Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Ray and Greg: thank you for playing!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
From Ray and Greg: thank you for playing!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aalain
12.29.2011 , 01:51 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by monkeydud View Post
Anyone else think all these whiners should just quit already?

Having read the forums the last few days I can wholeheartedly say that I am FED UP of all these doom and gloom merchants.

1.SWTOR isn't an MMO? wth. Well lets see The game is MASSIVE - even C&VG said they couldn't do a fair review off the bat as the content was so large they wanted to do it justice. Its MULTIPLAYER as I see TONS of people online and general chat is really lively. And yes i have to go ONLINE to play it. Seems like an MMO to me.

2.All the moaning minnies at level 40/50 complaining that the end game worlds are empty. WTH do you expect the game is 6 days old fer crissake. Personally I would be worried if all 1.5 million users were level 40 plus by now.

3.I'm assuming they must be jacked on Red Bull/Purdeys and sleep deprived after 6 solid days of 24/7 gaming to even BE that high a level.

4. I have NEVER played such an immersive game what with all the spoken dialogue. The quests are interesting, the Medical droid revive is GENIUS - even 90 seconds wait is better than a long BORING pointless ghost walk of shame back to a revive point. I have not felt like I am grinding for even one nanosecond which trust me is a first.

5.I have pretty much played every MMO in existence and this is the best BY FAR. In fact I would classify it a MMORPG in all honesty as I really feel as If I am a Jedi and that my choices really MATTER with the whole companion loyalty index.

6. Finally - If you dont like it then stop playing it. Why post on here how much you hate the game? Nobody cares. I certainly don`t. Go and play some other game. I can only assume the MMO you played before this was perfection personified. I'd love to know the name of the game you all played prior to this as it must have been so frickin awesome SWTOR can't possibly touch it.

SAY NO TO THE HATERS.KEEP THE FRIENDLY SPIRIT ALIVE.PLEASE BOIWARE DON'T EVER TO F2P.AND FINALLY TO THE WHINGERS - DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR *** ON THE WAY OUT.

Oh and final thought to the haters - I love this game so much I am going to upgrade my GPU as my current one struggles a bit. Now just go away please and leave us alone
Could not have said it better! I agree 100% with this.

Airinya
12.29.2011 , 05:31 PM | #102
Which is the one on the right in the picture? He's kinda hawt.

Robford
12.30.2011 , 05:21 AM | #103
I would like to thank you guys but having purchased the game 3 days ago and now burning subscription time, I haven't been ABLE to play the game due to corrupted Asset files on your 'Bug Fixing' Patch!!

Please look into so we can all finally enjoy this undoubtedly fantastic game!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...239#post857239

Synapze
12.30.2011 , 08:02 AM | #104
Thank you guys! You have provided us with a great game and a great service! Thank you! And a happy New Year where you can sit back and say - we launched on time!

Megaprime
12.30.2011 , 11:05 AM | #105
To the Good Doctors:
I'd like to both congratulate and thank you for creating such a great game. This by far surpassed all of my expectations. This is the Star Wars game that I've been waiting for, for years. I was even e-mailed an early access beta key and didn't download it because I wanted to be totally surprised, and experience the whole retail release at the same time as my friends and sirs, I am pleased. This game falls right in with your flawless legacy of quality games (I own pretty much all of them, across several platforms), and once again I applaud your dedication to perfection.

Warm Regards,

A Grateful Bioware Fan.

Endureth
12.30.2011 , 11:29 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by GregZeschuk View Post
Yesterday was quite a day here in Austin. We likely had the largest one-day subscription account registration process in MMO history over one million people are now registered players of the game, and the number is growing rapidly.

As you might imagine, this presented a huge strain on our infrastructure and systems, but the good news is that we seem to be through the worst of it now thanks to folks working hard all day to serve our community. And as Greg mentioned in his earlier note, we've also been working hard on resolving queues those being another side effect of the huge demand for Star Wars: The Old Republic over the past week. We were definitely anticipating a very high load but if anything the demand for the game has only exceeded our expectations!

We're very appreciative of your support and we look forward to surprising and delighting you throughout the journey ahead. To that end, we plan on letting you know soon about some cool upcoming content planned over the next few months.

On behalf of the SWTOR team, Greg and I want to thank you very much for your support, and also your patience yesterday as the team worked hard to process through the huge volume of players trying to register.

Thank you,

Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk

Yeah, I don't plan on playing that long dude. You made a Star Wars MMO without drawing from the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games? You made a linear game, then called it an MMO You made a game where I can't use my control key for whatever I want (Vent... really?). We have a game where you make choices during dialog that really have no impact in the game at all and doesn't change the story or take you down different quest paths based on your choices. Even light and dark choices come down to just one choice. The choice to make light choices all game or dark choices all game. One choice.

Your game looks pretty, has some cool stuff but since it's not *really* an MMO as it has no replay value.

You earned $60 for the game, that's it. There's nothing in it worth a subscription, I expect to have it beat by the end of the month.

Ethok
12.30.2011 , 12:01 PM | #107
I can not believe that u know that all of the people form SWG came over to SWTOR and u acctually put better graphics but you are missing tons of things which made SWG the funnest game to play, like free roaming in space and PVP in deep space or anywhere u just had to declare, then u took out player housing, which was a huge pat of Galaxies, Player housing was huge, people even use to build theyr own cities, guild halls, etc, turn theyr cities into fortresses, etc, as trust us millions of people love to take the time, to decorate they houses or just hang out there while crafting, etc, now is all MASS EFFECT, they a diferent ship, but same thing as Mass Effect, then space is limited, only for quests, then make your house the ship.? just like in M.E. Come on! where is my house in tattoine, or Naboo or dantooine, or Corellia, etc, u dont have entire populations living in theyr spaceship. people loved the freedom of the players in SWG, ok u have better graphics, thats all, everyone thought u would bring more to the table than galaxies, and everyone knows u can do it, but u didn't basicly u have given everyone Mass effect online!
what a shame that galaxies closed, the pc I have is so powerful that makes every game look good, so thank you for bring us Mass Effect online, and changed everything fun that galaxies had! from limiting us all that came from there, u took out professions, like that architect profession, and more, and u took out player housing to give eveyone an ugly ship to live in space, like if this is mass effect! guess what s not! but apparently ou are forcing the mass effect style of game play this is not an rpg anymore is more like one big fat adventure living on an ugly spaceship! thanks for destroying galaxies and taking out everything that was great about it!

xPheno
12.30.2011 , 01:20 PM | #108
This game is in it's early stages still and I'm eagerly anticipating all the awesome things coming our way, so this just makes me more excited to keep playing this game. Can't thank the developers enough for this gem. Keep up the great work guys and I'm sure that 1 million will become a drop in a bucket of water.

Now back to playing!

RomanAs
12.30.2011 , 02:58 PM | #109
game is amazing, super!
thanks!
i hope, SWTOR will kill WoW.
in SWTOR we trust!

Bertith
12.30.2011 , 04:26 PM | #110
All i can say is i wish there was a place to return this great game.

Considering there is not i will use up the credit.

Then bail to anything but this even free mmos have less problems an are designed better.

I honestly can not see this game lasting very long an i do not say this to be rude i say it because there is so many bugs an a lack of thought when designing this game.

From the simplest an a non brainier of placing an afk buff with a timer but no timer on the gate which blocks you from entering pvp.

Oh did i forget to mention the afk buff starts counting before the pvp load window is even finished loading.

An for people saying the game is only xx time old is a sad excuse to be honest because if they had any doubt of the game not working as intended they would have held off on releasing it an making profit from a monthly service fees.

When you buy something or buy a service do you expect it to work or for it to be broken?