Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Early Access!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Early Access!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
08.19.2014 , 01:46 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Producer Jack Wood welcomes SWTOR players to Galactic Strongholds Subscriber Early Access!

Read More
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

APCrol
08.19.2014 , 02:22 PM | #2
Spend some time in customizing my stronghold, even bought some cc packs, but now I feel big disappointment cause I can't really customize it, can't be creative with this dot placement style, with this limits to everything. Its like compare mobile phone game to PC games. Look at how deep customization is in Wildstar for example, I'm really want here same approach to feel like its really my fortress and to be able to impress. Also there is nothing interesting what can visitors do in your home no interactive items, they even can't use cargo holds ( to access their stuff ofc) there must be reason to spend time here. Gathering? Used one gathering stuff and got 3 hours of waiting till I can again get 3 metals lvl 1? I simply can't spend much time in customizing my home because of such simple system!

Also there is no reason to get more strongholds than one when nothing interesting you can do with one.

Also hoped for PvP balance improvement which is already on test.

And crafting for stronghold... I've got 450 cybertect and can only craft a bit of crap.

Its all feels like alpha.

Brainiacblue
08.19.2014 , 03:14 PM | #3
This is a very nice start and hopefully the beginnings of more sandbox endgame for the players.

It also makes me very happy to have been stockpiling those Alien Data Cubes at 300 each, to sell them at 30000 each! A tidy profit for the guild.

Thank you for this update but don't think you can slack off yet, I want my Manaan stronghold and I want some swoop racing, that wall of crazy seems to be getting smaller.
HK-47: Master, I am not totally illegal, I am only slightly illegal.
Revan: What's the difference?
HK-47: Why Master! It's about 20 years! A significant time for you pitiful meatbags. Not that I feel pity, master.

darktwous
08.19.2014 , 04:05 PM | #4
So I already bought my stronghold, then I got the quest for the furniture. If you are supposed to get the quest first they should tell you somewhere. Tried traveling to my stronghold, but didn't update.

ZionHalcyon
08.19.2014 , 04:14 PM | #5
Wait. Isn't this burying the lead?

When did Jack become the producer? I thought it was Bruce?

Interesting to have a new guy up top, unless I am missing something?

Nemarus
08.19.2014 , 04:14 PM | #6
Why does GSF have so few Conquest objectives which get a Guild Invasion bonus? And I don't just mean this first Conquest Event.

I know that future Conquest Events will offer Guild Invasion bonuses for GSF, but never more than x2. And in total, datamining shows that FOUR Conquest Events offer no Guild Invasion bonus at all for GSF.

Compare this with Warzones, which have only ONE event without a Guild Invasion bonus, or Flashpoints, which have only TWO events without Guild Invasion bonus, or Crafting, which have only TWO events without Guild Invasion bonus.

What is the deal, devs? GSF should at least be treated the same as warzones. We've already come to accept that there aren't any new GSF updates coming this year. Can you at least make GSF a viable playstyle for Conquest?
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Gkaruk
08.19.2014 , 04:19 PM | #7
Stupid question, but I cant work out how to unlock my subscriber Stronghold. Got the in game mail stating goto Stronghold Management but nothing is there to unlock? What am I missing?

Zaytrin
08.19.2014 , 05:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gkaruk View Post
Stupid question, but I cant work out how to unlock my subscriber Stronghold. Got the in game mail stating goto Stronghold Management but nothing is there to unlock? What am I missing?
Gkaruk, I ran into the same issue. Find the Strongholds area in your fleet and use the terminal for Nar Shadaa. This should let you activate it free of cost and allow you to travel there.

MadHobbit
08.19.2014 , 07:28 PM | #9
really great, I got my 3 strongholds,and finished updating them in 15 minutes. only thing i like and wanted and used was the legacy storage.while some may like decorating , I do not, I only like functional items.I also do not plan on upgrading the storage, 750 CC seems too much for me.and as for the tattoine Strong hold, too expensive.

Halinalle
08.19.2014 , 10:51 PM | #10
Thank you for legacy storage and KDY medpack!
EV 8SM 5/5, KP 8SM 5/5, EC 8SM 4/4, TfB 16SM 0/5, SnV 8SM 7/7
DF 8SM 5/5, DP 16SM 0/5, Rav 16SM 0/5, ToS 16SM 0/5