Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamescom 2014 Q&A ( Dulfy.net )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gamescom 2014 Q&A ( Dulfy.net )

Darth_Wicked
08.16.2014 , 11:02 AM | #1
Gamescom 2014 Q&A ( Video )

- - - -

Taken from Dulfy here. I assume it was added after she posted the files from the pen.

Here's hoping she doesn't mind:
Quote: Originally Posted by Theho
  • Shadow Realms is a completely different development team and will not affect SWTOR in any way.
  • We did not get any developer responses during 2.9 PTS because team was too busy on getting it ready and could not spare a few minutes. Also, 2.8 got more responses because it had class changes, while 2.9 was more for balance changes. Rest assured that our feedback was heard, though we’ll have to wait until 2.10 before they implement it.
  • Dark Project prices are working as intended. They are supposed to be a lot of effort to get.
  • They are aware of the situation with Rated PvP and have discussed solutions. Cross-server PvP is certainly not coming 2014 and would be an enormous undertaking if they did it. Cory Butler said “At this moment, they are narrowing down the solutions for Rated PvP”
  • No details on the Rise-like expansion later this year, but Marketing told Eric that he can say “Except more details in the coming weeks” (same as what he said in the IGN video)
  • The 25 NPC decoration restriction is very likely put in to improve performance, but they did not know for sure. Also, they said that it is possible they may raise this limit in the future if they find the servers can handle it.
  • I asked Cory Butler about details on the Stronghold reactivation fees. The Nar Shaddaa stronghold subs get for free counts as a CC purchase, so you won’t have to spend credits to reactivate it. Also, if you want to save the reactivation fee, you just need to purchase the base stronghold with CC, you can unlock the additional rooms with credits afterwards.
There's also this in the comments section from our buddy here in the forums, Aries_CZ:
Quote:
How close is SWTOR to developer's vision?
* There really is never one single vision, as it is constantly evolving from what developers come up with and based on community feedback. The main goal is to allow people to live out their Star Wars fantasy.

Is 2.9 complete complete expansion, or is it going to be released in stages?
* 2.9 is complete expansion with all its features.

Hood toggle?
* They know people want it (it gets asked on at every Cantina Tour), but it still presents a humongous task, which does not mean that they will not do it, just that until they are talking about it, it is not in active development.

Is SWTOR canon?
* SWTOR is a Star Wars game, developed in cooperation with LucasArts. But basically, no confirming or denying that it is canon.

Cross-server, or some other options (something like arena only server to which transferring would be free)?
* Answer was that it is not people really wanting cross-server, they just want queues to pop on a regular basis (which is true, most people would not give a rat's behind about cross servers if queue were popping all the time). So the PvP team is trying to figure out way to get more people to play ranked content (and other types of content, naturally).

Will there be another paid (or even boxed) expansion, or is everything going to be free update now?
* Info about Rise-like expansion in next few weeks.
EDIT:
Quote: Originally Posted by CheaterLL View Post
Just some things I wanted to add (not mentioned in the public Q&A but I spoke with the devs later on).
  • Training Dummies for Strongolds are coming. Most likely not with 2.9, but they will.
  • Healing and tanking dummies are in development, they're just difficult to implement but BW is working on it.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Devoted Ones ( AKA, Raving Mad )
THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING! I SEE IT. WE SEE. BUT THEY DON'T SEE.
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE EYES!

ronniehenlau
08.16.2014 , 11:09 AM | #2
Good stuff! Mostly good answers, although I dont love the one about x-server - it is (imo) the only way to have enough people in the queue for elo to actually work. Considering anything below 10 teams is a problem, and ideally you'd have *tons* more for flawless elo matching, I dont understand which other solutions they can be looking at.

Oh *****, I got it - a new helmet without repair costs. :3

CheaterLL
08.16.2014 , 12:08 PM | #3
Just some things I wanted to add (not mentioned in the public Q&A but I spoke with the devs later on).
  • Training Dummies for Strongolds are coming. Most likely not with 2.9, but they will.
  • Healing and tanking dummies are in development, they're just difficult to implement but BW is working on it.
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Maintank
TFB S&V DF DP HM Farm | TFB NM 1/5 | DF NM 4/5

Darth_Wicked
08.16.2014 , 12:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CheaterLL View Post
Thank you. I'll add to the OP.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Devoted Ones ( AKA, Raving Mad )
THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING! I SEE IT. WE SEE. BUT THEY DON'T SEE.
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE EYES!

Racjel
08.16.2014 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote:
Dark Project prices are working as intended. They are supposed to be a lot of effort to get.
Boom
Server: The Red Eclipse
Galizur Scoundrel
Akrasjel Vanguard

Infernixx
08.16.2014 , 12:23 PM | #6
I'm going to wait and see if they changed up the drop amounts for mats in lvl 50 OPs before I comment further on Dark Projects.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Tsillah
08.16.2014 , 12:39 PM | #7
I'm glad they finally answered the questions about the stronghold reactivation costs.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

AlrikFassbauer
08.16.2014 , 12:46 PM | #8
I can confirm these questions & answers. Some was not very good to understand for me acoustically, because I was standing in a not very good spot for listening, but that's what was asked & answered.

Someone was filming the whole Q&A, was that Dulfy ? Or someone else ?
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

TheBBP
08.16.2014 , 12:58 PM | #9
So...

Quote:
So the PvP team is trying to figure out way to get more people to play ranked content
Will this be via fun and exciting new ways to enjoy PVP or are they going to gate new content and fun via PVP kind of like they are doing with Conquests by making things easier IF you PVP?
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Drudenfusz
08.16.2014 , 01:26 PM | #10
Even with fast queues I would like to have cross server GSF and PvP, especially ranked PvP, so that people can compete across servers. And of course I really would like to have some kind of cross server huttball league! So, I don't get why BioWare think people are not interested in cross server when the queues would be faster, but they rarely seem to get what players really ant anyway.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version