Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please repeal the hologram npc decision

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Please repeal the hologram npc decision

siegeshot
08.20.2014 , 02:06 AM | #1
Guys, listen. I know I'm just a "stupid RP scrub" to most of you, but I really want my companions of my different characters to be interacting with each other in person, non-hologram. All of my stories have many of my companions actually knowing each other and hanging out / doing stuff.

I know that hologram thing is just a toggle. If it's a piece of the whole resource excuse along side the 25 pets/animal mounts... just limit us to 5 companions total, or 10, or something if they're non-hologram, just please give us the option. Or allow us to limit how many players can be in our strongholds, or drop their framerates, or drop their polycounts or something. Something, anything. Give us some kind of option.

Thanks.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

E-Zekiel
08.20.2014 , 04:48 AM | #2
I would very much like this too.

Also, they revert to "default" clothing when in holo-form. That's kind of...meh...just not as cool. Some companions also bug when they do this - Qyzen Fess and Vette both become naked.

Mozepy
08.20.2014 , 06:29 AM | #3
Agree.

Quote: Originally Posted by siegeshot View Post
All of my stories have many of my companions actually knowing each other and hanging out / doing stuff.
Spoiler

WEIRDLITTLEBRO
08.20.2014 , 06:31 AM | #4
Agreed. When people asked about armor stands for displaying gear sets, the answer given was that companions could be used for that purpose. But this makes it pointless if the companion is only really there when the character who owns them is there. It's very disappointing when I drop by my stronghold on one of my alts and I'm left with a bunch of holograms.
^v^v^ <Galactic Fifth Column> ^v^v^
Republic and Empire both call us "terrorists." That's nerfdrek. Terrorists target the innocent. We're fighting to save them.
Founded March 9, 2011 | Story-Driven PvX Guild | The Ebon Hawk
Guild Website | Accepting Applications | Guild Trailer

GoldenHornet
08.20.2014 , 06:38 AM | #5
Signed. The holo companions are lame.

When my bounty hunter visits my marauder, why has Jaesa turned into a hologram. It makes no sense.

SkalexSF
08.20.2014 , 08:02 AM | #6
Signed, i thought the game broke when I first saw the holograms

ZoltanMester
08.20.2014 , 08:50 AM | #7
/signed

Can't imagine a reason for this decision. Like the map change thing.

Warren-Stride
08.20.2014 , 09:34 AM | #8
I agree.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I have noticed some things about the holograms themselves. Corso, for example, is naked in his hologram. I'm pretty sure all companion customizations (such as different faces) don't transfer either. At least, my HK's customization didn't, and neither did Corso's.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Kaall
08.20.2014 , 09:37 AM | #9
/signed.

I want to see the companions in real even if i am not on the right character.
Si j'Útais un connard ša se saurait..., d'ailleurs ša se sait.

mallize
08.20.2014 , 12:00 PM | #10
Maybe make it an option? I like both real and holo NPCs. For RP, you may want to set up a Jedi Council reenactment with people holo'd in.

I think the user interface and options will evolve over time. I think they are off to a great start though.