Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Ray and Greg: thank you for playing!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
From Ray and Greg: thank you for playing!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ancen
12.23.2011 , 05:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GregZeschuk View Post
Yesterday was quite a day here in Austin. We likely had the largest one-day subscription account registration process in MMO history over one million people are now registered players of the game, and the number is growing rapidly.

As you might imagine, this presented a huge strain on our infrastructure and systems, but the good news is that we seem to be through the worst of it now thanks to folks working hard all day to serve our community. And as Greg mentioned in his earlier note, we've also been working hard on resolving queues those being another side effect of the huge demand for Star Wars: The Old Republic over the past week. We were definitely anticipating a very high load but if anything the demand for the game has only exceeded our expectations!

We're very appreciative of your support and we look forward to surprising and delighting you throughout the journey ahead. To that end, we plan on letting you know soon about some cool upcoming content planned over the next few months.

On behalf of the SWTOR team, Greg and I want to thank you very much for your support, and also your patience yesterday as the team worked hard to process through the huge volume of players trying to register.

Thank you,

Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk
You're welcome, and congratulations on such a huge (and VERY successful it seems!!!) launch. I look forward to playing for years to come, keep up the good work! I am having a blast with the released version of SWTOR.

ForceFanatic
12.23.2011 , 05:35 PM | #12
Wonderful news! You guys deserve great success! Star Wars is the most amazing IP and it's in the hands of the most amazing developers, Bioware!

Look forward to future content as well.

Congrats again guys!!!

JediEwokFluff
12.23.2011 , 05:59 PM | #13
Thanks, bros.
I did it for the mouse droid.
"The bounties of space, of infinite outwardness, were three: empty heroics, low comedy, and pointless death." - Kurt Vonnegut on Star Wars: The Old Republic's PvE, story, and PvP features.

Jazzemup
12.23.2011 , 06:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancen View Post
You're welcome, and congratulations on such a huge (and VERY successful it seems!!!) launch. I look forward to playing for years to come, keep up the good work! I am having a blast with the released version of SWTOR.
Far from successful, the people that have access are blinded to how many are actually not able to access the game for whatever the reason may be and these people are in the thousands.

stormp
12.23.2011 , 06:18 PM | #15
How many of the millions cancelled credit card after subscription, and only subscribed for the free month they already paid for?

Ancen
12.23.2011 , 06:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzemup View Post
Far from successful, the people that have access are blinded to how many are actually not able to access the game for whatever the reason may be and these people are in the thousands.
They're talking about already-registered copies. Those people who have access are them. Could they be losing subs from impatience on registration, sure, but it's definitely a minority of players that is affecting. Regardless, this sort of discussion really isn't fit for this thread, honestly.

DarthSimus
12.23.2011 , 07:19 PM | #17
You're aware you got the most subscriptions because you force people to subscribe to even continue playing through their free month, right?

BHunterBuffy
12.23.2011 , 07:24 PM | #18
Now all you have to do is get this bug-ridden POS fixed (Guild/General Chat, Actually Saved Preferences, Mail to Alts just to name a few) so you can keep that 1 Mill Subs. Because you will definitely lose this one next month if you don't.
Merc - Launch Day Participant

corebit
12.23.2011 , 07:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSimus View Post
You're aware you got the most subscriptions because you force people to subscribe to even continue playing through their free month, right?
It's standard practice in almost every P2P MMO out there, get over it.
Account Cancelled 7/31/2012

Zooball
12.23.2011 , 07:25 PM | #20
Played KOTOR 1 & 2 many, many times.

Signed up to the SWTOR forums Day 1.

Signed up for the game and turned in my code first day possible.

Got to beta test.

Got a week of early play.

LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!!!

Now, why does my 6 year old Win XP system play the game soooo much better than my 2 year old Win 7 system?