Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Analytical Marksmanship Dummy and Raiding Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Analytical Marksmanship Dummy and Raiding Guide

DieGhostDie
10.08.2014 , 02:55 AM | #11
I am back in the game! (Still a casual though.)

So with the 3.0 overhaul of the new Discipline system, this guide will pretty much be scrapped. I will be posting a new 3.0 Master Marksmanship/Sharpshooter guide if closed PTS testing is available to me.

I'll still be taking questions until then, so fire away. *swoosh swoosh*
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ

mjnataf
10.11.2014 , 04:48 PM | #12
How can i be good?
Meb-Tech
Mebela

DieGhostDie
10.11.2014 , 04:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mjnataf View Post
How can i be good?
This is your answer.

bluecheesebandit
10.29.2014 , 10:07 AM | #14
Looks like you have two phase sevens on draxus? I usually call the first one (when only the boss is there) "phase zero" or not call it a phase.

Also, bump because this guide is awesome.

DieGhostDie
10.29.2014 , 12:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bluecheesebandit View Post
Looks like you have two phase sevens on draxus? I usually call the first one (when only the boss is there) "phase zero" or not call it a phase.

Also, bump because this guide is awesome.
Oh #RIP. Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed.

NateSoGross
12.01.2014 , 06:49 PM | #16
Will you link your new guide when ready plz? I know it's a day short, but I'm eager to see the changes.
<Modny taught us>
Erdface- Powertech
Beezy should've barriered

Ryuku-sama
12.01.2014 , 10:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by NateSoGross View Post
Will you link your new guide when ready plz? I know it's a day short, but I'm eager to see the changes.
From what I have gathered...

Rotation goes as

BV > PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > AS > TS > Fil > Fil >PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > AS > TS > Fil > Fil >PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > AS > TS > Fil > PR > TS >

Filllers (fil) are either VS (you must have a 100% uptime), Hightail IT (on CD try to buff PR after Burst Volley if the crit buff from set bonus affects the whole channel... If not just go for the following TS.. and the second AS) or Charged Burst (roughly one every three rotation) or Flurry of Bolt. They can be moved anywhere in the rotation as needed you just needs 2 between each AS to make sure you won't have to delay it.
Cool head should be activated during the second PR >TS > > AS > TS every third rotation.
Always use Illegal Mods during Burst Volley to reduce its CD as much as you can.
Pop Smuggler's Luck AS SOON AS it comes off CD. The buff last long enough to last until your next AS.

For the execute. Replace the second CB by QD everytime. And remove one filler (the one with CB).

For the Opener.... XS > AS > TS > VS > PR > TS > BV > IM > standard rotation with Illegal Mods....

I have been trying to theory craft the minmax gear but I need the stat formula in 3.0.... I would guess you want to be at the accuracy cap, stacking surge and maybe up to 5% alacrity (at 7% it begins to mess up the rotation by deleting one filler which make it less energy sustainable)... The crit-power balance can't be determined right now... Considering the amount of auto crit and Honed Shot, I would guess a full power build with maybe 2-3% crit from crit rating will be BiS.. But I will have to run the math.....

EDIT : Corrected a small error in the rotation.. AS wasn't followed by a TS
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

TACeMossie
12.01.2014 , 11:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
From what I have gathered...

Rotation goes as

BV > PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > AS > TS > Fil > Fil >PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > AS > TS > Fil > Fil >PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > AS > TS > Fil > PR > TS >

Filllers (fil) are either VS (you must have a 100% uptime), Hightail IT (on CD try to buff PR after Burst Volley if the crit buff from set bonus affects the whole channel... If not just go for the following TS.. and the second AS) or Charged Burst (roughly one every three rotation) or Flurry of Bolt. They can be moved anywhere in the rotation as needed you just needs 2 between each AS to make sure you won't have to delay it.
Cool head should be activated during the second PR >TS > > AS > TS every third rotation.
Always use Illegal Mods during Burst Volley to reduce its CD as much as you can.
Pop Smuggler's Luck AS SOON AS it comes off CD. The buff last long enough to last until your next AS.

For the execute. Replace the second CB by QD everytime. And remove one filler (the one with CB).

For the Opener.... XS > AS > TS > VS > PR > TS > BV > IM > standard rotation with Illegal Mods....

I have been trying to theory craft the minmax gear but I need the stat formula in 3.0.... I would guess you want to be at the accuracy cap, stacking surge and maybe up to 5% alacrity (at 7% it begins to mess up the rotation by deleting one filler which make it less energy sustainable)... The crit-power balance can't be determined right now... Considering the amount of auto crit and Honed Shot, I would guess a full power build with maybe 2-3% crit from crit rating will be BiS.. But I will have to run the math.....

EDIT : Corrected a small error in the rotation.. AS wasn't followed by a TS
I think you're looking at an old set bonus - they've been updating them so it looks sort of like:

2- piece - Using [Specific move] Grants 2% damage for 15 seconds, 30 sec lockout
4-piece - Either resource management or an old set bonus
6-piece - Auto-crit on some kind of situation. I think the Sniper had an extra charge from Laze Target for this one.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Ryuku-sama
12.02.2014 , 11:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
I think you're looking at an old set bonus - they've been updating them so it looks sort of like:

2- piece - Using [Specific move] Grants 2% damage for 15 seconds, 30 sec lockout
4-piece - Either resource management or an old set bonus
6-piece - Auto-crit on some kind of situation. I think the Sniper had an extra charge from Laze Target for this one.
I see... I was refering to the :

2p - Using [Specific Move - Aimed Shot for SS] grants 5% power for 15s, 30s ICD.
4p - Leg Shot heals for xx amount.
6p - Hightail It makes you next ability an auto-crit.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

DieGhostDie
12.02.2014 , 11:29 AM | #20
I just want to update the masses that my guide is almost ready to go! Currently, I'm dealing with busy projects at the moment, so hopefully I'll be able to get them done by week's end, so that I can make some final adjustments.