Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server vs Server Warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Server vs Server Warzones?

VioletZero
12.23.2011 , 03:11 PM | #1
The warzone queues are starting to lag a bit already. And while I definitely agree that pulling people from many different servers to work together is bad for the community, what about server vs server warzones?

Everyone on the same team would be from the same server. But the other team would be from another server all together. I think that this is a happy medium and should go a little ways to help reduce PvP queues.

EDIT: I actually intended to post this in general discussion. But this works even better.
I'm a thinker. I could break it down. I'm a shooter. A drastic baby.

MrTerrito
12.23.2011 , 03:16 PM | #2
I am absolutely against this, I want server forums to happen to start building a community where everyone starts knowing players in game. Cross servers kill this, fix queues or lag a different way.

VioletZero
12.23.2011 , 03:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MrTerrito View Post
I am absolutely against this, I want server forums to happen to start building a community where everyone starts knowing players in game. Cross servers kill this, fix queues or lag a different way.
Did you read the thread?

BoShekk
12.23.2011 , 03:36 PM | #4
if everyone on your team is from your server then I do not see a issue with this. Server vs. Server would be cool.

The problems occur when they start teaming people up from other servers, I am totally against that. Also, they should never team up empire and republic people.
Squadron 367

Lerdoc
12.23.2011 , 03:44 PM | #5
And how instead of having server with overpopulated imperium playing hutball every 30 mins will help a pack of servers with exactly same issue?

You know, that won't magically make republic to imperium players ratio 1:1, it still be 1:2 to 1:3 and you will still wait as long as you do know.

Only difference is you will ruin server community be introducing "annynymus BG ret ard" syndrome.

VioletZero
12.23.2011 , 03:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BoShekk View Post
if everyone on your team is from your server then I do not see a issue with this. Server vs. Server would be cool.

The problems occur when they start teaming people up from other servers, I am totally against that. Also, they should never team up empire and republic people.
In complete agreement here.

It should be same faction and same server for your team.

Rabbican
12.23.2011 , 03:53 PM | #7
I'm sorry you will sill be playing huttball 90% of the time until you roll republic. Your queues will stay very much the same because the faction imbalance is present on nearly all servers.

I like knowing who I am playing against, in addition to the people I play with... I vote no to your idea.
Shards of Alderaan, Helm of Graush, 50 Jedi Sage: Deceiver
Operation Latte Thunder, Helm of Graush, 50 Operative: Watcher

Norr
12.23.2011 , 04:05 PM | #8
Xserver SUCKS. Knowing your enemies and allies and building up rivalries and friends and what have you is WAY more fun than just killing unknown masses.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of your opponent's fate.

VioletZero
12.24.2011 , 12:47 AM | #9
Well, I have to repeal all my interest towards this.

I just found out that there's a Sniper who hates me for hounding him so much. And seeing the reoccuring faces and finding their own little battle styles, especially when fighting them, is something to be treasured.

Keep all the content in server please.

mondenet
12.24.2011 , 01:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MrTerrito View Post
+1 I agree with you on that