Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Treek worth losing the story that accompanies vanilla companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is Treek worth losing the story that accompanies vanilla companions?

Hondo-Karr
08.17.2014 , 12:49 PM | #1
I am interested in getting Treek for all of my characters because of her greater level of combat and healing effectiveness, but there is one thing holding me back. With all the vanilla companions they sometimes take part in conversations and have their own quests to go on once you reach certain levels of affection. Some are also essential to the plot of the character, like Mako is to the BH story (at least chapter 1) or Aric Jorgan in the first chapter of the trooper story (I'm trying not to drop even the tiniest of spoilers). Since I don't have Treek I don't know very many things about her in game, and I would like to know more before I put forth the money/creds. I would greatly appreciate if people who already own Treek (even better at max affection) could answer the following:

1. Does Treek participate in conversations?
2. Does Treek have her own affection conversations an/or quests?
3. Do you think Treek takes away from the story dynamic of the vanilla companions?
4. If Treek does take away from the story dynamic, does her combat and healing effectiveness outweigh the loss of the vanilla companions in your oppinion?

Thanks in advance to any who might share their insight,

Hondo

FlameYOL
08.17.2014 , 02:07 PM | #2
Treek Has Her Own Personal Storyline But It Is Just To Explain How She Got To Serve On Your Faction,As Far As I Remember She Doesn't Interfere At All With History Or With Your Class Conversations.
We Are Harbinger

Terro_Fett
08.17.2014 , 02:18 PM | #3
Neither HK nor Treek interact with the story at all. It is a major drawback yes but honestly, a decent amount of presence (and if your leveling at fresh alt at this point in the game you probably have a ton of it) can make any alt godly powerful when leveling anyways
Deloth Vyrr - Progression Raid Leader
R E I G N
Sith Empire

Darth_Wicked
08.17.2014 , 02:22 PM | #4
Quote:
4. If Treek does take away from the story dynamic, does her combat and healing effectiveness outweigh the loss of the vanilla companions in your oppinion?
Absolutely not.

And I say this as someone who leveled each class at least twice, in some cases three or four. IMHO, if you're really into the story and interaction with your companions, either get Treek AFTER Makeb or have her out only during combat.

Other than that, just pretend she's not even there. Outside Oricon, she has absolutely ZERO affection to be gained while leveling. HK-51 does have on Makeb though, as well as on Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally.
History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

Hondo-Karr
08.17.2014 , 07:24 PM | #5
Thanks for all of your quick responses.

Anyone know if the absence of Mako (and having treek instead) would make a problem because of her not being in the instance/conversation in the chapter 1 story?

Darth_Wicked
08.17.2014 , 07:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hondo-Karr View Post
Thanks for all of your quick responses.

Anyone know if the absence of Mako (and having treek instead) would make a problem because of her not being in the instance/conversation in the chapter 1 story?
Not really.

If a companion is MANDATORY for a certain phase of the class story, the game will inform you of such.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally.
History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

Damask_Rose
08.17.2014 , 09:36 PM | #7
I only use Treek or HK while leveling when I"m on a character who's only choice of companions is one I can't stand. Like Kaliyo Otherwise I greatly prefer the original companions.

However, having Treek at a low level makes crafting much easier.

Unity 3d tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

Callaron
08.17.2014 , 11:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I only use Treek or HK while leveling when I"m on a character who's only choice of companions is one I can't stand. Like Kaliyo Otherwise I greatly prefer the original companions.

However, having Treek at a low level makes crafting much easier.
That's generally the role the little furball plays after I recruit her too.
Reduced to menial labor.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!