Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has Bioware considered adding a CM subscription time token like PLEX/CREDD/REX/APEX?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Has Bioware considered adding a CM subscription time token like PLEX/CREDD/REX/APEX?

Kulyok
08.18.2014 , 02:07 AM | #11
I feel there shouldn't be any free(=in-game credits) subscription for anyone.

To start with, that's grossly unfair. (Buying cartel cosmetic stuff is acceptable to me, but not this).

That also possibly means the token buyers will be able to buy a year of subscription or more, when a normal subscriber can only buy six months.

That also means that the players will have even more interest in grinding credits, which means, well... for me, it takes any fun out of the game, if instead of playing like I like to play and earning one million a day I'll be grinding and trying to earn five because MUST HAVE FREE SUBSCRIPTION! Gods, please, don't ruin the game.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

JamieKirby
08.18.2014 , 02:28 AM | #12
I tend to pay for a 2 month non-recurring sub every now and then, that way, if they don't bring in anything fun to do, i just let the time remaining to run out.

This game gets pretty dull after completing the class story, i mean i was hoping that the 'story oriented' mmo would be more than just repeating the same content over and over and over again when you get to max level, i personally want more pve story content that is fully soloable.

If they bring out more fun story content that i can do at my own pace, the more money i will put into it, assuming they get that disconnection issue fixed without me needing to delete the cache file every single time i log into the game.

JamieKirby
08.18.2014 , 02:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post

To start with, that's grossly unfair. (Buying cartel cosmetic stuff is acceptable to me, but not this).

That also possibly means the token buyers will be able to buy a year of subscription or more, when a normal subscriber can only buy six months.

That also means that the players will have even more interest in grinding credits, which means, well... for me, it takes any fun out of the game, if instead of playing like I like to play and earning one million a day I'll be grinding and trying to earn five because MUST HAVE FREE SUBSCRIPTION! Gods, please, don't ruin the game.
They will not do it, so don't worry, if they did this, then everyone would be doing this and bioware would get no profit at all, which would kill the game and i think it would put the sense into them to go back to kotor style RPGs and not mmo games.

OddballEasyEight
08.18.2014 , 02:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
The OP already offered an alternative for that though; skip the CC and make it a direct purchase through the website.
But people are still responding to his original post.
(And yes, making it CC would be a bad idea for the reasons you mentioned)
I know.. I wasn't commenting on that.
I was merely pointing out that the person I quoted completely missed the point.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

OddballEasyEight
08.18.2014 , 02:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
They will not do it, so don't worry, if they did this, then everyone would be doing this and bioware would get no profit at all, which would kill the game and i think it would put the sense into them to go back to kotor style RPGs and not mmo games.
Why is it so hard for people to understand that Bioware would get the money in the end anyway.

It's not like the subscription time tokens would appear out of thin air for people.

In the end, someone has paid real money for the token.
So bioware won't lose a dime on it.

The only difference is that some players will have a subscription without paying a dime of real money for it.
But that subscription has been paid for by someone. Namely the one that bought the token to sell it.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.

OddballEasyEight
08.18.2014 , 02:56 AM | #16

It wouldn't change much since it's up to the person playing the game how they want to buy their subscription.
You could still just buy your subscription for real money and ignore the grind you'd have to do to buy it with in-game cash.
Sure, the people who can't or doesn't want to pay for a subscription would have to grind... but that's their choice. You could STILL play F2P without it.

DataBeaver
08.18.2014 , 03:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
No you could buy a free subscription over time if you collect enough achievement CCs so it's likely that won't happen.
A month's subscription would probably be around 1500-2000 CC. Achievements give 20 CC apiece, and there's a very limited amount of those that do; I doubt you could get even 1000 CC from all of them combined.
You do release they would loose money from this? It's not gaining anything if you buy it with in-game currency.
You do realize someone has to buy it for real money first? They don't just materialize on the GTN out of thin air.
Why does that even matter?

I imagine the price for the subscription would be such that it takes an hour or more of grinding credits every day for a month. In most of the Western world, even minimum-wage employees only need to work three or four hours to earn enough real money (after taxes) for a subscription. What exactly is unfair here and towards whom?

If you think you "must" have a "free" subscription and it's ruining your game, maybe you should have your priorities checked.

LilyJedi
08.18.2014 , 03:30 AM | #18
You do release they would loose money from this? It's not gaining anything if you buy it with in-game currency.
You're missing the point, someone has to buy the item using real money, just the same as when people buy the game time cards. Then, someone uses it to activate subscribed time. It doesn't matter to EA/BW whether it's the same person buying it as using it, as long as they get their money.

In accounting terms, it's probably far less problematic than selling stuff for cartel coins and giving away "free" coins -- John Smedley over at Sony Online Entertainment (the company that makes the EverQuest games, DC Heroes, Planetfall etc) wrote as much when they tried to change that system, in that the unspent coin has to be accounted as a company liability.

AlaricSevGirl
08.18.2014 , 03:45 AM | #19
No they aren't. Someone is paying for the subscription then selling it in game to another player. BW/EA looses nothing. The only problem is that CREDD in Wildstar is selling for way too cheap. It's value isn't what it should be for the 20.00 it costs.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan (Republic Trooper)
RP with the best, Universal Investigations

Callaron
08.18.2014 , 04:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
No they aren't. Someone is paying for the subscription then selling it in game to another player. BW/EA looses nothing. The only problem is that CREDD in Wildstar is selling for way too cheap. It's value isn't what it should be for the 20.00 it costs.
Maybe Wildstar's players are trying to support the game a bit too much?
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!