Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Add Alts as Decorations please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Add Alts as Decorations please!

Pietrastor
08.24.2014 , 05:16 AM | #1
It it just silly how we can tickle our alts' pets, admire their parked speeders, wave to their (unfortunately holo-only...) companions and almost everything else but we can't meet our own alts that are suppoused to be from the same Family sharing the same Stronghold. Why has this obvious option not been implemented from start? Clearly the game can already pull alt looks from the database, we see it in Family Tree so I definitely don't see why we can't have our own characters as Decorations.

Please fix it Bioware! Just don't make them "holo-alts", we want the entire legacy to hang out together at the same time. Use the hologram only in the instance where a character that has been placed as a Decoration is logged in the Stronghold at the given time.

MooseUpNorth
08.24.2014 , 05:34 AM | #2
I'd second this. I'd love to see alts about the compound(s), starships, or guild halls.

Kenjigreat
08.24.2014 , 05:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
It it just silly how we can tickle our alts' pets, admire their parked speeders, wave to their (unfortunately holo-only...) companions and almost everything else but we can't meet our own alts that are suppoused to be from the same Family sharing the same Stronghold. Why has this obvious option not been implemented from start? Clearly the game can already pull alt looks from the database, we see it in Family Tree so I definitely don't see why we can't have our own characters as Decorations.

Please fix it Bioware! Just don't make them "holo-alts", we want the entire legacy to hang out together at the same time. Use the hologram only in the instance where a character that has been placed as a Decoration is logged in the Stronghold at the given time.
I would totally decorate my apartement if I could put my 3 Marauders and Sentinel in 1 room

mazterblade
08.24.2014 , 11:58 AM | #4
agreed!

Pietrastor
08.26.2014 , 06:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MooseUpNorth View Post
I'd second this. I'd love to see alts about the compound(s), starships, or guild halls.
Alts on starships would be great too. THough given that there are no hooks and they said too many cutscenes happen there to add hooks, I doubt it will happen. In strongholds though it appears to be an extremly simply addition though

LordArtemis
08.26.2014 , 06:59 PM | #6
I think that all companions should be inactive statues instead of active npcs, and displayed frozen in whatever gear they are wearing at the time. In order to update the look, you would remove the decoration and then replace it.

The same could be done for Alts, so you could have statues of your current characters to display with the current gear. They could even go so far as to place you in the "weapon drawn" pose or idle pose, depending on your preference.

I think they should be gray instead of full color. Just my slant.

Pietrastor
08.26.2014 , 07:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I think they should be gray instead of full color. Just my slant.
Gray? that's just as bad as holo. The main reason people wanted companions and alts in strongholds was to make it more alive and enhance lore/RPing experience, have Mako and Qyzen sip tea while discussing their latest hunting expenditions etc. Same with alts. You can't exactly "hang out" with holo alt, and holo-Mako won't be sipping tea with Qyzen.

Aravail
08.26.2014 , 11:02 PM | #8
Definitely second this. It would be awesome to be able to place our other characters in our strongholds; they are, after all, 'legacy' strongholds and this would really make them feel like a true base of operations. I suppose the difficult part would be deactivating the replica of whichever character you're currently on, but that could probably be overcome with some simple coding. It might take a little bit of work to add the system to the game, but I definitely think it would be worth the design effort.
The Remnants of Hope
www.remnantsofhope.com
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Ranked playlists, Warzones, Boss fights, Video Guides, and more!

thewatcheruatu
08.27.2014 , 10:11 AM | #9
This would be my number one most wanted feature for strongholds. If they could do one thing and one thing only, I would want them to do this.

Displaying companions is all well and good (though I'm not doing it, because of pet limit and the fact they turn into holograms), but I spend the most time focusing on my player characters. I go through the trouble of designing them in the character creator. I spend countless hours picking out just the right armor pieces, right down to the bracers, sometimes dying different pieces individually in order to get a specific look. As a result of how the story and voice acting connect you with your characters, I'm more proud of them than I am of anything else I've accomplished in game.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation

SentinelDranoel
08.27.2014 , 11:09 AM | #10
This should be added. I wonder if anyone can get Bioware to even acknowledge it as an idea.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.