The WZs are full of PvE conquest points headless chickens

Aetideus

As expected and warned in PTS, a lot of regular WZs are unplayable thanks to PvErs that join for Conquest points.

There is no expectation from BW to do something. Only uglier rewards for Season 3.

1 hour waiting at RWZ queue...

Edited by Aetideus

PVE players won't be geared or any good at all unless they get experience playing in war zones. This might be an awkward period, but eventually those players will gear up, become experienced at PVP. Maybe I'm being really naive right now. :(

PVE players won't be geared or any good at all unless they get experience playing in war zones. This might be an awkward period, but eventually those players will gear up, become experienced at PVP. Maybe I'm being really naive right now. :(

You might have a point, since this is a main part of the game now and not just an event.

You are definitely making sense.

Either Conquests picks up and becomes a solid part of the game (and your prediction will come true), or it dies out and the problem solves itself.

In all cases I hardly call more players in regular WZs a failure (even if it was PvEr's farming points).

Edited by znihilist

You are definitely making sense.

Either Conquests picks up and becomes a solid part of the game (and your prediction will come true), or it dies out and the problem solves itself.

In all cases I hardly call more players in regular WZs a failure (even if it was PvEr's farming points).

Agreed completely!

They probably need to change the PvP conquest to RANKED only. That may help fix the issue. Team ranked especially.

Wuahaha !

AND THEN the constant streams of whining coming from Ranked players here on these forums ! :D

Your idea is priceless ! It will be a sure reason to buy LOTS of popcorn ! :D

They probably need to change the PvP conquest to RANKED only. That may help fix the issue. Team ranked especially.

I'd support that, Ebon Hawk republic side is just amazing right now with a lot of actual PVPers not wanting to queue up for regs at all.

On another note: you get conquest points solely from participating in WZ - bonus for winning is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Also, there are no points awarded from killing flagged players. They should also add capture the flag type places (mandatory flagging) on the plants: hold a camp/outpost and get bonus points every hour or something similar.

The WZs are full of PvE conquest points headless chickens

haven't read the rest of the thread. don't really care. been playing the game on and off since launch maybe 90-95% of the time as a solo queuer. regs have always been full of this. it's a non-issue. there's so much wrong with reg matchmaking that something that is, frankly, working-as-intended like this is...isn't going to ever be addressed by BW. if you were complaining that it brought PvE geared ppl into rated, then you'd have something. but this is as asinine as PvErs trying to do that one extra grp daily for the Gree which is, btw, PVP, and then complaining that PvPers are killing you.

I came to the warzones accidentally (thinking to earn a few comms to convert to Planetary Comms) a couple of months back, and stayed to L2P, because the style of play and the player ability is amazing. I am a noob, I am undergeared, but I am a total groupie. I am glad that the other people have the incentive to see the wz's and stick through those crucial few fist ones after which you actually start having a vague idea of how not to be a sitting duck, cap nodes and why there is two exits on Novare and only one person goes to that other one. The good and experienced guys, I thought it would be like an open season for you, rather than a reason to mourn the good old times when you knew 80% of people showing up during your time slot. No? Edited by DomiSotto

You all are missing the real root of the problem.

Right now conquest points are much easier to get through PvP then PvE. Lets say that you're in a large guild. Your guild wants to conquer a planet. They look at the objectives and see that the PVP ones are pretty darn easy to repeat and aren't once per legacy like a lot of the PVE quests.

Now, I have 7 55s. Currently that would be 7000 conquest points for the single warzone queue. Finish the weekies on all those toons and that's a heck of a lot of conquest points for ONE ACCOUNT.

Right now on my server, the leader is a large PVP guild, or at the very least, a guild that I think is using the general ease of pvp warzones to amass a lot of conquest points. PVE heavy guilds that do a lot of hardmode FPs, OPs, etc. will never get the same amount of points simply because of all the organization and time required to do them between multiple characters - in fact I know it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE for me do the group finder ops conquest between 7 55s (not to mention that a single 15 min warzone gives you 1000 points as opposed to a 2 hour+ ops giving you 2000...seeing my point yet?)

If conquest DOES catch on, and the large guilds figure out how much more they need to PVP then PVE to get the top score...well, you all best get used to this.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with all of the new players queueing in. Are some undergeared? Yes. Are some of them running around like derps? Sure. But overall this much new blood in the queue has breathed life into something that had gone stale. And there are so many people playing in them now, that even when the godly teams roll out I don't have to face them five times in a row.

At least from what I've seen this week, the incentives to get people into warzones has been a very good thing. People for the most part seem to be trying to actually win and I think once they get geared and some expierence, it's going to be fantastic.

Whilst I am all for more people playing PVP, I actually cannot be arsed queuing as a result of what seems to be happening, it's like lowbies has infested all brackets.

Will see how it goes over the next couple of weeks, if nothing changes, I wont renew my sub if I am not going to enjoy the only part of the game I play.

Don't really see how more people playing PvP would ever be a problem. PvP in SwToR isn't exactly a vibrant and expansive community as is, so anything to get more people playing it would be awesome.

10/10 for that idea Bioware. Might even end up avoiding the slow and invariable death of ranked PvP in time, if you manage to get more people interested in PvP'ing

More meat for the grinder is always a good thing in my book. I'm sure the worst will be weeded out naturally and enough will stay to make pvp better. Can't be much fun getting your teeth kicked in on a daily basis even if it gives a lot of points so it'll be okay in a week or two. And plenty will have enough exposure to get hooked and get better. In the mean time it's open season for personal records :D.

The issue with pvers in pvp is they dont react to anything. They have become so used to a tank pulling all the aggro..

When everyone is running straight past the tank and jumping on them they just sit there.

Edited by Tellenn