Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It is now less then 24 Hours away from Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
It is now less then 24 Hours away from Strongholds

Darth_Wicked
08.18.2014 , 08:38 AM | #11
It's none of your business how many creds I have. I ain't sharing them with anyone.

KEEP AWAY FROM MY CREDS...!!!

Darth_Wicked
08.18.2014 , 08:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
He will finally be able to pass on from this world in peace. His quest will be complete.
He'll soon reroll and engage in another quest most likely.

Muljo_Stpho
08.18.2014 , 08:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ghoul_drool View Post
And I'm definitely looking forward to starting the Personal Conquests. I really want those crafting nodes for my strongholds!!!
Oh the time and work it will take to build up a decent collection of those. (They're only available from the random 3 you can get each week from personal conquest rewards, right?)

But when I heard that that was a thing I could already start to see having a farm set up somewhere in one of the strongholds. First thing when you log on, make it a point to visit with a character who has only gathering skills so you can just vacuum up all your free materials. If you're still on a couple hours later when they should have respawned, you step over to that character again to collect again. Every couple hours while you're online, just step over and collect a bunch of free materials.

MillionsKNives
08.18.2014 , 08:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
He'll soon reroll and engage in another quest most likely.
And the next 3 years we're listening to the ramblings of Jeff_Fortescue about proper Sith socks. For no right-headed Sith would leave his lair without a flashing pair of Red Ranger socks.

MillionsKNives
08.18.2014 , 08:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Muljo_Stpho View Post
Oh the time and work it will take to build up a decent collection of those. (They're only available from the random 3 you can get each week from personal conquest rewards, right?)

But when I heard that that was a thing I could already start to see having a farm set up somewhere in one of the strongholds. First thing when you log on, make it a point to visit with a character who has only gathering skills so you can just vacuum up all your free materials. If you're still on a couple hours later when they should have respawned, you step over to that character again to collect again. Every couple hours while you're online, just step over and collect a bunch of free materials.
You don't need to have the gathering skill to collect from those. You can do it on any character.

Sarfux
08.18.2014 , 08:47 AM | #16
Oh yeah! I can't wait! I am absolutely loaded for this and cannot wait. Going to be so much fun. So many things are coming into this game and it's going to keep getting bigger and better!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Alec_Fortescue
08.18.2014 , 08:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Just wondering Alec, what will be the meaning of your existence once we get the robes you so desperately want?
playing a character that is wearing jedi robes.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Drockter
08.18.2014 , 09:02 AM | #18
For personal stronghold... meh... I'll look at the one given to me as a sub... but have no plans on "doing" anything with it.

As one of the vocal group arguing that the guildship cost was too high (for value received, not because of difficulty in getting credits), I have to say... I am excited.

As I said in another thread, the effect the goal of raising the funds for the ship and stronghold, was revitalizing. We pulled together, got the funds, and had a great time doing it. People pulled together to team for ... well just about anything. Contributions of credits flowed at a steady and strong pace, crafting mats needed for utility decorations we all agreed on flowed into the bank.

Membership has increased as more members started asking their friends to join...

This wasn't a group of 15-25, but a group of <10 active players.

We'll be unlocking the Flagship, and a Stronghold on Coruscant as soon as maintenance is complete.

I am very glad to say, I was wrong... the value was there... maybe not intrinsic, but for the effect on the guild... I would've paid more.

To all my Guildies... Way to go!

ghoul_drool
08.18.2014 , 09:07 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Muljo_Stpho View Post

Worth it. One needs goals in an MMO to keep playing. I want those nodes in my stronghold!!

Callaron
08.18.2014 , 09:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Drockter View Post
For personal stronghold... meh... I'll look at the one given to me as a sub... but have no plans on "doing" anything with it.

As one of the vocal group arguing that the guildship cost was too high (for value received, not because of difficulty in getting credits), I have to say... I am excited.

As I said in another thread, the effect the goal of raising the funds for the ship and stronghold, was revitalizing. We pulled together, got the funds, and had a great time doing it. People pulled together to team for ... well just about anything. Contributions of credits flowed at a steady and strong pace, crafting mats needed for utility decorations we all agreed on flowed into the bank.

Membership has increased as more members started asking their friends to join...

This wasn't a group of 15-25, but a group of <10 active players.

We'll be unlocking the Flagship, and a Stronghold on Coruscant as soon as maintenance is complete.

I am very glad to say, I was wrong... the value was there... maybe not intrinsic, but for the effect on the guild... I would've paid more.

To all my Guildies... Way to go!
Yeah, that is a beautiful thing.
And only the tip of the iceberg with Conquests arriving tomorrow!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.