Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Harbinger is CROWDED..........

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Harbinger is CROWDED..........

MaximusRex
08.16.2014 , 09:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
And some people think SWTOR is supposedly dying.
Well, technically everything is dying. Some people just think SWTOR is much closer to the end then it really is.

psikofunkster
08.16.2014 , 09:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightfalll View Post
In the past week or two, I have never seen so many new people on this server. Our guild, just made 5 days ago, already has over 150 members, with 98 percent under level 55. And no, most are not alts. The players are brand new to the game.

I haven't seen it this jam packed since launch. Not QUITE as crowded, obviously, but just flowing with people. Huge patch/housing/guild ships coming, so of course, there's a big draw.....

Anyone else notice the same?
Two words: SUMMER VACATIONS.

MrGoldsilver
08.16.2014 , 10:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
Two words: SUMMER VACATIONS.
and??
Nerf Operatives. Today, Tomorrow, Always

Mrgoldsilver- Engineering Chaf'orm'bintra-Lethality/Medicine Slitheren-Darkness Dist'rak'basku-Bodyguard
And many others

NajeeSensei
08.16.2014 , 10:30 PM | #14
Send some players my way to The Shadowlands :P

(That sounds even worse typed out)
The Shadowlands
Flames Of The Phoenix
- Najee: Lvl. 55 Shadow
- Cerulean: Lvl. 55 Sage

Heat-Wave
08.16.2014 , 11:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
And some people think SWTOR is supposedly dying.
No, that isn't what people are saying, at least it isn't what I've said...

What I HAVE said is that SWTOR is in maintenance mode... and that remains true...

GSH is a nice add-on, but it isn't a GAME. You run the OLD content to try and get drops for decorations for your stronghold, but as far as the strongholds themselves, they don't do anything. There isn't a GAME around them.

If you simply don't understand, go play the Sims for a few hours, that is a GAME around housing... there is no game with this, it is just an empty shell with nothing to do.

The actual content isn't changing, nothing new to DO is coming out...

This is the very least they could put out and still keep the cheerleaders happy... Sure, some people will enjoy it, but I suspect a lot of people will come back and try it, and turn right around and walk right back out the door when they discover the content that you actually play has not changed in a long time.

Oh do I wish it were different... I love the game, I love the class stories, the rich detail of the planets... but we haven't had a new full planet in 18 months, it may be close to 2 years before we get 3.0, and only time will tell how long until anything comes after that. If the story in 3.0 is as shallow and unrepeatable as Makeb was, I won't stay.

Reno_Tarshil
08.16.2014 , 11:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Heat-Wave View Post
No, that isn't what people are saying, at least it isn't what I've said...

What I HAVE said is that SWTOR is in maintenance mode... and that remains true...

GSH is a nice add-on, but it isn't a GAME. You run the OLD content to try and get drops for decorations for your stronghold, but as far as the strongholds themselves, they don't do anything. There isn't a GAME around them.

If you simply don't understand, go play the Sims for a few hours, that is a GAME around housing... there is no game with this, it is just an empty shell with nothing to do.

The actual content isn't changing, nothing new to DO is coming out...

This is the very least they could put out and still keep the cheerleaders happy... Sure, some people will enjoy it, but I suspect a lot of people will come back and try it, and turn right around and walk right back out the door when they discover the content that you actually play has not changed in a long time.

Oh do I wish it were different... I love the game, I love the class stories, the rich detail of the planets... but we haven't had a new full planet in 18 months, it may be close to 2 years before we get 3.0, and only time will tell how long until anything comes after that. If the story in 3.0 is as shallow and unrepeatable as Makeb was, I won't stay.
I like how you ignored the flashpoint that's also coming out and Guildships and conquest quests. Oh wait that would disprove you right?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Callaron
08.17.2014 , 02:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrr_hypernova View Post
you think there a lot of new people now wait till the new movies out.
Rebels will probably spawn a couple of new Star Wars fans too. And remind the already existing ones of the galaxy far far away that they love.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

OddballEasyEight
08.17.2014 , 02:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I like how you ignored the flashpoint that's also coming out and Guildships and conquest quests. Oh wait that would disprove you right?
Now, now, you know as well as I do that any content they don't like isn't content at all and therefore need not be included.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Tsillah
08.17.2014 , 02:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
You do have a point of course but here's the thing. A flash point to me has very limited value. I am not sure of course if it's going to be a proper one or another one of those boring tacticals but really, it'll have to be amazing to make me want to do it more than a couple of times.

And then you mention conquest. Now I am not sure about personal conquest stuff but we all know that there's a lot of people who will have a hard time with getting those 50 mill together to have access to the guild variant and even then it looks like it's just going to be content for the top 10 guilds on the server and the rest will give up trying as they won't stand a chance.

So technically there is content being added but I am not sure if it's the best type of content.

As a personal side note, I do like the housing bit so that is content I consider more useful because it will keep a lot more people busy for a longer period of time. It's also not for everybody but at least there's more to it if you do like it and you don't have to be in the top 10 guilds to make it work.

I do wonder though. If you are not in the top 10 guilds on your server, done the FP 5 times and don't care for housing too much...well the last significant real update for you was about a year and a half ago. You know Operations and stuff. People have been waiting a very long time for something new there.

So I am not saying there is no new content, but I do wonder how many people are served by this content.

As for the topic, I have also seen an influx of new players. Not just people who were on holiday for a bit and returned but actual new players on their first characters. This is on Red Eclipse. Not sure how significant the numbers are but there do seem to be more at this moment than before.
The general forum, where small voices become big and small numbers become majorities

Callaron
08.17.2014 , 03:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
As for the topic, I have also seen an influx of new players. Not just people who were on holiday for a bit and returned but actual new players on their first characters. This is on Red Eclipse. Not sure how significant the numbers are but there do seem to be more at this moment than before.
It's not just new players, GSH has drawn back a lot of people that quit shortly after launch too. And I suspect they're doing the same thing that I do when I return to a game I haven't played in ages: roll a new character.
The Red Eclipse has definitely been a busy place lately.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.