Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Harbinger is CROWDED..........

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Harbinger is CROWDED..........

imscared
08.17.2014 , 03:45 AM | #21
I resubbed about a month ago. A lot of it is because WoW has just been stagnant for so long, and while I think WoD will do well for the first couple of months, garrisons were just as heavily rail guided as the strongholds appear to be. To the victors go the spoils, though SWtoR has a huge advantage of doing housing first.

psikofunkster
08.17.2014 , 08:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGoldsilver View Post
and??
...you can't count. I said two words 1 and 2. If you are expecting more you should stop playing games so much and go to school to learn to count.

JSitruc
08.17.2014 , 09:03 AM | #23
I have noticed the same thing while recruiting for my guild on the jedi covenant. Over the past 2 weeks there have been many recruits saying that they are new to the game or saying that they are returning from a very long break. One person even mentioned returning because of the excitement for star wars episode 7. I think that episode 7 must be great advertisement for star wars games.

annabethchase
08.17.2014 , 10:16 AM | #24
I sense a great disturbance in the Force. It's as if millions of people are remembering this game exists, seeing the mini-expansion is launching and coming back. If the 3.0 expansion is what I'm hoping, that could be an even bigger bump. And the new movie draws ever closer. This could get huge.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Pietrastor
08.17.2014 , 11:11 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I sense a great disturbance in the Force. It's as if millions of people are remembering this game exists, seeing the mini-expansion is launching and coming back. If the 3.0 expansion is what I'm hoping, that could be an even bigger bump. And the new movie draws ever closer. This could get huge.
New movies have been a huge 'present' for EA, it's practically free marketing for TOR. Now if EA was smart they would push it further, secure a deal for cross-promotions with Disney on Episode 7 tickets, merchandise, more exposure on StarWars.com etc to push TOR even more

TheNahash
08.17.2014 , 11:15 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
New movies have been a huge 'present' for EA, it's practically free marketing for TOR. Now if EA was smart they would push it further, secure a deal for cross-promotions with Disney on Episode 7 tickets, merchandise, more exposure on StarWars.com etc to push TOR even more
...but they're not.
So let's not get our hopes up that they actually will do any of those things. Your best bet would be that they're going to promote the hell out of the single player SW games that are going to be tied to the movies (don't know if they've been announced but it's as inevitable as a new Madden/Fifa game).
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

hunterraaze
08.17.2014 , 03:49 PM | #27
Well of course the Harbinger is the best server, I play on it.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia
Click here to give me free stuff! (And you too I guess)

Aries_cz
08.18.2014 , 02:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
...but they're not.
So let's not get our hopes up that they actually will do any of those things. Your best bet would be that they're going to promote the hell out of the single player SW games that are going to be tied to the movies (don't know if they've been announced but it's as inevitable as a new Madden/Fifa game).
Because Ep7 is still more than a year in future. Any tickets, merchandise, etc. deals would start much closer to release or after it.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

kidatwood
08.18.2014 , 05:04 AM | #29
I don't know if any of you guys and gals follow cinema blend. But the leak from there source is saying the new bad guy in ep 7 will be sith inquisitors. If that is so they pulled there bad guy from here

Aries_cz
08.18.2014 , 05:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by kidatwood View Post
I don't know if any of you guys and gals follow cinema blend. But the leak from there source is saying the new bad guy in ep 7 will be sith inquisitors. If that is so they pulled there bad guy from here
It is supposed to the related to the Inquisitor (member of the Sith Inquisition, part of Imperial Intelligence) from Rebels (also main baddie of the show). The Sith Inquisition (which nobody expects) has been around in EU for a while now (1996 book Young Jedi Knights: The rise of the Shadow Academy)
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link