Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

unlocking your ship for your stronghold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
unlocking your ship for your stronghold

JimG
08.27.2014 , 10:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam_Fargo View Post
All for a bunch of pixels on a screen that represents something that really doesn't exist...and that no on in game will ever probably see, besides you.
Newsflash....the whole game is a bunch of pixels on a screen that represents something that doesn't really exist. So that argument is pointless if you're trying to single out only certain aspects of the game. By your logic, none of us should be playing the game.

Kageonis
08.27.2014 , 11:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dak_fireraker View Post
It does not.. I just spent 2 days crafting 5 Dark Project MK-1's & 5 Universal Prefab MK-3's. Bought X-70B Phantom Gave it to my Guild so we could have it parked outside on the "LANDING PAD" & it isnt allowed. it wants to be put on a "Vehicle Hook" & not a "Centerpiece Hook" & you cannot modify the layout to make it work. Needless to say I am very Livid. I dont care about the "cost" as i think the ship is totally worth it. I am upset as to why I cannot have a ship put on my Landing pad!
Just did the exact same thing. So sad

Alleton
08.31.2014 , 03:36 PM | #23
Read above, the 'landing pads' on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas aren't big enough for the larger ships, only the large pads on Tattooine and Nar Shadaa are. You can put The smaller fighter decorations out there, however. (Although I'm a bit irritated that they're on that 'display' podium....thing, instead of in a 'landed' configuration.

solo-nite
08.31.2014 , 05:25 PM | #24
I agree with everyone here that the ships cost too much, they should of made this a legacy thing. If you completed chapter 3 with a class you unlock that class starship to place on your stronghold. Not these way over the top expensive dark projects.

Koozebane
09.01.2014 , 05:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by solo-nite View Post
I agree with everyone here that the ships cost too much, they should of made this a legacy thing. If you completed chapter 3 with a class you unlock that class starship to place on your stronghold. Not these way over the top expensive dark projects.
Why, it's almost as if we have to craft another ship just for parking privileges.

IMHO the landing pad at home should be just like any other hanger bay in any other place in the game. The ship is there. Because I'm there. Because I use the ship to go places.

No "hook" necessary.
"Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can. "

Dak_fireraker
09.03.2014 , 09:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alleton View Post
Read above, the 'landing pads' on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas aren't big enough for the larger ships, only the large pads on Tattooine and Nar Shadaa are. You can put The smaller fighter decorations out there, however. (Although I'm a bit irritated that they're on that 'display' podium....thing, instead of in a 'landed' configuration.
When you look at your stronghold from the outside (both DK & Coruscant) the actual landing pad/ docking bay is below the patio outside. The problem is that the room is full of Large hooks & nothing larger. If we could actually change the layout & combine the hooks I could make room for a ship.
Solstie
Solqitta & Solahmar
(& Various other toons) - Shadowlands & Jung Ma server

livingdeadjedi
09.04.2014 , 07:20 AM | #27
Lets try and keep this alive until they lower the prices for all stronghold items, such as 1 round room on Tat costing 900k but the same size room with a window on Coruscant for 40k.

Things only get done if people stand their ground! It might have seemed a reasonable price beforehand, hopefully it isn't a cash grab *as far as the cartel side goes* but that would be naive thinking. Not too fussed about spending the ingame cash, but still would like it a bit cheaper as it's only a round room and is not worth 900k
May the Force be with You !

Jaedelyia
09.18.2014 , 02:33 AM | #28
I agree the cost for it is ridiculous.
I mean, I can accept the cost if you want to craft additional ship, but your own...
You can use the speeder you have in your collection as decoration, but can't park the frigging ship you own and use every day ? Come one, let's be serious here...

Discip
09.18.2014 , 09:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
I agree the cost for it is ridiculous.
I mean, I can accept the cost if you want to craft additional ship, but your own...
You can use the speeder you have in your collection as decoration, but can't park the frigging ship you own and use every day ? Come one, let's be serious here...
I completely agree with this, Yeah if you want the shuttles you should have to make/buy them, since the player character would not own 2-3 shuttles, but your CLASS ship, you know, the one your superior's, etc. GAVE to you, as in you already own it, so why do i have to farm up some crazy stuff or pay out the nose to display something i already own? It feels like I'm paying around 2mil credits extra for a parking pass to land at my own home, which I already payed 2.5mil credits for btw, the main reason being the multiple landing pads.

This needs to be addressed in some way soon, it's pretty stupid, let us use the ship we own to decorate the home we just bought, or give the decoration as a reward for completing one of the acts, or at the very least lower the material cost a little bit, we already have to sink so much time and credits into the strongholds to unlock the whole thing you shouldn't make us have to repurchase something our character already owns.

One more thing, if you were going to make them this expensive they should at least be full size

MaeDelima
01.12.2015 , 01:44 AM | #30
Bioware, seriously, give us a break

Unless you want to limit this thing (that will be Standard in Star Citizen) to 1% of your player base, who will waste a ton of resources that could be better spent just to have a shrunken down, non-functional ship parked there?

You should design the landing pad so we can climb into our ship right there.
Our class ship should automatically unlock to appear there when we unlock the hangar pad.

For all I care, make the landing pad unlock more expensive.

Why be so chinzy ?

Save the Dark Project for something else, preferably not related to Strongholds, maybe Guild ships or some other thing.