Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness or lightning?

Totalchicken
12.23.2011 , 03:16 PM | #1
What kind of person would like madness and lighting? Cant pick which is most fun

Seraki
12.23.2011 , 03:22 PM | #2
A lot of my guild is saying madness is better dps simply due to the speed it improves in delivering said dps. At the moment I am pure lightning and notices right away that its not as fast as I would like it to be, however it does offer significant force saving choices and even a force battery option so if your splitting time as dps and heals a lot I think lightning is a good option.

just my two credits

Anosa
12.23.2011 , 04:07 PM | #3
im splitting madness and lightning.
Meow

Xkore
12.23.2011 , 04:27 PM | #4
I find madness 100 times better...instant and aoe Whirlwind is real nice..as is no cooldown force lightning.

Qars
12.23.2011 , 05:04 PM | #5
They are both pretty decent, but you could always go hybrid, i hear it works pretty well.

Coolfusis
12.23.2011 , 05:28 PM | #6
Lightning is a better DPS spec, madness is better for PvP. Check the stickied thread in the sorcerer forums for specs and a priority list for abilities, it will help you immensely.
Jesus saves. Everyone else takes 2d6 damage from the fireball.

Velixius
12.23.2011 , 06:12 PM | #7
I find madness just plain better and way more fun, having force lightning with no cool-down is just winning, not to mention the instant cast whirl-wind and Death field is a nice AoE to have.
Death is such a small impediment.
CE VIP

Kiyoma
12.23.2011 , 10:53 PM | #8
I think leveling as either is acceptable, and a definite hybrid at 50.

combining procs of both trees with chain lightning is insane.
Kiyoma - 75 Madness Sorcerer - Wound in the Force

Nywi
12.25.2011 , 05:28 PM | #9
Madness is easy mode I swapped today and the area CC along with no cool down force lightning makes questing so much easier.

truedark
12.25.2011 , 07:01 PM | #10
Going into both IMO is better than going into just one. A lot of the good skills for both are obtainable near the middle of both and its just so viable to do a hybrid with them.
CE VIP