Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A sneak peek from James Ohlen

Crittcann
12.23.2011 , 05:43 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabster View Post
Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.
Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.
Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.
Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)
Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.
It's not magic, they don't cross their arms and blink their eyes and stuff is fixed. PTR shows bug fix progressions, post comments their for bugs. This is a thread for upcoming content, not released content or bugs.

Malaroko
12.23.2011 , 05:44 PM | #42
While I agree that bugs are probably a separate department than content, I am somewhat disappointed in the number of bugs given the extremely lengthy beta.

More to what I'd like to hear about: UI MODS. When are we going to open this up? The stock UI isn't great, but the total lack of options for it is pathetic.

And before people start griping about addons, I'm not talking about meters or boss mods, just the ability to change the position, size, and ideally transparency of various UI components (and for the love of god add target of target). If you think it's ezmode or gamebreaking or unfair that I have bigger buff/debuff icons and I've moved my quickbars to somewhere I find easier to glance to and my operations frame is split up so I can keep a better eye on my heal responsibilities, I think you need to chill.

StephenReid
12.23.2011 , 05:58 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamatic View Post
I dont know, new stuff already 1 month after game release is too soon imo. Id rather see some big patch repairing many buggs ive encountered (Taris lag, hard mode flashpoints bugs, companions protesting to do stuff, etc.) Dont get me wrong, i really like this game, i just want it to be more polished before new stuff arives.
And so begins the eternal MMO battle between 'more new stuff' and 'fix the bugs'.

The development team is large enough that essentially, we can do both. We have many people working on analysing, triaging, fixing, testing and deploying new fixes to ensure the game's stability - and we also have many other developers expanding the game and creating new content.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kooshdin View Post
What about coming out with new planets so when we play SWTTOR and when new playersa play SWTOR, each time we roll a class, there isdifferent combinations of planets we can go through to get to max level ?
You'll see new planets over time, but of course creating a new planet is a massive amount of effort. That said, they're on the plans for sure. I will point out that even though we're going to create new planets, there's no guarantee they'll replace the existing Origin Worlds.

Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Is there any news on the Legacy system?
Not yet, but it's being worked on. Stay tuned!

Geordie
12.23.2011 , 06:08 PM | #44
has anyone else noticed theres a hutt sitting on top of that robot piloting it??

thats crazy, like a fat evil xavier from xmen

Phadian_gess
12.23.2011 , 06:13 PM | #45
all im gonna say is I want to see what raxus prime from the force unleashed looked like during the old republic's timeline that and different shades of colors for color crystals (a percentile chance of different shades of red blue and green etc etc.)
Haters, They gonna hate
www.Youtube.com/user/zanove
^---my youtube channel for covers and music

Pinia
12.23.2011 , 06:13 PM | #46
I dont think that new Instance and Raid is this that SWTOR needs in first big update.

Im was very happy that daspite this that i find this game HEAVILY based on WoW i found it also COMPLETELY different in gameplay style that WoW.

Sad thing that Bioware will follow very bad game expanding path... new instance after new instance (and raiding stuff) plus one cap increase addon per 2 years.

BORING.

Srsly guys... basides this that YOU CANT BEAT WOW BY SERVING MORE WOW you dont have other ideas?
Im really eager to see more storytelling, more planets, more fluff stuff, legacy system, REAL SPACE COMBAT not minigame, less linear quest paths, expanded player housing, expanded crafting (especially missions - they are boring lolz) NOT NEW FLASHPOINT (exciting! 1H OF GAMEPLAY THEN BORING FARM STATUS) and "oh look i have this Tier 678 Shoulders from generic raid boss XXX".

Just stick to things that makes this gme UNIQUE and FUN not generic instanced content that i play in RIFT, WOW, etc... and endless gear hunt.

Im not prophet but i think if you (bioware) will stick with adding flashpoints and vertical (tiered) content that will be abandoned right after next patch this game will fail like many before that follow this path (besides WoW ofc) and you pretty an handcrafted world will be ghost town as soon as players hit 50 and stic to "new flashpoint".

Bottom line.... new Flashpoint? Dissapointing and honestly (and sadly) predictable.

Thx.

Mishmashmoo
12.23.2011 , 06:16 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
How about letting us choose the warzone we want instead of having to play hutt ball 9/10 games.

Why do you go out of your way to prevent world pvp.

WHATS THE POINT OF NEW/MORE WARZONES IF WE CANT PLAY ANYTHING BUT HUTTBALL ANYWAY?
This. Why are you releasing new content when the existing content is broken?
Jedi Sentinel - Misha <Serenity>
[||||||||||||||██████████████████████████)

Winter-Storm
12.23.2011 , 06:42 PM | #48
it nice that you have plans in the works.

don't let current bug go un-noticed. I know some some games that have done and it was one many that I moved on.

New idea of a virus is good, Fighting another machine is? um kinda of repeated....

AMKSED
12.23.2011 , 06:43 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Mishmashmoo View Post
This. Why are you releasing new content when the existing content is broken?
I don't think I've ran into any game-breaking bugs.

/report it and move on.

Phadian_gess
12.23.2011 , 06:46 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinia View Post
I dont think that new Instance and Raid is this that SWTOR needs in first big update.

Im was very happy that daspite this that i find this game HEAVILY based on WoW i found it also COMPLETELY different in gameplay style that WoW.

Sad thing that Bioware will follow very bad game expanding path... new instance after new instance (and raiding stuff) plus one cap increase addon per 2 years.

BORING.

Srsly guys... basides this that YOU CANT BEAT WOW BY SERVING MORE WOW you dont have other ideas?
Im really eager to see more storytelling, more planets, more fluff stuff, legacy system, REAL SPACE COMBAT not minigame, less linear quest paths, expanded player housing, expanded crafting (especially missions - they are boring lolz) NOT NEW FLASHPOINT (exciting! 1H OF GAMEPLAY THEN BORING FARM STATUS) and "oh look i have this Tier 678 Shoulders from generic raid boss XXX".

Just stick to things that makes this gme UNIQUE and FUN not generic instanced content that i play in RIFT, WOW, etc... and endless gear hunt.

Im not prophet but i think if you (bioware) will stick with adding flashpoints and vertical (tiered) content that will be abandoned right after next patch this game will fail like many before that follow this path (besides WoW ofc) and you pretty an handcrafted world will be ghost town as soon as players hit 50 and stic to "new flashpoint".

Bottom line.... new Flashpoint? Dissapointing and honestly (and sadly) predictable.

Thx.
go cry more and play wow if you dont like what your paying for. its really that simple.
Haters, They gonna hate
www.Youtube.com/user/zanove
^---my youtube channel for covers and music