Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Location of Datacron decorations on planets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Location of Datacron decorations on planets

Akushii
08.20.2014 , 02:16 PM | #1
I am hoping to get a listing of the different datacron locations and where people found them. I followed the guide on Dulfy on which planets have which datacron decorations, but I wasn't sure where exactly to farm. I had luck with the dark side strength datacron in the Supply Lines Heroic area.

However after farming for 1-2 hours, I had no luck finding any datacron in the Heroic area on Illum or on Belsavis.
~Peace is a Lie~

08.20.2014 , 03:05 PM | #2
I have also been having trouble finding the ilum datacron decoration, I was only searching in the heroic are at first but I have had others tell me that even random mobs drop it

I went across ilum just dispatching mobs but sadly no decoration, hopefully if someone has dropped it they can post up where abouts they did drop it for others

Tatile
08.20.2014 , 03:30 PM | #3
Well, a friend - who gave me one - says that (Light) Willpower datacrons drop like mad in the Alderaan Heroics, and I just got the (Dark) Strength Datacron from Chieftain Bloodgouge, doing the H4 Blood and Sand on Tatooine.

Dulfy's tor-decorating.com says various heroic mobs on the different planets, so here's hoping

Iwipe
08.20.2014 , 03:39 PM | #4
The best chances is to do the heroic quests on the planet and pick the lockboxes to open them. For most planets on the PTS I got them after opening 1-4 lockboxes. Ilum took like 8 lockboxes maybe? and Makeb took 50+

You also get a chance at the decors on heroic missions with a champion boss etc.

Akushii
08.20.2014 , 03:45 PM | #5
Just found Dark Aim Datacron in one of the daily area on Ilum (the place where you collect the boxes). Exact coordinate where I found it is (x: 567, y: -159).
~Peace is a Lie~

twotilmidnite
08.20.2014 , 04:14 PM | #6
This is where I've had the most luck for the dark datacrons. Stealth classes or AoE specs are best. (This was done on a Rage Mara)

Tatooine - H4 Blood and Sand - Just run by the mobs and kill the champ. Run out, reset and repeat. I've gotten 4 on my total of 6 kills.
Nar Shaddaa - Hunger of the Vrblthers - Kill the champs and do the mission as well. The champ you have to kill at the end of the mission has always given me one. Exit, reset mission, repeat.
Belsavis - Breakthrough - Same idea. Run to the Champ, kill him, rinse repeat.
Corellia - Prison Busting - Takes a little time, but the champ at the end has a reliable drop. Exit, rinse repeat.

Haven't tried Ilum yet. Will update as I find more reliable spots.
Xenoph - Sith Marauder Raumion - Sith Sorcerer
Viorel - Sniper Daedori - Powertech
GM of Morons and Mayhem Twitch.TV

ScarletBlaze
08.20.2014 , 04:36 PM | #7
My boyfriend and I were leveling last night, doing his introd to his Chapter 2 agent quest and the Dark Datacron (Cunning) dropped off one of the droids we were killing on Nar Shadda.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

08.20.2014 , 06:14 PM | #8
Thanks for posting the info on where those drops were everyone! Going to have to go and do some farming now

08.20.2014 , 09:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Akushii View Post
Just found Dark Aim Datacron in one of the daily area on Ilum (the place where you collect the boxes). Exact coordinate where I found it is (x: 567, y: -159).
Just a heads up that location is probably on good for imp players, i'm on the republic side so that area isn't any good for me

Senrie
08.21.2014 , 01:55 AM | #10
It seems like the best way to get the Makeb datacron is to farm security chests.