but those are rare cases.

Learn 2 Teach?

Seriously, I'll never understand some people. All we ever here is about how PvP is dead but whenever new people start to queue up it's always "How can we stop them?"

There's a difference between making a genuine effort and aiming to improve both skill and gear and just messing around so you can get points for conquests and comms for decorations. No one wants to be stuck with a premade consiting of four 40K commandos.

I think we should launch a counter attack and queue PvE stuff in 10K gear. Heal me, ******!

Edited by MidichIorian

There's a difference between making a genuine effort and aiming to improve both skill and gear and just messing around so you can get points for conquests and comms for decorations. No one wants to be stuck with a premade consiting of four 40K commandos.

I think we should launch a counter attack and queue PvE stuff in 10K gear. Heal me, ******!

Except PVE votekicking is actually effective.

Heaven forbid more pvp'er enter the pool. As long as their not just sitting in a corner stealthed you should be encouraging people to start pvp'ing. How good were you when you first started pvp'ing in swtor?

Well I'd think most had spent years doing pvp in other games wow, daoc, war. Learning to pvp shouldnt be done in endgame pvp warzones.

Well I'd think most had spent years doing pvp in other games wow, daoc, war. Learning to pvp shouldnt be done in endgame pvp warzones.

a) better late then never

b) actually regular warzones are pretty much for exactly that, just there are no ranked warzones and arenas stink.

Funnily enough, this is pretty much what some friends and I were thinking last night after a string of back-to-back games of getting 38k sorcs and 39k snipers on our team. With all the PvE'ers joining WZ's simply to get decorations/conquest points we joked about the idea of joining HM raids in our PvP gear to return the favor. Probably won't happen but it's an amusing idea to toy with.

Who's talking about SM? If any ops are going to be messed with might as well start with HM.

Out of sheer curiosity....please tell me how you'd go about infilitrating a HM ops group and messing with people.

I'd love to hear it.

Funnily enough, this is pretty much what some friends and I were thinking last night after a string of back-to-back games of getting 38k sorcs and 39k snipers on our team.

PLZ carry me in my 158 oberon gear. No 30k HP is NOT too low. Don't tell me how to play, you can just shut the hell up. No I'm not wearing that crappy pve gear, mah leet pvp stuffs looks sexy. I'm just here for the decorations.

*proceeds to break mezzes on elites and aggro's whole rooms at a time*

:rak_04:

While I sort of agree with the premise, IDK i'm kinda waffling. I have my free strong hold and while I'm not an interior decorator nor to I enjoy playing a decorating simulator, I wouldn't mind filling it with some stuff. I'm defiantly not going to grind pve or crafting to get crap though. So as a pvp'er, I don't mind us getting some unique decorations just from pvp. But then we're back to square one again. Damn pve'ers ruining it for everyone!!!. First it's the valor 60 battlemaster helmets, then the relics now the SH decorations! :p

I too like that WZ's are popping more frequently but please, please, PLEASE take off that 180 gear. You have 900 expertise and end up with 75k damage, 0 kills and 10-15 deaths. You're killing the rest of your team. Please have the same consideration you expect in raids.

Edited by Ridickilis

Please have the same consideration you expect in raids.

This. Really I think this is all that most of the PvP community is asking for. I for one don't really care if the person isn't the greatest sorc healer/sniper dps on the server or not, I just don't want 800 expertise 41k HP deadweights on my team that essentially make it a 7v8, even worse when I get an entire four man premade of these people on my team and my inc call goes totally ignored and I lose the off-node because 3v1.

Sigh

valor rank 80 - 100 then

Raising the valor won't help, it will actually hurt as it will keep them pvping in pve gear longer to hit such valor requirements. IE see the battlemaster issue a year ago when fresh 50's with zero valor pvp'ing to get that crafted item.

How about any gear check above the top pvp gear rating will disqualify for any eward. So if you're not in pvp gear or 148's or something, no decoration for you. As simple as a message when you load into a pvp zone that you gear is insufficient (like a message I got on a toon that still had war hero relics) and add that you won't receive any awards.

Edited by Ridickilis

Ah this PvP forum: "Where logic goes to die a slow painful death in obscurity"

So we have a part of the game that has been suffering for a long time, with a general lack of interest from the average player. Where the top tier is suffering to such an extent, that even the developers has officially acknowledged that it isn't working how they'd like it to work.

And then when they implement a feature that actually makes allot more people play this part of the game again, and what's the first thing to happen? The people who has been playing said part of the game beforehand starts complaining about new people comming in their? part of the game, even though it could ultimately end this suffering, and demand that Bioware reverts this change? You guys want the PvP in this game to continue being an obscure niche that the majority of people either isn't interested in at all or only participate in to get the relics?

Getting more people playing PvP and hopefully also along the way interested in PvP as a part of their "gaming habit", is the only way to make PvP a significant part of the SWToR-experience. Bioware is on the right track with trying to "lure" people in with other things than simply PvP'ing for the sake of PvP (especially when their PvP-content is entirely bland and generic with nothing other than "point-grinding" in warzones and arenas to offer)

Ah this PvP forum: "Where logic goes to die a slow painful death in obscurity"

Exactly. Like people showing up and posting in a thread without reading it first.

No one is saying "we don't want you pvp'ing". If you had read the rest of the sentence you'd understand that there is an "in that pve gear" at the end of it.

And then when they implement a feature that actually makes allot more people play

Um dude.. that's the whole issue.

Typically these people queuing up DO NOT WANT TO PLAY. They go AFK at a node, or rock up in PvE gear with absolutely no intention of ever grinding out a proper set so they can be competitive. They are simply taking a spot from people who actually want to contribute and spending their comms on decorations. That is the issue.

It would be like me rocking up in 55 greens to do hardmode ops for decorations.