Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please repeal the hologram npc decision

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Please repeal the hologram npc decision

Rawbee
08.21.2014 , 12:38 PM | #21
/signed
I would welcome an option to turn on or off Hologram, but for the sake of performance why not add a summon or send to stronghold on the companion abilities? I think it would be great for RP if you could send a companion to the strong hold or keep them out of the strong hold.

siegeshot
08.21.2014 , 04:58 PM | #22
If we are going to really care about "performance," they would just tell us where the constraints were and let us help manage it.

Every single strongholds limitation is "performance" and I'm getting SO sick of it!!!!!!!!!!

Just let us have 10 non-holo... or 5... let us have 2.. let us have something! I don't need 50 people in my stronghold, so that can go. I will ever only have 2-3 max... so... stupid limitations are stupid.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

SithLordUther
08.21.2014 , 05:51 PM | #23
Wow your right Corso is naked and doc is in his original gear ? never noticed that

siegeshot
08.21.2014 , 07:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLordUther View Post
Wow your right Corso is naked and doc is in his original gear ? never noticed that
They did say they were going to fix that... but ... nothing about just removing or making holograms optional.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

Melever
08.21.2014 , 08:00 PM | #25
IIRC, originally, opposite faction companions appeared as enemies and were killable for XP while they were real. So they probably will fix that before they turn them real just so that people can't abuse it.

Duravian
08.21.2014 , 08:03 PM | #26
I agree.

My companions are all color coded and dressed as my personal cultists (So I have a bit of an ego, whatever). I want to adorn the halls with my personal army, but they turn into holograms when im not on my main. That, and the npc limit have severely limited my creative capabilities. No standing army and/or cult following for me I guess.

..yay strongholds.. yaay...

Acrasa
08.21.2014 , 08:26 PM | #27
Signed! Totally agree. As an avid RPer, yes, I'd love the ability to interact with all my companions across all my characters that use a stronghold... that's why I put them in that particular stronghold. Saying they shouldn't know each other makes no real sense, because, well, Legacy. If my trooper is my Jedi Knight's sister, or my bounty hunter's mother, or my smuggler's close friend, why shouldn't their crew and companions know each other? Why shouldn't they hang out and chat?

Beyond that, I'd like the ability to pick who's a hologram and who's not. I can totally see making holocalls to absent companions from the comfort of one's own (or mother's/sister's/best friend's) home. But the holograms need to retain armor and customizations, especially if Bioware intends us to use companions to show off favourite old armor sets on top of everything else.

Drudenfusz
08.21.2014 , 09:46 PM | #28
I would rather like to see the amount of people that can visit me reduced than the amount of companions I can place to get rid of the stupid holo decision.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Caralysse
08.21.2014 , 09:48 PM | #29
If they just had something besides their skivvies on, I'd be ok with the holograms! Companions hanging out in their underwear = not cool.

E-Zekiel
08.22.2014 , 03:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Caralysse View Post
If they just had something besides their skivvies on, I'd be ok with the holograms! Companions hanging out in their underwear = not cool.
This appears to be a bug that's mostly specific to the first companion for each class.

edit - in terms of them being in underwear, anyway. Other companions tend to wear their "default" clothes they start with.